Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

KingEup posted:

Framerate is hosed with 3 player local in MK8. Anyone else suffering. No issues in single player or two player.

Yeah at 3 and 4 player splitscreen the framerate drops to 30, it's Working As Intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Drunk Tomato posted:

Put my friend code on my tombstone

We'll all play rainbow road up in heaven

We're already there friends

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

KingEup posted:

Framerate is hosed with 3 player local in MK8. Anyone else suffering. No issues in single player or two player.

The game refreshes the top two screens and bottom two (one in 3p mode) screens in alternating fashion and the framerate is dropped to 30 fps.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bloodplay it again posted:

The game refreshes the top two screens and bottom two (one in 3p mode) screens in alternating fashion and the framerate is dropped to 30 fps.

I'm amazed it could even do that. I don't know how any of us ever enjoyed MK64 multiplayer. It dropped to single digits on that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm amazed it could even do that. I don't know how any of us ever enjoyed MK64 multiplayer. It dropped to single digits on that.

We didn't know better. Good luck getting anybody to play splitscreen 4-player goldeneye in this day and age.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A while ago my brother in law was very excited to get his old N64 out and and made me play splitscreen Goldeneye with him and I was just like 'wtf is this poo poo'. Now I know what it's like for kids to play old games.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just went through a breath of the wild dungeon :neckbeard:

That was cool thank you Nintendo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Football, wine and Kart. I love the future we live in.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I managed to play several rounds of online MK8 while working away on the stepper machine and actually win some of them. Best workout ever.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Sakurazuka posted:

A while ago my brother in law was very excited to get his old N64 out and and made me play splitscreen Goldeneye with him and I was just like 'wtf is this poo poo'. Now I know what it's like for kids to play old games.

mods!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Get in.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I have totally unexpected family upset tonight so idk maybe tomorrow

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Can't wait to try out all the Skyrim mods on my Switch

all of them

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

i am so there in the alternate reality where my paycheck didn't get hosed up this month and i bought mario kart 8D for the nintendo switch. then again, in this alternate reality, i'm playing super mario 64 on the switch virtual console tonight, so eh.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Vikar Jerome posted:

i am so there in the alternate reality where my paycheck didn't get hosed up this month and i bought mario kart 8D for the nintendo switch. then again, in this alternate reality, i'm playing super mario 64 on the switch virtual console tonight, so eh.

That's a pretty lame AR fantasy

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's a pretty lame AR fantasy

infinite switch related possibilities.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Just beat Kamiko, going to do a second run for secrets then a third for playing all three characters. I got aero desire to get a gold clear tho, gently caress 30 minutes?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

So I got a Pro Controller because I wanted a second controller for MK8 (2 Joycons is too annoying for long sessions) and well...I'm not feeling it. Like, it's a decent enough controller but goons made it sound like the second coming. I expected something amazing like the GCN controller, instead I got an ok ps4-like controller with a lovely D-pad. I don't regret my purchase (it's ~30€ cheaper than buying two joycons and a power grip) but I honestly don't get what's supposed to be so great about it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

So I got a Pro Controller because I wanted a second controller for MK8 (2 Joycons is too annoying for long sessions) and well...I'm not feeling it. Like, it's a decent enough controller but goons made it sound like the second coming. I expected something amazing like the GCN controller, instead I got an ok ps4-like controller with a lovely D-pad. I don't regret my purchase (it's ~30€ cheaper than buying two joycons and a power grip) but I honestly don't get what's supposed to be so great about it.

Found your problem. You have broken hands and bad taste in controllers.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Katana Gomai posted:

I've read such differing opinions on the pro controller that I can't tell if it's a manufacturing quality control issue or the typical internet hyperbole. Your it's ok, but seems overrated description leads me to think hyperbole is the issue, but it's possible that there's something off about your controller.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

My only actual issue is the dpad; it's not precise enough and triggers up/down a lot when you try to do left/right motions too quickly, which means it's garbage for Tetris. Apart from that, the controller is completely acceptable with a nice heft to it and a great battery. Just not as amazing as people claimed imho.

Also lol at someone trying to poo poo on the GCN controller in a Nintendo thread, just lol

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Katana Gomai posted:

I didn't get my hopes up based on the previous goon consensus of the Wii U Pro controller. It's good, but it's just a controller. Gets really good battery life and doesn't become uncomfortable. Good enough.

I guess I've come to terms with the lovely D-pad. I was able to eliminate like 95% of accidental up inputs by using minimal pressure on the directionals. Then I get riled up in a Puyo Puyo Tetris battle, forget to be light on it, and gently caress the whole round up with a single hard drop.

ghostwritingduck posted:

I've read such differing opinions on the pro controller that I can't tell if it's a manufacturing quality control issue or the typical internet hyperbole. Your it's ok, but seems overrated description leads me to think hyperbole is the issue, but it's possible that there's something off about your controller.

It's a straight up design flaw. The D-pad will flip out if you push a direction "too hard" or not dead center of the direction. I feel like it should be acceptable to push left or right as unreasonably hard as I want (not that I do that) and not have to worry about the entire D-pad rocking up or down instead, triggering that input instead of left or right.

A TL;DR example -- if you push closer to the upper corner far edge of the "right" direction, nowhere near "up", you've got a really good chance of getting an up input.

enojy fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 6, 2017

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Playing Mario Kart on the big screen with the pro controller, then leaving home and playing it on the handheld, it's hard to believe this poo poo is one console.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

enojy posted:

I didn't get my hopes up based on the previous goon consensus of the Wii U Pro controller. It's good, but it's just a controller. Gets really good battery life and doesn't become uncomfortable. Good enough.

I guess I've come to terms with the lovely D-pad. I was able to eliminate like 95% of accidental up inputs by using minimal pressure on the directionals. Then I get riled up in a Puyo Puyo Tetris battle, forget to be light on it, and gently caress the whole round up with a single hard drop.

It's a straight up design flaw. The D-pad will flip out if you push a direction "too hard" or not dead center of the direction. I feel like it should be acceptable to push left or right as unreasonably hard as I want (not that I do that) and not have to worry about the entire D-pad rocking up or down instead, triggering that input instead of left or right.

A TL;DR example -- if you push closer to the upper corner far edge of the "right" direction, nowhere near "up", you've got a really good chance of getting an up input.

Agreed. Luckily I find the Joycons (with grip) pretty comfortable so I use those when I play Tetris or other games where I prefer the dpad. Having 4 individual buttons instead of a single (good) dpad annoys me far less than I thought it would, I almost prefer it now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

GCN controllers are the best. people who think otherwise are insane.

keep seeing people making GBS threads on nintendo controllers across the web and propping up loving LOL xbox controllers and it baffles me. even the n64 controller, i mean, i get your complaints but for the time and the games it was great, unless you are holding it like a moron.

anyway, good info on the pro controller, i dont mind waiting until that price drops to pick one up if thats the case. the joycon stick works surprising well in 2d games anyway.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Get used to using the left face buttons as a dpad, it felt awkward to me at first but I use it exclusively now in Shovel Knight , Wonder Boy and Puyo Tetris and it owns

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
You ever say you get three stars in 200cc Bell Cup, I'm sorry but you're full of poo poo you loving rear end in a top hat

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In what universe is the Pro d-pad terrible? It feels like every other good d-pad Nintendo has ever made. I've never had input issues, especially in PPT where it really matters.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pro controller battery life is insane

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how hard are you pushing the d-pad to give it issues? you are not trying to squish out an eyeball

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

It's OK to criticize things Nintendo does sometimes

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Takoluka posted:

In what universe is the Pro d-pad terrible? It feels like every other good d-pad Nintendo has ever made. I've never had input issues, especially in PPT where it really matters.

In a universe where a GameCube controller is even remotely good. Which is nowhere.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

still no waluigi title game waaaah

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

still no waluigi title game waaaah

Finally, a valid criticism

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Any Waluigi game that would come out I'd hope would be surreal and possibly involve paintings cause of his Dali stache

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would legit like to see Nintendo's take on something like Waluigi's Mansion

Waluigi's WAAAAAAHnsion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9tOtYp2Mk

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Has Waluigi appeared in any game besides the various "let's play a board game/play tennis/race karts/go to the Olympics" ones? Like, does he crop up in one of the Mario RPGs or something?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Has Waluigi appeared in any game besides the various "let's play a board game/play tennis/race karts/go to the Olympics" ones? Like, does he crop up in one of the Mario RPGs or something?

Waluigi crops up...

in my heart.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Katana Gomai posted:

actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo