Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
What school has plate glass windows? Outside of the one in this guy's hallucinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

"My family has a unique mutation, all the men have monster dongs that all the ladies can't resist"

Eww.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have Foxdie and I drank some bone-hurting juice but I'm all right because of all the nanomachines in my bones also I threw Big Boss out the window but he thanked me later.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
We age 30% slower, which is why I didn't hit puberty until 21 and have this massive Napoleon complex

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

We age 30% slower, which is why I didn't hit puberty until 21 and have this massive Napoleon complex

Good point :D

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

My bones and skin are made of graphene, pink graphene, not the sexist graphene

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Wait, how monstrous are we talking here?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Brontosaurus account spotted.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
drat, those are some good arguments.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Can't be a health nut if nothing is insane

Checkmate

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Bad language in what i guess is suppose to be a book report or movie review?SO WACKY

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Edwin_Epps

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Khazar-khum posted:

What school has plate glass windows? Outside of the one in this guy's hallucinations.

I had a friend in college who got in some weird accident at his school involving falling through a plate glass window and sued the pants off of them because it wasn't that standard kind you normally have seen for the past like, 40 years with all the reinforcing grid inside it to keep from having that kind of painful accident. So they do exist, they just shouldn't.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Just in that small excerpt, there are many more problems than just unacceptable language for an "academic" paper.

Also LOL at and professor who is like, "well there are many reasons to dog this paper, but I agree with him on an arbitrary thing that almost anyone would agree with, so thus he gets a pass because I am a bad teacher."

The worst part is all the bias and opinions in it, which don't belong in there.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I feel like that I might have believed it as a teacher's attempt to encourage what seems to be a pretty bad student but any teacher who can't be bothered to write out "because" can suck a duck.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
I would've made fun of this being a high school paper for the terrible writing. The I figured out it was supposed to be college level in the STDH universe and I'm embarrassed for the actual writer.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I would have drawn a vomiting smiley next to the misspelled names of the lead characters. Informal language never bothered me, but sheer bone-laziness filled me with hate and bile.

That said, looks like a C- paper to me at worst. College students aren't good at writing.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
It might be a TA who doesn't give a gently caress but it didn't happen so

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

"Unlike the benevolent slave owner William Ford, Epps was a vicious, pitiless and despicable monstrosity who gave not just Caucasians, but all humans a bad name."

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

AlbieQuirky posted:

I would have drawn a vomiting smiley next to the misspelled names of the lead characters. Informal language never bothered me, but sheer bone-laziness filled me with hate and bile.

That said, looks like a C- paper to me at worst. College students aren't good at writing.

Especially since it happens so many times. Soloman? Really?

C- is extremely generous imho. It reads just like a plot summary that wouldn't even be acceptable for something as low-level as wikipedia.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Lecturers are really really loath to fail students or let them withdraw from units because it reflects badly on them as a teacher. Unless you're in law/medicine or attending a really nice school you have to actively try to fail classes. A lecturer who doesn't want to get knocked down to casual pay next semester might give a first year paper like this a P- before going home and drinking the pain away, but they certainly wouldn't write "lol :agreed:" and tell the idiot who wrote the paper that they're a critical analysis genius.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Uh that paper grading is about as believable as the grading of those portrait drawings of Steve "Sweaty Balls" Ballmer

Also the handwriting is too neat for a teacher. Teachers handwriting is typically somewhere between "Doctor's prescription" and "possibly hieroglyphics"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I guess at least they didn't rely on the standard "circle all the funny parts and then write SEE ME underlined at the bottom" stdh cliche.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Wait, how monstrous are we talking here?

fangs and claws and fire breath

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Baron Corbyn posted:

"Unlike the benevolent slave owner William Ford, Epps was a vicious, pitiless and despicable monstrosity who gave not just Caucasians, but all humans a bad name."

Epps is a "Complete Monster" like Emperor Palpitine and has lots in common with Judge Claud Frollo! Christ, this has to be some kind of TV Tropes thing.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Don't know if this is up here but...

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Postal Parcel posted:

Don't know if this is up here but...

My Life as a Teenage Moonlighting Victim

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Is drinking lattes by the shot a thing?

Anyway someone is clearly watching way too many romantic comedies. In reality the manager would chew her out for wasting time chatting with a customer and leaving the register when there's a line.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Anyway someone is clearly watching way too many romantic comedies. In reality the manager would chew her out for wasting time chatting with a customer and leaving the register when there's a line.

I'm by no means an expert on romantic comedies but isn't that what managers in them do as well?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Verisimilidude posted:

My Life as a Teenage Moonlighting Victim

"Moonlighting" means working a second job at night. "Gaslighting" might be the abuse tactic you're thinking of.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

"Moonlighting" means working a second job at night. "Gaslighting" might be the abuse tactic you're thinking of.

No he fell victim to the hit comedy series starring "Totally Not Trying To Be The Next Bill Murray" Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm by no means an expert on romantic comedies but isn't that what managers in them do as well?

It depends whether the manager is the bad guy keeping them apart or the weird guy who has had a crush on her since highschool, or the pseudo-father-role protective type, or whatever other stupid cliche.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
She shouldn't have followed him as he has terrible tastes in coffee related beverages

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
It starts out believable up to around 'blushing customer', becomes increasingly far-fetched and unrealistic, appearing to culminate with the classic ultimate stdh 'and everyone applauded', before finally reaching its zenith with the singularly ridiculous 'free shots of latte for everyone' - and putting aside how much that didn't happen, the only way that even makes sense is if it's meant to be milk.

An exquisite stdh.

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
And that café manager was Albert Einstein

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
drat, a lot of not always right/working/whatever stories get a bit boring and rote but this one was the good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has this ever happened to you? When you see an attractive stranger, you just try to win their affection with money. Works for me every time, actually.