Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

DarkRefreshment posted:

How dare you sir...

You DID actually READ my post? I said "Up until really recently..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AutismVaccine posted:

+1

Money should be pretty low by now, i expect something big to happen in 2017 at least.

Haven't seen him in front of the camera for a while, but he always seemed pretty cheerful to me... :shrug:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Berious posted:

So what are the chances they poo poo out a barebones 3.0 with non of the features that got shitizens excited. Release a couple of patches to fix catasrophic bugs so people can actually connect to the servers. Then say "There's your Star Citizen :byewhore:"

I'd say pretty good.

id say as close to one hundred percent as makes no difference

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Hey goons, let's do some math:

$45,000 / $60 per game = 750

750 games / 52 weeks in a year = 14.4

You could buy a brand new triple-A video game once per week, every week, for the next fourteen years, and still spend less on video games than that dude has spent on Star Citizen.

But yeah this is totally a good investment, guys.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Various Meat Products posted:

You could buy a brand new triple-A video game once per week, every week, for the next fourteen years, and still spend less on video games than that dude has spent on Star Citizen.

I think for people like Clifford, the worst thing would be for an actual game to come out.

The more cash they spend, the more ~dreams~ are sanctioned

Who needs 3.0 when you have the perfect experience in your head?

his nibs fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 6, 2017

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Samizdata posted:

Oh yeah! Gloves off! This thread needs a good Dr Who throwdown

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Sure.

If you want to slum it. Lowering your standards to AAA games? No thank you.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Alternatively (since you're a meatatarian), you could have genuine Kobe ribeye steak once a week for about 6 years.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Actual AAA games aren't as good as Star Citizen.

Star Citizen's final gameplay can be anything you can imagine.
The Star Citizen galaxy is a grand, unexplored and unprogrammed world full of mystery.
And Star Citizen's multiplayer? You'll be the king! You spent the most!

Why would anyone buy completed AAA game filth? It doesn't live in the world of my imagination.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Cheez posted:

How can someone be so proud of their grammatical errors that they "warn" about them ahead of time, after being told that it was wrong previously? Is this even a real person anymore?
That's what it looks like when someone is near breaking point insane and just can't shut up. I don't think he even knows what he's saying at this point.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Lol i looked up the vanduul and its just "this species is warlike warrior nomads who are always hostile and their culture is based around knives."

Are they based on Sebastian Gorka.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Okay seriously, that's just Derek. "As I said in my original post," links to DS blogspam, arguments about the TOS.

I would love to take credit for the chaos and self-own that guy brought straight into their /r/starcitizen/ backyard; but alas I cannot. It's not me.

Cheez posted:

How can someone be so proud of their grammatical errors that they "warn" about them ahead of time, after being told that it was wrong previously? Is this even a real person anymore?

You're forgetting that these are some seriously broken brained people. It all makes sense if you accept that as fact.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Samizdata posted:

1988 is really recently?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
messi_knessi has almost finished his transformation into a corn cob I see.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheLastRoboKy posted:

messi_knessi has almost finished his transformation into a corn cob I see.

He is in absolute knots. I hope OSC comes back and twirls him around some more :grin:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Carry on little commando

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

1988 is really recently?

time is meaningless

2 weeks

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Lol i looked up the vanduul and its just "this species is warlike warrior nomads who are always hostile and their culture is based around knives."

so like klingons

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

1988 is really recently?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a78526/classic-moments-dalek-climbs-stairs/

If 88 is recently, I've got a Internet Space Ship game I'd like to sell you releasing Soon™.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Also I'm glad CIG is doing Homage to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the Xian. CIG must be getting big bucks from the TMNT company to advertise their brand, just like they are flush with Hello Kitty cash. Guardians 2 even got CIG to put in Groots.

Everyone wants in. Even Herbert's family gave CIG a shitload of cash to put in a sandworm. Discovery's wallets must be hurting with all the advertisement they've been purchasing from CIG for Top Gear refs every year.

Eidos must be hurting after advertising ships from the final fantasy series in SC. Strike Vector, hoping to stir up some legacy sales, even paid CIG to slip in a couple logos of theirs in CIGs art.

EVE, in desperation, even had SC put in their star and nebula maps into the game just in the hope of getting more subs.

I'm sure theres 50 more things I'm missing but the reality is CIG can go on forever with all this advertisement money. People just want their copyright brands in SC.

Its amazing.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Also I'm glad CIG is doing Homage to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the Xian. CIG must be getting big bucks from the TMNT company to advertise their brand, just like they are flush with Hello Kitty cash. Guardians 2 even got CIG to put in Groots.

Everyone wants in. Even Herbert's family gave CIG a shitload of cash to put in a sandworm. Discovery's wallets must be hurting with all the advertisement they've been purchasing from CIG for Top Gear refs every year.

Eidos must be hurting after advertising ships from the final fantasy series in SC. Strike Vector, hoping to stir up some legacy sales, even paid CIG to slip in a couple logos of theirs in CIGs art.

EVE, in desperation, even had SC put in their star and nebula maps into the game just in the hope of getting more subs.

I'm sure theres 50 more things I'm missing but the reality is CIG can go on forever with all this advertisement money. People just want their copyright brands in SC.

Its amazing.

They're forward-thinking enough to realize that after Star Citizen, there won't be any other forms of entertainment in existence, so they're trying to get in on the ground floor of the single greatest advance to humanity the species has ever seen or will ever see.

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 6, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Drunk Theory posted:

Guess what the Miku is.

Clifford Miku here for Oxyclean. Have you ever wanted to gently caress your anime bodypillow but hate the annoying stains left behind?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
yes

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Star Citizen is a bunch of people holding on to lottery tickets, dreaming about what they'll buy, while not understanding that the bigger the pot gets the less likely it is they'll win anything.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
theyre making someone's perfect game I hope its mine.

I'm uncreative, barely work, and love tedious poo poo. I haven't played a videogame in 20 years.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Abuminable posted:

I'm sure you can find the door, then.

:ughh:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Hey now, I didn't insult his intelligence... I am convinced he has the mental acumen to navigate the room and leave since he finds the attitudes so distasteful.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Sarsapariller posted:

As usual, the vision from CIG is excellent and unparalleled in gaming history. The comments are really surprising. I honestly can't believe the spite you fellow so-called citizens have.
1 that even after ben's response people aer still not understanding why and how CIG operate.
2 complainers always faill to provide even remotely plausible alternatives to what they're complaining about
3 general lack of understanding that this game is in early alpha and that we are still 3-5+ years from post beta. Stop with the beating of the dead horse that this game is somehow delayed. You're missing the bigger picture
4 continued failure to provide examples and / or sound logic
5 I hope CIG do a good enough job with ignoring "bad" community reactions and they keep doing, what they, as experts, consider to be the best course of action.
6 I still see the self righteous replies that CIG should apologise. I'm never going to be siding with witch hunters.
7 there's constructive feedback and cry baby feedback. I've heard enough cry baby feedback from you guys.
As this community becomes mainstream the ignorant feedback will grow and could ruin this game if CIG decide to comply with some of the bad ideas. I hope CIG continue to put the game first and don't listen to some of the terrible ideas that come out of the feedback from the witch hunt complainers.

Edit:

post is good - other devs make games, but CIG is making history. SC will be great

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
checkmate, goonies.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Abuminable posted:

Hey now, I didn't insult his intelligence... I am convinced he has the mental acumen to navigate the room and leave since he finds the attitudes so distasteful.

:ughh:

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Abuminable posted:

source your quotes

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen is a bunch of people holding on to lottery tickets, dreaming about what they'll buy, while not understanding that the bigger the pot gets the less likely it is they'll win anything.
naw star citizen is a bunch of people holding on to lottery tickets, dreaming about what they'll buy, while not understanding the drawing already happened last week and they haven't won a loving thing

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
3.0 build sneak peak

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Variable 5 posted:

source your quotes

I buy my quotes in bulk. Cheaper that way.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:yikes::munch:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, what's the latest on black people in the 'verse?

Never mind, then.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
What is the point of hiring Mark loving Hamill if you are going to render him to look nothing like Mark loving Hamill? And even if for some reason you wanted to make "The Old Man" look younger, there is plenty of footage of Mark Hamill as a younger man to use as a model so that your character will, I don't know, actually look like Mark Hamill.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL wait what? They got rid of the only loving reason imaginable to mocap an AAA actor instead of use him for VA? Which in the case of Hamill is something he is loving amazing at?

I would be surprised if it wasn't Chris Roberts.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky posted:

What is the point of hiring Mark loving Hamill if you are going to render him to look nothing like Mark loving Hamill? And even if for some reason you wanted to make "The Old Man" look younger, there is plenty of footage of Mark Hamill as a younger man to use as a model so that your character will, I don't know, actually look like Mark Hamill.

They downgraded the fidelity as well. A dark time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They downgraded the fidelity as well. A dark time.

This is like Alien Colonial Marine all over again