Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure if you are all still too wrapped up in your dudebro australian vacation, but since FM7 is drawing closer im trying to get sharp again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ8I8q9n5EQ

Thread i challenge you to an endurance race at road atlanta, at a date to be determined later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There's not really any reason to get FM5. FM6 has everything FM5 has plus a poo poo ton more tracks barriers and less sticky grass.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
That's all well and good, but if FM7 doesn't have Maple Valley I'll boycott. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken posted:

That's all well and good, but if FM7 doesn't have Maple Valley I'll boycott. :v:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Falken posted:

I chilled put about this once I realized the first Horizon is basically Maple Valley: The Game

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Falken posted:

Liar

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One time I tweeted to Dan Greenawalt that I wanted Maple Valley to come back and he retweeted it. :)

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
One track i really miss that doesnt get much love is Camino Viejo. I did all my testing on the regular track (i like how narrow it is and how close the walls are) and also really enjoyed the "Extreme" version that connected with the test track next store for sort of a baby nurburgring - 24H long road course feel. I'd really like that back

so.... about that endurance race?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there a guide to the FH3 score bonuses anywhere? I just got Showoff and have no idea what that means.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

One track i really miss that doesnt get much love is Camino Viejo. I did all my testing on the regular track (i like how narrow it is and how close the walls are) and also really enjoyed the "Extreme" version that connected with the test track next store for sort of a baby nurburgring - 24H long road course feel. I'd really like that back

so.... about that endurance race?

Hell yeah, that was my favorite track in FM4. Always did my testing and photo shoots there.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I miss camino and all the tracks attached to it more than Maple Valley tbh.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Lost tracks in order of magnitude of loss, from greatest to almost as greatest:
Positano Rally
Fujimi Kaido
Mugello
Suzuka
Camino
Maple Valley

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just put in every track that's ever been in a Forza

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Norns posted:

Just put in every track that's ever been in a Forza

except new york and twin ring mother loving shithole motegi

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Twin Ring Motegi but just the oval because it's fun to drive.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Uh New York with the chicanes was loving awesome and any other opinion is bad.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

You son of a bitch

financially racist posted:

and twin ring mother loving shithole motegi

Yea i agree

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I like New York and motegi

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i guess i can accept new york because it was so dumb that it produced hilarious races.

motegi was inexcusably horrible in every single way a track can be, especially compared with the other two japanese tracks we lost. the only thing it has going for it is that at least it isn't the tilke-ified fuji, aka the actual worst race track in the world.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I like New York and motegi

:yeah:

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Nah. All of them in, but let me choose to advance any single player so I don't have to race something I hate.

I say this as someone not deep in to multiplayer and with no idea how course choice works

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

New York felt like it was there because GT4 had a New York track

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

TheScott2K posted:

New York felt like it was there because GT4 had a New York track
Wasn't the FM1 NY track and GT4 NY track *really* similar?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Falken posted:

Yea, and by the time FM3 came out GT4 was still the latest GT.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Falken posted:

i mean, sorta, but they used mostly different roads outside of times square. it'd be impossible to make a track in a city like nyc that felt unique because it's so grid-based, there really aren't many options available.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Any goons live streaming Hot Wheels tomorrow?

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Man I forget we no longer have Mugello

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

metallicaeg posted:

I was watching motogp yesterday and the commentators were talking about Mugello and it gave me a craving to drive around on it again so I actually busted out the old 360 and fired up forza 4 and did some laps of Mugello. What a good track.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

metallicaeg posted:

A loving shame. I love it in AC

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lorini posted:

Any goons live streaming Hot Wheels tomorrow?

they are live streaming it on their twitch, looks like stupid fun

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Sebastien Lenorman posted:

horizon aint my thing

Oh hi dizzle. Btw howdy was right

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 9, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what time does microsoft normally flip the switch to do releases on their store? 10?

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Is there any knowledge of FM7 coming to PC? I love playing FH3 on it even if it is an unoptimized port.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
they seemed happy enough with the single player watered down Apex thing to bring FH3 to the PC.

there's no reason they won't bring a real forza game to pc at this point when people were literally paying 100 dollars to play the game like 5 days before everyone else

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

GutBomb posted:

Oh hi dizzle.

:ms:

""We all change when you think about it. We're all different people. All through our lives and thats okay, thats good. You've gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be"

:regd07:

GutBomb posted:

Oh hi dizzle. Btw howdy was right

That he took the pics? Yea i knew that. He used to do the best writeups (i only started because he stopped).

Sebastien Lenorman fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 9, 2017

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Chin Strap posted:

Is there any knowledge of FM7 coming to PC? I love playing FH3 on it even if it is an unoptimized port.

Microsoft has stated that they intend to offer all first party titles on both Xbox and Windows where possible going forward. They've hinted that input devices would be the main factor, the game must be playable on kb/m for Windows and gamepad for Xbox.

FM7 is pretty much 100% guaranteed to be available on PC.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Anyone that is playing PC without owning a PS4 or 360/Xbone controller is doing it wrong anyway.

Thanks for the assurance.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Chin Strap posted:

Anyone that is playing PC without owning a PS4 or 360/Xbone controller is doing it wrong anyway.

Thanks for the assurance.

I remember those dark days of pre-360 gamepad standardization. You'd be playing Need for Speed Most Wanted on your Thurstmaster Quasi-DualShock and there would be an onscreen prompt telling you to press button 8 for NOS. gently caress if you knew what this game considered button 8 so you'd just press poo poo till NOS happened.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Unsurprisingly, expansion is fun stuff. Seems larger than Blizzard Mountain as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yep, the expansion is cool and fun. The early cars the game throws at you (Rip Rod and Bone Shaker) are terrible because they only have race tires, though.

edit: holy hell, those customization options on the barn find.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 9, 2017

• Locked thread