Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I ended at 95 hours. I let all the voiced dialogue play out, spent a bit of time fusing, and ground a little in Mementos, I don't know if that would add up to 20 extra hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, the Swanston St EB Games in Melbourne has a small number of FFXV Limited Edition PS4 Pro's instock for $500 if you're looking to upgrade or just buy a PS4.

Also PSVR headsets for $550.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Congrats to Arkane for apparently not fixing the Ps4 controls like they claimed they would.

Game is getting good reviews so far, clearly reviewed on other platforms...

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

P5 took me 90 hours to play through. Half of that was going to bed. Didn't do any completionist things. It's a long rear end game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I always finish games way faster than what's reported. I did Persona 4 Golden at like 65-70. I'm at 35 hours in P5 and at the fifth palace. What month does the game actually end? I've seen someone reference a Valentine's Day event.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Soul Glo posted:

I always finish games way faster than what's reported. I did Persona 4 Golden at like 65-70. I'm at 35 hours in P5 and at the fifth palace. What month does the game actually end? I've seen someone reference a Valentine's Day event.

The main plot ends at the end of December, but there are some epilogue scenes with your friends in the leadup to going home at the end of your year there rather than a three month timeskip.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Feenix posted:

Congrats to Arkane for apparently not fixing the Ps4 controls like they claimed they would.

Game is getting good reviews so far, clearly reviewed on other platforms...

I'm playing on PS4 and it's fine :shrug:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

psychoJ posted:

I'm playing on PS4 and it's fine :shrug:

Or you don't notice it, seeing as how there's a fair bit of feedback (including videos) of how jacked up it is...

But if you don't... count yourself lucky and enjoy. :)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
NO, if I don't notice it it's not real.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Feenix posted:

Or you don't notice it, seeing as how there's a fair bit of feedback (including videos) of how jacked up it is...

But if you don't... count yourself lucky and enjoy. :)

ok :downs:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

NO, if I don't notice it it's not real.

I mean if the issue is bad controls, than yeah that's actually true.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If you have the option get Prey on PC. It's loving awful on PS4 compared to kbm.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

JBP posted:

If you have the option get Prey on PC. It's loving awful on PS4 compared to kbm.

How's the hacking? I was really bad at it with a pad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

From what it sounds like it sounds like a game that shouldn't even have had a console release, like its design precludes it working for a gamepad even?

I'm either going to play it on PS4 or not at all so I think I will give it a shot at least, if it blows I guess I will jump back into FF15 or something

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how does its design preclude it working on a gamepad? haven't heard anyone say that before

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rinkles posted:

How's the hacking? I was really bad at it with a pad.

It's the weak point on PC because it's a weird ball game and using the cursor isn't amazing. I'd rather have the hacking be a little less intuitive and the rest of the game play well though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

how does its design preclude it working on a gamepad? haven't heard anyone say that before
If it's Bioshock in space that means it's System Shock so was it designed for the mouse cursor to move independently of the viewing area?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

From what it sounds like it sounds like a game that shouldn't even have had a console release, like its design precludes it working for a gamepad even?

I'm either going to play it on PS4 or not at all so I think I will give it a shot at least, if it blows I guess I will jump back into FF15 or something

There's some parts where you move a mouse cursor around with the analogue stick but other than that, I haven't run into anything that made me go "this should've been PC-only." It's pretty much fine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

psychoJ posted:

It's pretty much fine.

The mark of quality.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The hold vs tap button inventory system in the prey demo was really annoying does pc just use 2 different keys?

Also does strafing ever upgrade to not suck? Im watching a guy get owned by enemy projectiles cause the strafe is slow garbage

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
PS4 control issues boil down to:

hosed up over acceleration.

Weird dead zone poo poo.

Character moving slowly in a direction when no one is even touching a controller.

... and all of that compounding over a need to be precise to inspect/pick up shall objects or track squirrelly, darting little fart vapor aliens.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

JBP posted:

The mark of quality.

When it runs and controls as well as most other 30-fps first person shooters on the ps4, then yeah

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I know I was joking around. I hate basically all fps on console for this reason.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

psychoJ posted:

When it runs and controls as well as most other 30-fps first person shooters on the ps4, then yeah
You're in denial. I am really sorry.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
I don't think you're sorry at all!

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Akuma posted:

You're in denial. I am really sorry.

Noooooot really? I legit mean what I'm saying? I mean whatever, I don't really care, but ehhh?

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013
Making an fps game with noticeable input lag should be illegal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Still lolling at the comment someone here made about how it's like trying to control a boat in Prey.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

JBP posted:

I know I was joking around. I hate basically all fps on console for this reason.

What I prefer is that these types of arguments die because they are old and boring and after 20 years of playing FPS's on all platforms I just like playing them and don't care about platform.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying this in regards to Prey because I haven't played it at all, but in general if at this point you can't play any FPSs on a console despite it not really being all that much of a hindrance to most people for the last 20 years, the problem might more be with you than consoles.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bloodychill posted:

What I prefer is that these types of arguments die because they are old and boring and after 20 years of playing FPS's on all platforms I just like playing them and don't care about platform.

Prey is particularly bad. We were talking about Prey and I responded to a post regarding Prey and a more general statement.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In all honesty how I handle FPSes on consoles is a portent of my biggest fear that eventually I will no longer be able to manage the most prevalent gameplay controls. I've played more than a few shooters on console and every time I feel weak and slow and trembly.

I was playing Bayonetta on the PC and even though I used the gamepad for the main game obviously, I would have to use the mouse for the shooting gallery game because otherwise I would score literally zero points

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If people really think playing games on a 100 year old typewriter design and a mouse is better than using a nice controller designed for games that's fine, just stay the gently caress off MP console games with cheating XIM bullshit and we are good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

veni veni veni posted:

If people really think playing games on a 100 year old typewriter design and a mouse is better than using a nice controller designed for games that's fine, just stay the gently caress off MP console games with cheating XIM bullshit and we are good.

People wouldn't cheat to get KB+M on console FPS games if it wasn't straight up better than using a controller.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You know what combined the accuracy of a mouse with the ease of use of a controller? The wiimote + nunchuck :smug:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

You have to use your hands!? That's like a baby's toy!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You'd think people would stop arguing about kbm vs. controller after like 15 years.

Play games using whatever you like.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:50 on May 6, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
A mouse is definitely better for aiming, it's just that a controller is also an extremely viable option that has worked well at least since Turok and, as I said, if you can't play an FPS with a controller I think that's more your problem than proof of anything.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

To be honest I'll never understand dual stick controls for FPS games. Other people can do just fine with them, but I'm too old for that poo poo and played too much Quake in my youth to consider the alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Andrast posted:

You'd think people would stop arguing about kbm vs. controller after like 15 years.

Play games using whatever you like.

The conversation was about how poorly implemented it is in Prey. Controller on Halo games and Destiny has always been fine for me.