Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Or bringing the Thunder and Lightning :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah The Levin is associated with purple in FFXIV so it may be that. I hope it is personally, but I guess we'll see!

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Yoshi-P teasing a new BLM action on the OF.
I'm glad Leylines comes pre-targetted by deadly AoE now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xun posted:

This is happening not right now right?

No, it's tomorrow, I figured less than half a day was too short notice. 3pm EDT/8pm BST, this Saturday 2017/05/06.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 5, 2017

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

EponymousMrYar posted:

Or bringing the Thunder and Lightning :black101:

They said that T1/T2/T3 is being compressed into a single skill, right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They have said absolutely nothing about skill changes yet, as far as I'm aware.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
They specifically said a few months back that thunder was getting consolidated into one spell with traits as you level replacing 2/3.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

vOv posted:

Yes.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Countblanc posted:

yeah The Levin is associated with purple in FFXIV so it may be that. I hope it is personally, but I guess we'll see!

It IS Stormblood, after all. Pretty thematic if BLMs pick up a bunch of lightning stuff.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

vOv posted:

This needs to happen with Ruin 1 - 3 also.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ruin 1-3 are very different spells, although they could probably get rid of Ruin 2 and make Ruin 1 instant. Broil could be merged with Ruin 1 as well.

The real offender is Stone 1-3.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Ruin 1-3 are very different spells, although they could probably get rid of Ruin 2 and make Ruin 1 instant. Broil could be merged with Ruin 1 as well.
(Or, better, just add a trait at the level you get Ruin 2 that makes Ruin 1 instant)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

jalapeno_dude posted:

(Or, better, just add a trait at the level you get Ruin 2 that makes Ruin 1 instant)

Why is that better?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Along with Stella, Malefic, and Malefic II.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Why is that better?

You still get that feeling of an ability improving, you dont need to swap abilities if you get low level.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Alright, cool. Since jyrque is also EU, I'll try getting on from 3pm EDT/8pm BST and hitting up the cross-FC linkshell.

I'll try to be there, since I'm also an EU newbie WHM.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Why is that better?

It's one less button?

You can't consolidate Ruin 3 with the others without ruining SMN's current MP management dynamic, but nobody would miss Ruin 2 if they just made Ruin 1 become instant with a trait.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
But but but blind!

That would require a single target blind being useful outside of pvp though :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Klades posted:

It's one less button?

You can't consolidate Ruin 3 with the others without ruining SMN's current MP management dynamic, but nobody would miss Ruin 2 if they just made Ruin 1 become instant with a trait.

I meant why not just make Ruin 1 instant like in the post which was quoted? Why do we need a trait at level X instead of just making it a part of their kit?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Fister Roboto posted:

They should screw the slow effect and trait all of them too.

e: on a semi-related note, they should replace the sound effects for stone 2 and 3. 2 sounds like it has so much more weight behind it.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 6, 2017

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Countblanc posted:

I meant why not just make Ruin 1 instant like in the post which was quoted? Why do we need a trait at level X instead of just making it a part of their kit?

I mean, you could do it that way, but I personally like the feeling of gaining new abilities and tools as I level up. Plus starting with Ruin 1 as a cast trains you to assume most GCD skills are cast rather than instant, which is true for ACN/SMN, and then it feels like a reward when you get to a high enough level that it becomes instant. (I can see an argument that this should be earlier than level 38, but IMO it should at least be after you get the whole Bio/Bio II/Miasma set.)

Mrs.Nameko
Dec 16, 2015

Mushrooms are the internet of the forest!
Some rad poo poo happened today!:slick:

:siren:Goon Dance Party:siren:

https://youtu.be/2x45jUImP9o

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Mrs.Nameko posted:

Some rad poo poo happened today!:slick:

:siren:Goon Dance Party:siren:

https://youtu.be/2x45jUImP9o

On the night I don't play I miss this? :smith:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

itskage posted:

On the month I don't play I miss this? :smith:

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Just applied for membership for PBC...even paid $18 for a world transfer

,...what am I doing with my life?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Valicious posted:

Living the dream, dude, duh

PBC owns.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Valicious posted:

Transfering to excal to play with goons (TPT) was one of the best decisions I've made in gaming life.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I don't regret wasting my free month to be able to create a character on Excalibur (DGKK)

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if i didn't play with goons how else could i sit in thirty minute queues for ravana extremes that end up taking 40 minutes?

god bless that paladin with an ilvl 145 chest, wherever he is....

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Yoshi-P teasing a new BLM action on the OF.

Silly YoshiP, Thordain's a Dragon Quest spell.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Well that's done. Too bad I no longer main SCH :smith:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Playing on PS4 it's at least very obvious the moment you gain aggro since the controller's speaker lets out a loud rear end Schwing noise. Although it's the same noise that's made whenever a limit break bar is filled as well so it kinda doesn't work out the greatest sometimes.

They could keep the color system as it is now, but have it be around your health bar or something like they do in WOW, if you have the orange aura that means you're about to pull off the tank and if you're red you're dead.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Leal posted:

Well that's done. Too bad I no longer main SCH :smith:

Congrats! I'm in the same boat that I don't main sch as much anymore and I'm really really close to finishing mine.

I'm doing the umbrite step of my MCH anima atm and it's definitely much faster now.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
That awesome dance party reminded me: how do people sync up emotes? I'm assuming that one was done in /gpose, but I see people in Limsa while walking around who have synced their emotes perfectly. How are they doing it?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If you load into an area and two people are doing the same emote they'll be synced, that might have been what you saw.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

kirbysuperstar posted:

If you load into an area and two people are doing the same emote they'll be synced, that might have been what you saw.

Ah. Yes, that explains it.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
~_~ I saw that Excalibur was open for new characters, went and made a cosmetic change to the character I had ready, looked back, and they cut it off. Grr!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah you get in and then you worry about looks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
As a reminder, anyone interested in attempting to learn the EX Warring Triads today, we'll be starting from 3pm EDT/8pm BST, which is in an hour. I'll be putting out a call in the cross-FC linkshell at that point, or you can whisper Erna Breaker directly in abut 45 minutes.

Please make sure you can get on Discord if you're up for this, because we're probably going to need voice comms if we want to not just wipe repeatedly. :v:

jyrque, Truga and Waci, let me know your in-game names so I can give you priority if we somehow have more than 7 people interested.

e; I'm Erna Breaker ingame, just to make it easier.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Do you still need a hand?

• Locked thread