Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked that they switched "Motoko Kusanagi" to being her actual name instead of her pseudonym, because it's basically the Japanese equivalent of "Jessica Excalibur"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

Randarkman posted:

Has Rich Evans lost a lot of weight?

Rich is as fat as ever.

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 6, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
A friend and I went to see GITS. We thought it was fine. I'm not a giant fan of the original or anything though.

Anime sperg mode engage: Oshii's true masterpiece is Beautiful Dreamer.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Haha. Rich thinks if you fall out of a plane and land on a steep water slide, you'll be fine.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Welp

Mr. F! fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 6, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Can someone give me a timestamp for when they stop talking about combos?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

monster on a stick posted:

Can someone give me a timestamp for when they stop talking about combos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tql_jbiQ9yo&t=1485s

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Half an hour to say the game's cutscenes are too long and there's too many combo's and not enough enemy variety.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Half an hour to say the game's cutscenes are too long and there's too many combo's and not enough enemy variety.

Wouldn't it be nice if the game let you practice combos more like in the original console version?

Thank you :)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wall Balls posted:

for non-rlm youtube shows i can recommend Movies with Mikey

he kinda goes all in on the gimmick poo poo but he's actually really good at editing and motion graphics so it works out in the end, and he has some good opinions like fifth element is the third best die hard movie and heath ledgers jokers is the best performance by an actor ever, and some bad ones like the scott pilgrim movie isn't literal aids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFTmCqq-rYc

Mikey is also a writer for Gearbox and is the voice actor for Scooter in Borderlands. Get you one!

Light Gun Man posted:

A friend and I went to see GITS. We thought it was fine. I'm not a giant fan of the original or anything though.

Anime sperg mode engage: Oshii's true masterpiece is Beautiful Dreamer.

Actually it's his Kerberos stories, mainly because he didn't actually direct Jin-Roh but just wrote it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like these Movies with Mikey videos. Good call thread.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

King Vidiot posted:

They replaced Jonton with Danny, maybe next they can replace Arin with anybody else. And then call themselves the Game Goofs, where they're always happy and positive all the time.

e: wait what, GITS is out already? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah Arin is loving awful. I only watch occasionally for Danny. Same with why I enjoy Ninja Sex Party and any of their Star Bomb songs that is Danny instead of Arin attempting to "rap".

Also Jim Sterling sucks,but then I for some reason still watch Yahtzee every week.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PostNouveau posted:

I like these Movies with Mikey videos. Good call thread.

Same, they are my top tier of "watch that evening" when released along with RLM and nerdwriter and uh, ozzyman reviews. That dude cracks me up.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

the only other good youtube channel is binging with babish

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice if the game let you practice combos more like in the original console version?

It does, the top comments on the video say if you hit the back button on the controller you can stay in the combo practice thing.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

priznat posted:

Same, they are my top tier of "watch that evening" when released along with RLM and nerdwriter and uh, ozzyman reviews. That dude cracks me up.

i usually save RLM and movies with mikey vids for when i'm drinking so i have some A+ content to distract me from the fact that i'm a hideous booze soaked wasteoid

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNz7Zspqs98

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Space Taxi posted:

Haha. Rich thinks if you fall out of a plane and land on a steep water slide, you'll be fine.

I actually remember a few years back people were constructing gigantic ramps so that hypothetically someone could survive falling out of a plane and be the "first" to do it.

Idk i saw it on the daily show or something.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

reignofevil posted:

I actually remember a few years back people were constructing gigantic ramps so that hypothetically someone could survive falling out of a plane and be the "first" to do it.

Idk i saw it on the daily show or something.

this could work if u had a skateboard taped to ur butt otherwise ur dead of friction

but w/ a skateboard this works for sure

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God drat you, foreign markets, Ghost in the Shell was supposed to die a horrible death.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostintheshell2017.htm

e: eat a dick, China
rule of thumb is double budget for marketing. it failed.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Relin posted:

rule of thumb is double budget for marketing. it failed.

Isn't this just "Hollywood accounting" so the studio can say yeah no actually it didn't make a penny so there's no royalties for everybody we promised to give royalties to?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I love Mike's freakout about Will Smith at about 2:25 or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTgMAoouWg

I could never bring myself to watch that After Earth movie, not even clips of it. The trailer was enough

TheBigAristotle fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 6, 2017

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
GOTG Vol 2 was really fun and good, but imagine Mike will hate it because its more of the same which is a bad thing apparently even though we live in a world where DC/Transformers movies are way more banal with their sameness; at least with Marvel movies I can feel joy and not be skeeved out by Zack Snyder and Michael Bay's awful quirks and "auteur" genius.

Jay will like it because he digs James Gunn movies like any smart person should.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

achillesforever6 posted:

GOTG Vol 2 was really fun and good, but imagine Mike will hate it because its more of the same which is a bad thing apparently even though we live in a world where DC/Transformers movies are way more banal with their sameness; at least with Marvel movies I can feel joy and not be skeeved out by Zack Snyder and Michael Bay's awful quirks and "auteur" genius.

Jay will like it because he digs James Gunn movies like any smart person should.

Super is a piece of poo poo

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

General Dog posted:

General Dog is a piece of poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

God drat you, foreign markets, Ghost in the Shell was supposed to die a horrible death.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostintheshell2017.htm

e: eat a dick, China

china is ruining goddamn movies. i think terminator genesys almost broke even thanks to that godforsaken hellscape.

achillesforever6 posted:

mike liked jurassic world with was really really bad so i can't take any of his opinions seriously i just stick with jay now. gotg2 owned.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 6, 2017

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The lead guy in GOTG used to be real fat and gross and now he's real swole and hot and I want to put all the penises in him

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Well that's my review of GOTG2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fartbox posted:

The lead guy in GOTG used to be real fat and gross and now he's real swole and hot and I want to put all the penises in him

Jay account spotted

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Whoever invented mid credit scenes should be put in jail. Six is loving ridiculous.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol yeah.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

I still don't understand the end credits Stallone scene. Was that team a comic book thing or something

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Also I left after that one, were there more?

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

Fartbox posted:

I still don't understand the end credits Stallone scene. Was that team a comic book thing or something

Those peeps + Yondu were the original GotG from some alternate timeline the comics or some poo poo. At least that is what some article I read said.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fartbox posted:

That was the original Guardians of the Galaxy lineup, which Yondu was part of.

Fartbox posted:

Also I left after that one, were there more?

There was one with Stan Lee and the Watchers again, and then one where Starlord tries to get teenage Groot to clean his room. I don't remember the other ones.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Some pretty obscure poo poo there, Marvel

I mean I know what a Watcher is because I've seen comic book stuff get posted here on the forums but I can't imagine the general movie going audience knows any of this poo poo

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
GotG Vol. 2 was pretty fun and good. The villain was actually pretty good, i thought. He actually had some kind of personality.

Really I think GotG movies are the most interesting and cool of the Marvel movies. I'm bored with the Avengers stuff. I'm bored with Iron Man and Captain America and I dont care about the new spider-man movie. But GotG has the coolest universe and I wish it wasnt attached to the mainstream Marvel stuff. Just be crazy psychedelic space opera pulp, please.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Cless Alvein posted:

Yeah Arin is loving awful. I only watch occasionally for Danny. Same with why I enjoy Ninja Sex Party and any of their Star Bomb songs that is Danny instead of Arin attempting to "rap".

Also Jim Sterling sucks,but then I for some reason still watch Yahtzee every week.

You had me until "Jim Sterling sucks". Jim Sterling is a loving treat, like I used to hate that guy because of his punchable round face until I actually bothered to watch his videos and now he's a favorite of mine.

They really need to fix that in a patch or something. That was the only way I got good at the game on the 360, but that was like ten years ago and I've completely lost my touch. I think I've gotten a stone on every single level on my PC playthrough.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

PostNouveau posted:

There was one with Stan Lee and the Watchers again, and then one where Starlord tries to get teenage Groot to clean his room. I don't remember the other ones.

Thank you, now I know I'm not going to see this movie. What utter, utter trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Thank you, now I know I'm not going to see this movie. What utter, utter trash.

It's nowhere near the worst of the marvel movies. If you ignore all the post credit poo poo it's a decent sci fi movie.

• Locked thread