Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I was so proud of myself to have 1/1 last night.

I think I'm now 1/6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I would like Richmond to lose

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Eat poo poo you dumbass Rance

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

A+ face plant by Hunter

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Dogs are cursed by injury.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Does this still count as an upset?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Cotchin is surely the worst captain in the league (that's at least had long enough to prove himself)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dunkley dislocated shoulder, Stringer knee injury (hopefully a PCL/MCL)

The Footy gods have decided to be pricks with us. We were just starting to get personnel back and then we are gonna lose our most dynamic forward.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Footy is good and also not?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lol at that not being called for incorrect disposal

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

:laffo: the perfect end

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
the worst deliberate ever might have decided this game

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
As per usual that was a horrible deliberate decision.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

pkid posted:

This deliberate rule is so loving stupid.

pkid posted:

pkid posted:

pkid posted:

pkid posted:

pkid posted:

pkid posted:

pkid posted:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Well Norf didn't Norf but Richmond did Richmond, finally a bit of normality from this round

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

welp im 1/6, jfc.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah that was a throw anyway.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
What hapt? I was doing other poo poo?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

monolithburger posted:

Yeah that was a throw anyway.

Hope you saw the replay they just showed where it was clearly a fumble and will retract this horrific shitpost.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Called it as a throw live.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

pkid posted:

Hope you saw the replay they just showed where it was clearly a fumble and will retract this horrific shitpost.

Umpires don't see the game in slow-mo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving useless football team. I hate it when Geelong just loses their poo poo against teams they should comfortably beat.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

monolithburger posted:

Umpires don't see the game in slow-mo

Nah but they're about 5 meters from the action.

It honestly feels like the directive from the AFL is to assume every out of bounds is deliberate unless you can prove otherwise.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's kinda difficult to argue that 'accidentally' fumbling the ball over the line in your forward 50 to force a stoppage is deliberate considering that a Bulldogs rebound would have been game over.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

Testekill posted:

It's kinda difficult to argue that 'accidentally' fumbling the ball over the line in your forward 50 to force a stoppage is deliberate considering that a Bulldogs rebound would have been game over.

Except it was a genuine fumble because he had 2 blokes attacking him at the time.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Lol

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Not saying people here are doing it, but man going by Facebook at least I don't get when people think something like that deliberate call "cost" Richmond the game. There's no way of knowing that was going to end up as a certain goal, nor did the deliberate cause Richmond to give up a 32 point lead. Bad call, sure, but the mentality that these things 100% cost the team the game is always bewildering.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

pkid posted:

Except it was a genuine fumble because he had 2 blokes attacking him at the time.

Yes but my point is that for every genuine fumble over the line, there's at least 3 or 4 players that apparently coated their hands/the ball with butter and just happen to fumble it over the line to benefit from a stoppage. In that situation and especially in this situation where a throw in was the vastly preferred outcome then the umpire called deliberate because the throw in was something that the Richmond player had absolutely no problem with getting.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
OK just seen a clip of that. Yeah that was a bit harsh.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
this has been the worst tipping round in the history of tipping rounds, maybe ever

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

thepokey posted:

Not saying people here are doing it, but man going by Facebook at least I don't get when people think something like that deliberate call "cost" Richmond the game. There's no way of knowing that was going to end up as a certain goal, nor did the deliberate cause Richmond to give up a 32 point lead. Bad call, sure, but the mentality that these things 100% cost the team the game is always bewildering.

And they conveniently forget Richmond had just got a goal off an incorrect disposal that wasn't called. If anything, umpire shittiness was evenly distributed in the dying minutes.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gonna suck for the Bulldogs next week. Wallis might be ready to come back since basically if your leg holds up in a VFL game then it should be fine in the AFL but Dickson, Crameri & Redpath will all need a couple of weeks in the VFL. At least it sounds like just a knee tweak for Stringer so he should be okay but our choices for capable forward replacements are going to be somewhat limited for the next 2-4 weeks.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I wonder who Adelaide are going to vent on next week.

Oh...

Oh no...

:negative:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

There was one deliberate where the ball was effectively soccered off the ground from the centre circle and it just seemed to be a petty call. The umpiring stupidity seems really bad and obvious this season.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Maybe the umpires are doing an organised work-to-rule to get the laws of the game committee fired

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Anxiously looking forward to a statement from the AFL stating that the rule changes are a fabulous and unmitigated success

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I wonder if there will ever be a year where the AFL doesn't change the rules.. Just one season.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Tipping sucks and is for jerks.

1/6.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
So I haven't been able to watch a match yet this weekend due to groovin the moo, but apparently I've missed the craziest round ever so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Think my dad is 0/6 with his tipping.

• Locked thread