Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
>Go to the command center and look through the cctv cameras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
>get a running start and tackle the first person you see

I am a one trick pony, but boy howdy what a trick it is

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
You're gonna break something! Again!

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

> Your space phone rings. Who could it be?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blind Sally posted:

You're gonna break something! Again!

:thumbsup:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
>Detonate your black box.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

You decide to go left, crouch jumping and swinging your broken CD at nothing like an idiot the whole way.

As you prepare to take the elevator to the hangar, though, you notice that YoRHa unit 2B is blocking your path! Well, she's not really blocking your path, realistically you wouldn't even have to walk by her to get to the elevator. But she's here, and her sassy pose denotes that she's not just hanging out here because she's bored of her constant war with machine lifeforms!

You vaguely consider tackling her but decide that probably is a bad idea as she weighs like 400 pounds and you would just break your jaw on her metal body. And The Dash can't break his jaw, it's very important to him!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 5, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
> mods, plz rename this thread "DasH: Automata"

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

>Go to the command center and try to pick up 6S on the rebound.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Blind Sally posted:

The mod changes the title.

What now?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
> Save game

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
>Run before 2B self-destructs like an idiot.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
>invite her to join your party, we need an item mule and healer while Dash gets all the offensive weapons and abilities

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
>demand she give you her pod's OS chip

It's a sign of respect to her people.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
> Invade the actual NieR: Automata thread. Give Id something to really bitch about :getin:

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

> Hook up Twobo and Leebo, if that darn robot won't wake up then you got to fly to him!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
> Hang out with 2Bea.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

So this thread got me thinking about the pivotal moment in the life of Dash Rendar.
What if his parents sold their business to Xizor, averting the catastrophe to befall the family?
What if Dash stayed in Imperial Navy? What if he became to be known as.. Fash Rendar?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

>ask if this LP has an auto-save

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
>Self destruct

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
>go lock out all the operators from their computers

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Hazamuth posted:

So this thread got me thinking about the pivotal moment in the life of Dash Rendar.
What if his parents sold their business to Xizor, averting the catastrophe to befall the family?
What if Dash stayed in Imperial Navy? What if he became to be known as.. Fash Rendar?

haha, those should pads aren't regulation!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>invite her to join your party, we need an item mule and healer while Dash gets all the offensive weapons and abilities

2B isn't really interested in joining your party, she's already paired up with another YoRHa unit. However, she does agree to pal around with you until you head off to wherever you're going. Mostly because you're going in the same direction anyway, kinda like two people standing on a moving walkway at an airport. Y'know, how sometimes that happens where you'd both rather go faster but neither of you want to actually walk so you just awkwardly stand there existing around each other until the walkway ends? Yeah, sorta like that.

2B joins your party! Sort of! You cannot control 2B because she is not the protagonist of this MS Paint Adventure™ but you can try to direct her around if you want. Who knows if she will listen.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 6, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

>Ask if 2B would like to kill god

Good JRPG smalltalk.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
>Ask 2B what the 'B' stands for.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
>Ask 2B to praise Altman

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

> Your space phone rings again

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

>Put those smooth Rendar brand moves on her.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

>Go left to the hangar, we have to advance the plot

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
> tell 2B about that one time you totally harpoon and tow-cable'd three AT-ATs

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

> give Max Payne 3 disc to 2B

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

biosterous posted:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

biosterous posted:

> combine minesweeper shard, Max Payne 3 disc

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
>ask 2B if she'll do the fusion dance with you

White Coke
May 29, 2015
>Become Max Payne.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

biosterous posted:

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.
>ask how to double jump

White Coke
May 29, 2015
>Dive through the air in slow motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ramos posted:

>Put those smooth Rendar brand moves on her.

You consider that you, Dash Rendar, are 35 years old and still a virgin (Leebo doesn't count). Perhaps it would be best for you to at least try to woo someone of the opposite sex sometime this century, given that you'd rather not die completely alone. Only somewhat alone!

You then realize that you have absolutely no idea how to talk to women and instead just improvise. With gusto, you start weaving tales of your space-faring adventures, and how you totally saved the galaxy from evil sith lords that one time, honest, for real. It definitely had a far-reaching impact on the Star Wars canon I mean your life's canon. You can ask anyone and they'll tell you all about how Dash Rendar is a hero, baby! Anyone who knows about the Star Wars extended universe, you mean.

Blind Sally posted:

> tell 2B about that one time you totally harpoon and tow-cable'd three AT-ATs

In fact you elaborate highly on one such space-faring tale! 2B remains thoroughly unimpressed as you tell her about your pet AT-AT's, who you found wandering the streets of New York and took under your wing. You and your stereotypical schlubby best friend moved into a studio apartment to raise the three AT-AT's after you lassoed them in by tow cabling them till they fell over (wacky chase hijinx ensued in the meantime). Then some real funny situational comedy happened as you and your best pal trained up your AT-AT's to win a national talent show for money and acclaim, spurned on by your rivalry with a pompous dog owner who's way too serious, portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal.

Or something like that.

biosterous posted:

"Here, I bought a bunch of these for like 1 dollar apiece at Wal Mart." You say, handing 2B one of your stockpile. Suddenly, your vision goes dim, and a very spookily narrated cutscene starts.

A very long time ago, there was an electric shaver...

...It cried out for its mother, but heard no answer...

...In another time, the clean-shaven man dove through the air in slow motion, firing two semi-automatic pistols...

...The electric shaver cried and cried, alone in the cabinet...

...Then, it was opened, and the bearded man became the bald one...

...And the shaver cried no more....

"What the hell was that?" You ask.

2B shrugs. Apparently that just happens sometimes. She doesn't question it.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

>Go left to the hangar, we have to advance the plot

Finally, someone thinking with their head instead of Dash Rendar's penis!

You enter the hangar. Famous ships from video games and general media line the walls, each of them ready for takeoff at any moment. You spot the Space Invaders ship, as well as the Crozier (what a piece of poo poo). Dash Rendar's Outrider sits on the far end of the hangar, only halfway on-screen so that I wouldn't have to draw all of it yet because that thing looks really stupid and hard to draw. However, it seems there's a shady looking character loitering in front of your ship! Their posture indicates that they are not happy to see you.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 6, 2017