Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Jason Shiga's Fleep was originally serialized in Asian Weekly in like somewhere around 2001/2002 before being dropped 2/3rds of the way through for being "too confusing". The full story was published by a small time publisher and is now on Jason Shiga's website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The guy gets amnesia but through sperginess figures out he's a terrorist stuck in the aftermath of his terrorism attack motivated by the government killing his wife and sacrifices himself to save the life of somebody else who was stuck next to him

Please don't bring this garbage into this garbage thread

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 6, 2017

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Slammy posted:

Dick Tracy (August, 2001, click for big)

Yeah, real loving Ironclad there, DICK

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Now we just need to teach Brooke's editor to do the same thing.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I've suddenly lost interest in Judge Parker. We're going to have weeks of him clearing up this mess and his wife yelling at him.
Plus I really don't like how they wet-farted Ballanger's whole thing here.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set wants you to take your time.

Working Daze is stupid.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix knows the truth is out there.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Tiggum posted:

The Johnny Hart "Huh, I Guess It Was Always poo poo" Award.

I like old B.C. The gags are simple and appropriate to the setting, the characters are endearingly stupid as opposed to insufferably so, the art is amusing if not brilliant, and it's still decades away from All Jesus All The Time. It doesn't get particularly good until the '60s-70s, though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Yeah, I got no gripes against early B.C. This current Mary Worth story-line is loving dullsville, though. Unless the boat catches on fire as a result of dude's illicit cigarette-smoking, I really don't see it being salvaged. :sigh:

Calvin and Hobbes

Having picked up two jumble longboxes of comics from the late '80s/early '90s, this is staggeringly accurate, not just for the consumer side, but in terms of how the comics producers seemed to have viewed the market. Also, what's up with Valiant's comeback? Airplane food, driving styles, regional dialects, hey-o.

Ripley's

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is stupid.

Wanking Daze

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2000 Spiderman

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I kinda feel like it's good form to let comics be garbage on their own merits rather than spite spoiling the story cause you don't like it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg

Dustin

Mandrake

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What the gently caress do you think a dishwasher does? :psyduck:

Why is Mandrake suddenly sleeping? What is going on?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think she's meant to be rinsing them so the machine doesn't get clogged with food remnants rather than actually double washing them?

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Mandrake is by far the weirdest comic in this thread.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

So, honey, have you considered the reason that online dating doesn't work for you is that when finding a guy who interests you, your first impulse is to give him a fake name?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I know everyone else has mentioned how poo poo this comic is but my least favorite part of it is that it took me months to notice that pointy thing on his face is not his nose. He has a tiny nose above that, and that is his upper lip. gently caress this stupid ugly boring comic.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin can't do the most basic of math but knows Concord was 220 years ago. Sure, the teacher could have mentioned it but then it would show Calvin was paying attention. :D

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

How long as this storyline been going on? Maybe he wants to branch out into Brooke territory (like how many years did that Grandma-hosed-a-Nazi storyline go on?).

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Mar. 20, 1995)

Garfield Classic (Mar. 19-20, 1985)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
How do Americans pronounce "been"?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bin, I assume.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

How do Americans pronounce "been"?

Mostly 'bin', but sometimes 'bean', depending on accent.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

bean_shadow posted:

How long as this storyline been going on? Maybe he wants to branch out into Brooke territory (like how many years did that Grandma-hosed-a-Nazi storyline go on?).
Since March 20th. That's seven weeks now.

On May 16 2016, a four week arc called The Finch Files was started. The end of it segued straight into another arc wherein Stalker Sarah blackmailed Skip into dating him from June 13th to July 30th, for a total of seven weeks. The week after that recapped the events of the prior seven weeks.

So while this isn't the longest arc Reddick has made yet, Brooke territory sounds entirely appropriate.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids

Understanding Chaos

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Understanding Chaos

...it's May.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At least it's been about tedious nerds not loving.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mr. Squishy posted:

...it's May.

Pretty sure Understanding Chaos is in some form of reruns, there were Thanksgiving strips a week or two ago.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

goatface posted:

At least it's been about tedious nerds not loving.

Hot drat, that sounds like a Luann request to me!

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

With the level of vitriol towards visual art on display in Luann, some day I'd like to know what Greg thinks he does for a living.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

My Lovely Horse posted:

With the level of vitriol towards visual art on display in Luann, some day I'd like to know what Greg thinks he does for a living.

it sure as hell ain't art.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (February 19, 1952)

Nancy (April 7, 1944)

Wash Tubbs (December 5, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (January 3, 1924)

Lil' Abner (September 2, 1937)

Barney Google (January 4, 1923)

Alley Oop (April 5, 1934)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

I remember once upon a time(aka "ten years ago") when this strip seemed funny compared to everything else.

Now I realise it's just because the bar for "everything else" was super-low.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Those halcyon days of our youth.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

bean_shadow posted:

Checking gocomics, I think it went from November 29, 2013 to February 28, 2015. I could be wrong because I tried to avoid actually looking at the strip.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Evans and his daughter are clearly in the "You call that art? It doesn't even look like anything!" camp.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Darthemed posted:

Yeah, I got no gripes against early B.C. This current Mary Worth story-line is loving dullsville, though. Unless the boat catches on fire as a result of dude's illicit cigarette-smoking, I really don't see it being salvaged. :sigh:
Actually, since they are now apparently going for the "homewrecker seductress" storyline I see some possibility for entertainment, albeit probably unintentional.

Rex Morgan MD

Rex is about to backhand June! :eek:

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Nice Bernie Wrightson tribute in Hil's choice of reading.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Star Trek

Way to ruin everything, McCoy! :mad:

Masters of the Universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, I'm gonna need more than the average marriage problems to raise my opinion of the current Mary Worth story. Maybe if all of the entertainer's attempts to seduce him are done through song and dance?
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

• Locked thread