Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This game reminds me a lot of the semi final against Sydney last year - Sydney were up five goals to zero after 10 minutes and Adelaide had barely touched the ball, and when they did they got absolutely smashed by Sydney's big midfield bodies. After the first quarter the game opened up and they start to break even, but the damage was already done.

The Crows mids might be fitter and faster and faster than most, but they're physically small, and can get beaten up early by big bodies around stoppages, which Ziebell and Cunnington did today.

Also, I've seen more ridiculous coin-flip ruck infringement free kicks in this game than perhaps any other. Just put the whistle away you morons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I see Carlton have opted out of wearing a clash jumper, as a select group of clubs are permitted to do.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

racing identity posted:

I see Carlton have opted out of wearing a clash jumper, as a select group of clubs are permitted to do.

Nah we've got one but Collingwood wanted to wear a commemorative losing main white guernsey

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

racing identity posted:

This game reminds me a lot of the semi final against Sydney last year - Sydney were up five goals to zero after 10 minutes and Adelaide had barely touched the ball, and when they did they got absolutely smashed by Sydney's big midfield bodies. After the first quarter the game opened up and they start to break even, but the damage was already done.

The Crows mids might be fitter and faster and faster than most, but they're physically small, and can get beaten up early by big bodies around stoppages, which Ziebell and Cunnington did today.

Also, I've seen more ridiculous coin-flip ruck infringement free kicks in this game than perhaps any other. Just put the whistle away you morons.

The simple answer is no Sloane, no Adelaide. We have nice outside mids, but they can't impose themselves on the game when the inside is losing - and when Sloane is being taken out of it, all that's left is a low damage, bog average inside ball winner, and his front running brother who wouldn't know hard work if it added an extra year and 0 to his contract.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It has been very nice of Collingwood to give Blues fans a thrill by not only being bad for the entire match but saving the particularly inept moments for when the game is done and dusted so they can gleefully enjoy it to its fullest.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A Good Game

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Well, tipping is off to a bloody marvellous start as usual this round

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Was at the Crows v North game, it was loving bizarre, there was no wind.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thepokey posted:

Well, tipping is off to a bloody marvellous start as usual this round

From a potential 99 points across the opening 3 games our comp has scored a total of 3.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Has it been all upsets so far?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving zero correct tips so far this round :mad:

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Solemn Sloth posted:

From a potential 99 points across the opening 3 games our comp has scored a total of 3.

What fools wouldn't tip Carlton over Collingwood in an anniversary game?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Solemn Sloth posted:

If you're talking about the goon comp, then I am proud to have contributed one of the three.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Can anyone that's been watching Port v Eagles tell me why Robbie Gray has been so bad?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Periphery posted:

Can anyone that's been watching Port v Eagles tell me why Robbie Gray has been so bad?

He's been playing forward for big parts of the game but he's just been terrible, not really a reason for it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's actually been a bit of an odd game, port have dominated for stretches but haven't been able to make it count on the scoreboard. Everybody has been waiting for Port to finally take the lead except the Eagles keep jagging goals out the back and now all of a sudden they are 5 goals up

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

His groins are hosed, which is why he plays permanent forward, and if you have a taller defender with good closing speed he's really easy to shut out of a game.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Looking at 0/4 if Port doesn't get their poo poo in gear.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Eagles have shown up Port as complete jokes. Not just that they have no ideas, there's no desire to even try, it sounds like only 5 guys in the team are making any kind of serious effort.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

ewe2 posted:

Eagles have shown up Port as complete jokes. Not just that they have no ideas, there's no desire to even try, it sounds like only 5 guys in the team are making any kind of serious effort.

Port are leading every stat but can't kick for goal accurately. Dixon and Ryder are red hot in their contested marking though so Port could still run over the top in the last if the Eagles don't figure out how to attack

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
"incorrect disposal" has been scrapped

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

lol Port fans are going to see out the final minutes of the game booing the umpires

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

racing identity posted:

"incorrect disposal" has been scrapped

It is so aggravating

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
I never liked tipping, anyway

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Deadly Hume posted:

Looking at 0/4 if Port doesn't get their poo poo in gear.

Same, I'm the kiss of death this week

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Port just look terrible trying to get it out of their back half

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Lin Jong rucking for the Dogs :wtc:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jack Redpath kicked five in his return from his third ACL. Massive effort for a bloke his size to come back from a third knee reconstruction

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
That Butler pickup and snap!!!

:vince:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What the gently caress is Geelong even doing.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
We're on track for 6/6 upsets

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Martin worked really hard to give off that hospital handpass

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I can't wait until the biggest upset of the round is revealed to be Brisbanes 180 point win in Launceston.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

We're in the worst timeline

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Schlesische posted:

I can't wait until the biggest upset of the round is revealed to be Brisbanes 180 point win in Launceston.
Fortunately that isn't until next round.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Volkerball posted:

Lol at Geelong

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jaegers knee is fine guys, nothing to see here

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm not going to get a tip right this week, aren't I?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
This deliberate rule is so loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

pkid posted:

This deliberate rule is so loving stupid.

mldm

• Locked thread