Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Glambags posted:

People like tanner glass now? What the gently caress

I mean, he's no John Scott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've won more awards for doing my job than Tanner Glass ever will.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Aces High posted:

I mean, he's no John Scott

Sitting at a Crunch game in my Jon Scott ASG jersey, nodding approvingly

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Linesmen for Ducks-Oilers, Game 4: Scott Cherrey, Brian Murphy
Linesmen for Ducks-Oilers, Game 5: Scott Cherrey, Brian Murphy

You'd think missing an offside and icing leading to two goals would be means to make sure different linesmen work the next game, but since those both benefited the Ducks that means they get to work the next game in the series. Great job NHL!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

To be fair, the linesman put his hand up for icing. I'm not sure if it's his responsibility to blow the play down for it from the opposite blue line where the puck was fired from.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like those reporters aren't Canadian.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ducks tied Game 5 3-3 as Kesler was grabbing Talbot's pad and not letting go. That's 100% goalie interference. The goal was allowed to stand.

gently caress the NHL, gently caress the refs, gently caress Bettman. This loving poo poo is rigged.

e: https://twitter.com/DerekVanDiest/status/860727915645894656

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But what about the previous two goals? Game should never have gotten to the point where a blown call/review mattered. :v:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
eh gently caress goalies

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

xzzy posted:

But what about the previous two goals? Game should never have gotten to the point where a blown call/review mattered. :v:

Yes, the Oilers never should've allowed the 3-1 and 3-2 goals, but the thing is that if the right call is made and the goal is waived off then odds are that the Oilers would've killed off the final 15 seconds. They would've won the game in regulation had the right call been made. Instead we're now facing OT, which the Ducks will likely win, and instead of having won the series 4-1 it's likely 3-2 Ducks headed back to Edmonton.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 6, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Whether he did or didn't I just don't think you're gonna get that call when you're pushing a player into your own goalie and I don't understand why dmen continuously think it's a good idea.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I posted this in the GD thread but sometime during the season they really started erring on the side of the players on these plays. There's definitely some kind of secret Brian Burke cabal to not call off goals. I've even seem some offsides that sure as hell looked like offsides called on.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

Whether he did or didn't I just don't think you're gonna get that call when you're pushing a player into your own goalie and I don't understand why dmen continuously think it's a good idea.

Nurse is the reason Kesler fell, but Nurse is not the reason Kesler was grabbing onto Talbot's pad. You shouldn't be able to grab a goalie's pad and get away with it, no matter how you get into that position.

Anyways, if the Ducks win this series I'm done with the playoffs this year. gently caress watching this rigged bullshit. I don't care who wins the Cup anymore as long as it isn't the loving Ducks.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Kilza posted:

instead of having won the series 4-1 it's likely 3-2 Ducks headed back to Edmonton.

Um, you know the series is 2-2 right now

edit: wait I think I get what you're saying. nevermind.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

T-Bone posted:

I posted this in the GD thread but sometime during the season they really started erring on the side of the players on these plays. There's definitely some kind of secret Brian Burke cabal to not call off goals. I've even seem some offsides that sure as hell looked like offsides called on.

I legitimately would not be surprised if they had A Meeting and decided to not call back (as many) goals, especially offsides ones, because of the optics of taking away a potential GWG or series winning goal. There's been a ton of comments about "god help the NHL if an offsides review decides a series" or whatever.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Here's a video of the latest fuckery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGibUFPn6Oo

You can see kessler reach out and hook Talbot's pads and Talbot tugging to get away from him.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
"I'm just happy we got to the second round."

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Captain Internet posted:

That was before I realized what reffing bullshit was awaiting us. I'd much rather have lost to the Sharks than have to endure this bullshit right now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Captain Internet posted:

Is it okay to be happy we made it to the second round, and still be angry that we could get eliminated by bad officiating?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
e: not the gdt

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 6, 2017

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Kilza posted:

That was before I realized what reffing bullshit was awaiting us. I'd much rather have lost to the Sharks than have to endure this bullshit right now.

You're being pathetic

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Do a new Kilza.txt, they won 4 straight after that.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Powershift posted:

Do a new Kilza.txt, they won 4 straight after that.

gently caress the refs.

:fork:

The Oilers are done.

gently caress you Ducks, you didn't deserve to win this series.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

I would be livid if I were an Oilers fan right now.

Sorry guys :(

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah, I'd be pissed, too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Look Around You posted:

I would be livid if I were an Oilers fan right now.

Sorry guys :(

The sportsnet panel right now is talking like it's a funeral. Not just a bad night for Oilers fans, a bad night for hockey.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

gently caress this series. gently caress the refs. gently caress the NHL. gently caress Bettman. gently caress Corey Perry. gently caress the Anaheim Ducks.

The Oilers should have won this series 4-1. But instead, because Bettman loving hates the Oilers, it's now a 3-2 series for the Ducks that they don't deserve. They had 3 goals that shouldn't have happened in Game 4, and tonight the game tying goal should not have happened. There's no way this bullshit isn't rigged. Ducks get multiple obvious calls missed by the refs, they get goals allowed that shouldn't be allowed and now they're going to win the series on Sunday because the refs are in their pocket and giving them this series.

This series is over. Oilers aren't coming back. They can't beat the refs. They can't beat Bettman.

I hope the Ducks get swept by the Preds next round. Those fuckers and their fans don't deserve happiness.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Thanks Kilza :unsmith:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Kilza posted:

gently caress this series. gently caress the refs. gently caress the NHL. gently caress Bettman. gently caress Corey Perry. gently caress the Anaheim Ducks.

The Oilers should have won this series 4-1. But instead, because Bettman loving hates the Oilers, it's now a 3-2 series for the Ducks that they don't deserve. They had 3 goals that shouldn't have happened in Game 4, and tonight the game tying goal should not have happened. There's no way this bullshit isn't rigged. Ducks get multiple obvious calls missed by the refs, they get goals allowed that shouldn't be allowed and now they're going to win the series on Sunday because the refs are in their pocket and giving them this series.

This series is over. Oilers aren't coming back. They can't beat the refs. They can't beat Bettman.

I hope the Ducks get swept by the Preds next round. Those fuckers and their fans don't deserve happiness.

don't do this

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Kilza posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816569&pagenumber=38&perpage=40#post471506734

lol

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
It feels weird to have SportsCenter agree my team got boned. I don't like it

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

The ol' Kilza Fork.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
If you're going to go into conspiracy theory meltdown rant posting, at least try to post something new.

Here, I'll demonstrate:

The refs are in Big Oil's pocket. Screwing over the Oilers is a false flag attack designed to elicit support for the Northern Gateway pipeline project and expansion of the Oil Sands.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/BicdPpL.gif

Better gif

Powershift fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 6, 2017

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I think it will be tough to come back from two garbage calls

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!