Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Does anyone have any experience vacationing in Puerto Rico, thinking of booking a trip this Christmas with a bunch of cousins and their spouses/kids and have no idea where to start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I don't have any tips but old San Juan is cool and I had a great time. Good luck and have fun

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
There is a Chevy commercial on hulu, the last line is "it's a bad mama jama" spoken by a hipster dude with a man bun, I've never wanted to reach through a tv and strangle an actor so much before.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Does anyone have any experience vacationing in Puerto Rico, thinking of booking a trip this Christmas with a bunch of cousins and their spouses/kids and have no idea where to start

If you like astronomy and/or GoldenEye, check out Arecibo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just watched the Netflix documentary 13th and now I am looking for a new job because I don't want to be part of the problem anymore

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

I just watched the Netflix documentary 13th and now I am looking for a new job because I don't want to be part of the problem anymore

come into healthcare man

all of tff is making the switch

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Rename TFF "Buncha Deadlifitng Healthcare Workers" tia

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Come into Oil and Gas, actually don't no ones hiring

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Come to insurance.

Five. Weeks. PTO.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Come to insurance.

Five. Weeks. PTO.
Commercial real estate. Six.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I have two

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I don't really take vacations as I am a workaholic

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

No way, you're in prime position, work your IT magic to bring down the system from the inside. Hack the planet!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

come into healthcare man

He said he doesn't want to be part of the problem.

Ehud posted:

Fix it from the inside :unsmigghh:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I don't really take vacations as I am a workaholic

Saaaame

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Come in a pretty lady and then quit the job that's destroying your back and joints to stay at home and keep watch over your fresh spawn.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Quiet Feet posted:

Come in a pretty lady and then quit the job that's destroying your back and joints to stay at home and keep watch over your fresh spawn.

Stay at home husband to a hot career woman is my fetish.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Marry someone smarter than you or who makes more money (or both).

It's the only way to live life

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Spoeank posted:

:agreed:

Its our 7-year Anniversary this weekend too. Not sure what the traditional gift is for that but I went with tea and she went with beer. :beerpal:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Don't come into non-profit work. You'll be just as overworked but not make any money so your bed and car will be poo poo.

FizFashizzle posted:

come into healthcare man

Wish I could but the stress of school would be too much for my weak suburban psyche.

Spoeank posted:

You're living the dream, friend :unsmith:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I like my side gig of doing historically accurate restorations on old houses more than my day job of babysitting $40 million dollar nursing home expansions. I can't really quit the latter since it's the family business. so I do the former for happiness. I'm deeply infected with the Puritan work ethic.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

In a perfect world, I'd do historical restoration work on cool poo poo like Chrysler building becuse it would put me in an Art Deco environment all day

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Come to insurance.

Five. Weeks. PTO.

I just got a job in insurance. I like it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

My wife and I just got back from there for our honeymoon. We stayed at the San Juan Water & Beach Club on Isla Verde Ave. Nice place. Several great restaurants within walking distance and the beach is 10 feet out the front door! PM me if you want more info! I've been to PR many times.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
yesss barbershop was just on and now barbershop 2: back in business is on after it

rip to my favorite poster tbp

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

In a perfect world, I'd do historical restoration work on cool poo poo like Chrysler building becuse it would put me in an Art Deco environment all day

I loving adore art deco and when I become god emperor of dune the united states, I will put billions into an art deco revival

also, way more trains

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My nigga, have you watched season 5 of American horror story? It's got art deco, lots of 80s synth music, and sex. It's basically the pinnacle of American civilization.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i can't believe they are gonna play barbershop and then barbershop 2 but not barbershop: the next cut what the gently caress

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AHS Hotel (season 5) was sooo good if you just turn off your brain, soak it up and ignore everything tangentially related to the stupid cop and his dumb family

Evan Peters as an HH Holmes style serial killer ghost alone is worth your while. Plus Lady Gaga as a sex vampire

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:55 on May 7, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

AHS Hotel (season 5) was sooo good if you just turn off your brain, soak it up and ignore everything tangentially related to the stupid cop and his dumb family

Evan Peters as an HH Holmes style serial killer ghost alone is worth your while. Plus Lady Gaga as a sex vampire

I'm honestly considering a tattoo of Liz Taylor and Cathy Bates in this scene. So loving cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_BfrCut5sw

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Y'all should make guns like I do. If business goes south then you still have a lot of guns

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Volkerball posted:

Y'all should make guns like I do. If business goes south then you still have a lot of guns

You have a manufacturer license?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Flikken posted:

You have a manufacturer license?

My boss does

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I like my side gig of doing historically accurate restorations on old houses more than my day job of babysitting $40 million dollar nursing home expansions. I can't really quit the latter since it's the family business. so I do the former for happiness. I'm deeply infected with the Puritan work ethic.

I sometimes hang out with a former coworker from my last job, which was basically just hauling heavy poo poo around a warehouse. Apparently they now have two guys doing it or three on busy days. I was also a dumbass who didn't take breaks or lunches because I have this suicidal drive to finish the work in front of me as quickly as possible. And all for $13/hour and no raise in 3 years! :waycool:

Most goons are in their 30s now so this is probably moot but I guess my life lesson is 1: Get your college education early so you don't graduate at 30, 2: Get a useful degree, 3: Don't graduate into a recession.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quiet Feet posted:

I sometimes hang out with a former coworker from my last job, which was basically just hauling heavy poo poo around a warehouse. Apparently they now have two guys doing it or three on busy days. I was also a dumbass who didn't take breaks or lunches because I have this suicidal drive to finish the work in front of me as quickly as possible. And all for $13/hour and no raise in 3 years! :waycool:

Most goons are in their 30s now so this is probably moot but I guess my life lesson is 1: Get your college education early so you don't graduate at 30, 2: Get a useful degree, 3: Don't graduate into a recession.

I'm going to get my associate's in engineering when I turn 30. Hell one out of 3 ain't bad.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Volkerball posted:

I'm going to get my associate's in engineering when I turn 30. Hell one out of 3 ain't bad.

Godspeed, aging goon.

I graduated a full year later than I should have (Spring 2010) first because nobody could give me a straight answer on whether or not a previous math credit I had would transfer over, the end result of which was I had to take a basic-rear end algebra course over the summer. Then, long story short, missed the Fall graduation date because some idiot fucker typed the wrong course number for said class into my transcript and it took months to convince them that, no, I did not, as an English major, randomly take an 800-level math course that I didn't have the pre-reqs for. :bang:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Volkerball posted:

My boss does

That's neat do you guys do NFA syuff?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm at the ER. How's your Sunday?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm at the ER. How's your Sunday?

Better than yours apparently. I'm prepping a pot roast because at some point I turned into my grandmother and this is my preferred way to spend my Sunday. Although it is only 6:45 here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Quiet Feet posted:

You coukd also join the military and go into a technical field if those three rules seem like pulling teeth.

• Locked thread