Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Benne posted:

Where do they even find these scrawny geeks for jobber squashes (who still have some muscle tone so you can tell they work out)? Do they just walk into an MMA gym in Orlando, go up to the flyweights training and be like "hey, wanna be on NXT television?"

They probably take them from the inexhaustible local talent armies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

The long-term story they're telling with Asuka turning underhanded when she's met her match has been really solid tbqh, and exactly the tack they needed to take with her. When she goes full-on desperation heel against Ember and fails to put her down it will be earned and put Ember over. It's really the only way to get someone over against a Hogan figure

I totally get that, but even against Ember she always shows confidence/arrogance, even if it is to cover up her fear of meeting her match.

It has been a nice slow burn, though. She even showed signs of this against Bayley and I'm stoked for when she snaps and goes full-on heel beating the poo poo out of someone/everyone.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The touring roster these days

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
funny to look at the split between their midwest/south touring roster and the Florida roster. I feel like it'd make those house show tours way stronger to pull in Kassius Ohno and Oney Lorcan instead of random jobbers

also lol, from that Florida show

quote:

Buddy Murphy & Jeet Rama Def. Steve Cutler & Wesley Blake

glad that Blake vs Murphy lives on in the local shows

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wish I could offer a match tally but Cagematch doesn't have a profile. But Binky Blair has maybe 25 matches under her belt yet she is on the national tour:

https://twitter.com/BinkyInTheHouse/status/860211841007443970

Next Kurt Angle/Braun Strowman!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
man, i mean, it's hard to "tell roderick strong's story" without namedropping ring of honor, but drat that was a lot more than i expected.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

shiksa posted:

man, i mean, it's hard to "tell roderick strong's story" without namedropping ring of honor, but drat that was a lot more than i expected.

Personally interested in the dynamics of that. Even with the cameras off Strong wearing an ROH shirt at the PC would something intuitively you'd advise him against if you were a friend. But it was most likely done for effect but it was still weird.

Saw the listing of the Kevin Owens DVD it has no full ROH matches on it. Not sure if there's footage in the main documentary. Again I should ask around.

If you are looking for the reason why Roddy is getting this push the answer is winning over Shawn Michaels at the Performance Center. That's something I said in the spoilers thread a good while ago. It is definitively a post-Daniel Bryan type push.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I found Percy more tolerable this week. He drew on some FCW history when talking about Danny Burch and he seems like he's getting more comfortable in his role. He also doesn't chime in too much to the point where he's intrusive.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
I was the only person cheering at Drew Mac's last match in WWE and I'm excited to see my best friend Drew Mac in Chicago.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

rovert posted:

The touring roster these days

Scrolling down, my initial thought was "Wow, they are doing Bobby Roode vs Asuka, that's not something I would have expected" before further scrolling down, and now I'm sad it won't happen.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Oh man I would have been so into a Murphy and Jeet team

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

Wish I could offer a match tally but Cagematch doesn't have a profile. But Binky Blair has maybe 25 matches under her belt yet she is on the national tour:

Wasn't Daria also very quickly moved up?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

If you are looking for the reason why Roddy is getting this push the answer is winning over Shawn Michaels at the Performance Center. That's something I said in the spoilers thread a good while ago. It is definitively a post-Daniel Bryan type push.

Not to put too finer a point on it, this seems like the sort of story that if Vince heard back in the day he would have gotten invested in him and handed him a push like candy.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I never really cared about Roddy as a babyface but those video packages were awesome. He definitely should be the one to beat Roode for the title.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

nxt takeover chicago's themes are by fozzy and a band literally called "hacktivist," i hate this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

nxt takeover chicago's themes are by fozzy and a band literally called "hacktivist," i hate this

NXT's always had lovely buttrock themes for their Takeovers. I wonder if it's just a running gag at this point.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

rename SAnitY to Hacktivist and give them a Watch Dogs 2 or Mr Robot gimmick

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

rename SAnitY to Hacktivist and give them a Watch Dogs 2 or Mr Robot gimmick

only if we get sami callahan back as part of the deal

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

sami says no but we can get Bull Dempsey or Sylvester LeFort to take Sami's old gimmick, will that work?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I liked Baroness as an Official NXT Takeover Theme

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

you cant have him

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They had that child Japanese metal band once.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Benne posted:

NXT's always had lovely buttrock themes for their Takeovers. I wonder if it's just a running gag at this point.

Takeover London had Ace of Spades and it was awesome

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Benne posted:

Hell, its better than the main WWE PPVs being wall-to-wall nu-metal from the late 90s/early 00s.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

still better than fuckin flo rida or pitbull or whatever

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

dale

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

Thanks to Asuka for bringing us BABYMETAL

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's probably as simple as lovely buttrock bands being willing to take less money for use of the song

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

well you nerds wanted to bicker online and so they let me pick the band, enjoy promo videos set to 14 minute Rush songs you jabronis

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Mob posted:

well you nerds wanted to bicker online and so they let me pick the band, enjoy promo videos set to 14 minute Rush songs you jabronis

my entrance music is the entirety of 2112

(actually an instrumental version of temples of syrnix would be a good fuckin entrance theme)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Benne posted:

they got baroness one time and it was like "woah hey who let the good band into here"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

RealFoxy posted:

Thanks to Asuka for bringing us BABYMETAL

BABYMETAL best band to get a Takeover theme song, just saying.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'd say PVRIS were, if they didn't blow so hard live. Props to Babymetal at least they can perform.

ed: no gently caress me anyway, PVRIS were for a WWE event, not NXT. Welp, Babymetal definitely #1 for NXT, then.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

I never really cared about Roddy as a babyface but those video packages were awesome. He definitely should be the one to beat Roode for the title.

Yeah, Roddy always had good technical skills but it always bugged me that his matches went 1000 miles a second with barely any time to actually sell the impact of anything, plus he had the most generic look and almost no personality to speak of. Then he started to get better about his pacing and selling, and now this video package has basically humanized him in a way that makes me really root for the guy.

If his push is because Shawn Michaels was impressed with him, then it's just yet another reason to love Shawn Michaels.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, Roddy always had good technical skills but it always bugged me that his matches went 1000 miles a second with barely any time to actually sell the impact of anything, plus he had the most generic look and almost no personality to speak of. Then he started to get better about his pacing and selling, and now this video package has basically humanized him in a way that makes me really root for the guy.

If his push is because Shawn Michaels was impressed with him, then it's just yet another reason to love Shawn Michaels.

Did you watch any Of his PWG championship run? Because he was legit one of the best wrestlers in the world as PWG champion. Also a heel that was booed consistently in PWG which is not an easy task.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ghost and Babymetal are not butt rock

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The_Rob posted:

Did you watch any Of his PWG championship run? Because he was legit one of the best wrestlers in the world as PWG champion. Also a heel that was booed consistently in PWG which is not an easy task.

He had an awesome heel run in PWG, but like I said before, it was hard to get invested in him as a babyface. These video packages have done an incredible job making people care, and now that he's doing the best wrestling of his career, he should have no problem being the most over guy on the roster.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/iAmKelsey91/status/860714786794815488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Between this, the UK WWE tryouts this week and WWE planning to contact ex-ROH talent. It is going to be impossible for me to strike up a conversation with anyone in Wrestling without seeming like I am gleaning info out of them - more than usual.

quote:

During yesterday's conference call to discuss the first quarter earnings of 2017, WWE's Michelle Wilson noted that the current plans for the announced WWE Network women's tournament, a 32 competitor event, would take place in the third quarter of the year.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that the plan is to begin filming episodes of the tournament in July, likely at Full Sail University in Florida (although the idea of filming it elsewhere has not been ruled out), with the series being added to the Network via VOD. The current plan is to not release the episodes as a weekly episodic series but to release sets of episodes at once.

The tournament would be similar to the Cruiserweight Classic with a big focus being on different international competitors. We are told there are talents already going through the traditional background checks that take place before WWE offers deals as well.

The current plan is to hold the finals of the tournament as a live WWE Network special on Tuesday 8/29. With the live special, the current plan is for 8-10 "episodes" total.

• Locked thread