Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

e: god damnit this is not the GDT

Pretend I just came in to complain some more about how bad the Blue Jays are but how fun the Mariners are to watch right now even if they aren't winning a ton of games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Friend had two extra tickets to the Mets game tonight, but it's been pouring all day and is supposed to rain on and off throughout the night. What time do they usually decide if a game is postponed? I don't want to waste my night going out to Queens only to find out the game is postponed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

canadianclassic posted:

e: god damnit this is not the GDT

Pretend I just came in to complain some more about how bad the Blue Jays are but how fun the Mariners are to watch right now even if they aren't winning a ton of games

The Mariners have a positive run differential!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gonna doublepost, cause James Paxton just went on the DL with a left forearm strain. That's 3 out of the 5 original starting pitchers on this team on the DL now. Also, left forearm strain sounds too ominous...

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Gonna doublepost, cause James Paxton just went on the DL with a left forearm strain. That's 3 out of the 5 original starting pitchers on this team on the DL now. Also, left forearm strain sounds too ominous...

Jesus loving Christ.

Guess I had momentarily focused on him being good instead of remembering that he's made of glass.

edit :
I work at a smallish ad agency in Minneapolis. A coworker was told to do this in a meeting room today.

Apparent meeting / schmooze fest with some reps from the Twins on Monday in hopes of landing a new client.

Bring on the free tickets.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 5, 2017

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Stupid question , but I'm doing a custom paint job for my mom for her birthday. Do you know what font the Cubs use for their jerseys (mainly the pinstripe ones)?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Oh! I remember now. I won a drawing at a home show at Tropicana Field when I was in 4th grade for a pair of 100-level tickets to the Devil Rays playing the Blue Jays and a Canseco jersey. By won a drawing I mean we filled out a paper, they dropped it in the tumbler, and then they pulled it out 30 seconds later because someone forgot to turn it. :v:

I remember nothing about the game other than David Wells (who I thought was the best pitcher ever because he used to be a Yankee) was the starter, the Devil Rays lost, and Jose Canseco hit a moon shot home run while I was in the bathroom.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

seiferguy posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Miz Kriss posted:

Stupid question , but I'm doing a custom paint job for my mom for her birthday. Do you know what font the Cubs use for their jerseys (mainly the pinstripe ones)?

Just off the top of my head, looks like Century Gothic Bold with some additional tweaking done to the height and the kerning.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

god damnit i was just starting to get excited about the mariners. Their offense can overcome a lot but drat that rotation is thin

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tony Phillips posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

Guess I had momentarily focused on him being good instead of remembering that he's made of glass.

edit :
I work at a smallish ad agency in Minneapolis. A coworker was told to do this in a meeting room today.

Apparent meeting / schmooze fest with some reps from the Twins on Monday in hopes of landing a new client.

Bring on the free tickets.

You should keep that up forever, wow.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yankees good

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Miz Kriss posted:

It's now my dream to own a team for comic sans all the time

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

It's now my dream to own a team for comic sans all the time

You could change it up a little and also use Papyrus. The team should be called the Dingbats. :v:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

seiferguy posted:

Just 3 starting pitchers on the DL? Thats it?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Looks like sanity has prevailed. Hopefully Adrian can return healthier and more productive than he's been the past year.

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/860618049874874369

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Good Dog posted:

Texas relief pitchers combined to go 4IP today, giving up 4 hits and 9 walks. The Astros managed to only score 2 runs in those innings, both on sac flies. Thats some impressively bad baseball.

Lone Star Grit

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Good Dog posted:

Just 3 starting pitchers on the DL? Thats it?

I'll see that and raise you a left fielder, a catcher, and both halves of a first base platoon.

e: Wright's been injured for so long I forgot he was even on the team.

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 5, 2017

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Our ace is Ricky Nolasco and our closer is Bud Norris.

The Angels best starting pitcher this year has an ERA+ of 92 and the Angels only have 1 hitter on their team with an OPS+ above 100. How is this team 15-15?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Good Dog posted:

Our ace is Ricky Nolasco and our closer is Bud Norris.

The Angels best starting pitcher this year has an ERA+ of 92 and the Angels only have 1 hitter on their team with an OPS+ above 100. How is this team 15-15?

Mike Trout? That's a solid reason to be over performing

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's kind of a big deal when it's your 3 best pitchers on the DL.

Anyway... apparently Paxton only has a grade 1 strain and will only miss 2 starts in that 10 day period. Dipoto doesn't expect him to miss more than that.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
A lot of guys don't know what to do with themselves when they retire. I'm glad Randy Johnson found a passion outside of the game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Good Dog posted:

our closer is Bud Norris.

Wait, really? :stare:

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Every goon's favorite pitcher will be getting his first MLB start!

http://www.tsn.ca/biagini-to-start-for-jays-on-sunday-1.744019

Don't know what the bullpen's going to do but I'm stoked for Biagini

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

canadianclassic posted:

...who? I thought every goon's favorite pitcher was Pat Venditte.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure it's still Bartolo.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

N: the Yankees got a satisfying win over the Cubs today

V: https://twitter.com/avknowsbest/status/860612619975184384

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Maybe not favourite but most relatable in awkward social encounters

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Rain delays are the worst. New stadiums shouldn't be allowed unless they have roofs.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Phil Cuzzi is a garbage-rear end umpire.

Also:

uhhhhhh..

probably :nws:

twitter.com/orangeNblueblog/status/860700406468530176

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/05/06/1357204783/1494042164504/asset_2500K.mp4

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Miz Kriss posted:

http://www.ffonts.net/MLB-Cubs.font.download

Julio Cruz posted:

I'll see that and raise you a left fielder, a catcher, and both halves of a first base platoon.

e: Wright's been injured for so long I forgot he was even on the team.

I'll raise you 3 starters and an All-Star third baseman.

canadianclassic posted:

Funny they would choose to do this after he got worked in his last relief appearance

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Funny they would choose to do this after he got worked in his last relief appearance

We are not replete with pitchers.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Patrick Spens posted:

We are not replete with pitchers.

Oh I know but I'd almost rather a platoon game than throwing him in front of the bus

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Oh I know but I'd almost rather a platoon game than throwing him in front of the bus

If he's as bad as you expect you'll get both.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

If he's as bad as you expect you'll get both.

He's not bad, he just had a rough outing

We'll see I guess

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: I saw Cody Bellinger hit two dingers tonight. Second one was a godamn lazer

https://streamable.com/tewt0

V: Adrian don't read this

Hay Cody how you doin' ? :swoon:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
God his swing is so bizarre.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

bawfuls posted:

N: I saw Cody Bellinger hit two dingers tonight. Second one was a godamn lazer

https://streamable.com/tewt0

V: Adrian don't read this

Hay Cody how you doin' ? :swoon:

:love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Kalenn Istarion posted:

He's not bad, he just had a rough outing

We'll see I guess

I think they said he's throwing with a pitch limit of 60 so I'll assume he goes ~4 and then maybe Tepera goes ~2 and then cobble together the rest with the rest of their ten man bullpen

• Locked thread