Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So there's a bit where you turn on the Looking Glass server again. In the second test video, after Calvini's told Miyu to go home, if you're looking all the way to the left, you can see him open a secret compartment. How do you open it?

e: Found it.

He has messages on his computer [spoiler]about wanting a specifically 170 gram coffee cup, and then a scale that switches on/off when it reads 170 grams. Find his cup, put it on the scale next to the compartment.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Bogart posted:

So there's a bit where you turn on the Looking Glass server again. In the second test video, after Calvini's told Miyu to go home, if you're looking all the way to the left, you can see him open a secret compartment. How do you open it?

Watch what he did to open it carefully. Can you reproduce that sequence of events? Check his computer for hints!

On the other side of the room is a red thermos, place it on scale to open the secret compartment

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bogart posted:

e: Found it.

He has messages on his computer [spoiler]about wanting a specifically 170 gram coffee cup, and then a scale that switches on/off when it reads 170 grams. Find his cup, put it on the scale next to the compartment.

I tried this so much with every cofee cup I found in the room and couldn't get anything to happen.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
Anyone playing on PS4? Is the performance good? How are the controls?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This game would be a lot better with the kick button from dark Messiah. Really disappointed in arkane.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Just putting this here because I, for one, spent far too long looking for Mr. Grant Lockwood.

He is floating in space about 600m away and you will never spot him or get a waypoint unless you use the security office in the cargo bay to put a tracker on him. Jesus Christ I spent a lot of time looking for him before I went into the Cargo Bay.

Oh and it's totally worth finding him. You get a double jump upgrade.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

3Romeo posted:

new thread title

Prey: jesus christ these guys made system shock 3

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

sexy mouse posted:

It seems fine to me, 3 hours in. :v: No hiccups.

God, the Phantoms are really loving me up. Heading into Psychotropics now, am I supposed to have something better than my pistol? Haven't found shotgun shell schematics yet.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You should find the shotgun soon.

I carry a turret or an explosive gas bottle around. Throwing a gas bottle at them takes them right out. (I have leverage 1)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Bogart posted:

God, the Phantoms are really loving me up. Heading into Psychotropics now, am I supposed to have something better than my pistol? Haven't found shotgun shell schematics yet.

You've passed three shotguns! Explore more my boy!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bogart posted:

I'm around where you are and have found these weapons:

Wrench, gloo gun, stun gun, shotgun, pistol, beam gun, nerf gun, +4 kinds of throwables. If you're missing any of that then consider exploring more in the lobby and the area before it. You can get some stuff very early if you look around, and it's really useful stuff too. I've been using almost all of it. This game seriously rewards you for exploring. Here is I think the fastest way to get a shotgun:

There's a door to the police office in the lobby you can't get in right away. On the steps down to it, jump onto the pipes on the left and go through a vent over the door. Then you're inside.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I have a shotgun. Just not schematics for the shells so it's been at 0 shots for a while. :v: I have shots for a Q-beam and a taser but I've found neither because my PERCEPTION is low.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I love the shotgun. I crept around for ages with the pistol, but now I'm just blasting alien fools.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Just finished my first run through on the game. Excellent gameplay all the way through.

Ending: This is yet another one of those games that would have been greatly improved if it ended five minutes sooner. The after-credits stuff was kind of pointless and denigrated the story as a whole. When will devs realize that those kinds of cop-outs removes all the weight of the story? It keeps happening with all kinds of games. But hey, it was still a fun ride up until that point, so I guess no harm? Still somewhat disappointed.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

sexy mouse posted:

Solid 30 FPS so far, game looks great. Controls are fine, but there's a bit of input lag and no deadzones which makes accurate aiming a bit of a pain.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Bogart posted:

I have a shotgun. Just not schematics for the shells so it's been at 0 shots for a while. :v: I have shots for a Q-beam and a taser but I've found neither because my PERCEPTION is low.

Qbeam riddles, going from super vague to the answer.

I'd expect brand new tech to have to go through testing first. Where does Talos 1 do it's weapons development?

I hear a new toy crossbow was just invented. If you could just check their work area, maybe you could find some other new tech.

It's chilling to see the Hardware Labs these days. Even the great Engineer Calvino seems suprised by the condition of his labs.

It's in Hardware Labs. As you EVA to Calvino you can repair the door next to him, which seals the breach. This opens the beam labs..

Shotgun Shells schematic I had by the time I reached the office, so it's in Neuromod or Lobby.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The thing about the Q-Beam is that you need Repair II to get it, which means that while it is in a quest area you might not have the skills for it at the outset. Make sure to mark down the location and go back so you don't get it in the last ten mins of the game like I did

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The thing about the Q-Beam is that you need Repair II to get it, which means that while it is in a quest area you might not have the skills for it at the outset. Make sure to mark down the location and go back so you don't get it in the last ten mins of the game like I did

Found the other q-beam. Its out there.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So I back tracked through the starting area and went through the volunteer quarters, and... :stare: what the gently caress is that thing. I found some turrets so I figured I'd hang out close to them. The loving thingreached through the window and picked up the turrets. When it is not making the turrets shoot me it spawns zappy balls that gently caress my day up. The Qbeam gets hosed because the zap ball emp's it. Avoiding it isn't hard, but I kinda want to ruin its day. I picked up a DFA chip, I'll loving goomba stop it to death if that's what it wants. :black101:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I have tonnes of metal material. Like, just loving heaps of it, and I only just got to the G.U.T.S. The reason being, I think, is that in the hardware labs (I think?) is the workshop where they use a big round containment vessel to put things in and then drop one of those resource grenade thingies in, to instantly make materials.

I just spent a bunch of time dragging everything that wasn't nailed down and throwing it in there, everything, even corpses, until it was stacked to the brim, then turning it all into materials. I did that 3 times (it's surprising how much stuff you can toss in there, quite a lot actually) and materials has not been a problem for me ever since.

One little thing I noticed was at the very start that the city-scape wasn't all that impressive - someone mentioned earlier that they thought it looked a little fake and liked it when they discovered they were right. Well, I thought so too, that it looked just a bit off, and then I saw a flock of birds take off from a nearby skyscraper, and noticed immediately how poo poo they looked, like they were grey lovely renders that were kind of like the "m" you get in childs drawings to depict birds. I was unimpressed with the lack of detail in TYOOL 2017.

Then I read an email once I'd broken out specifying that they should not be using the bird effects, because they don't look right and could ruin the immersion.

This fuckin' game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Just finished my first run through on the game. Excellent gameplay all the way through.

Ending: This is yet another one of those games that would have been greatly improved if it ended five minutes sooner. The after-credits stuff was kind of pointless and denigrated the story as a whole. When will devs realize that those kinds of cop-outs removes all the weight of the story? It keeps happening with all kinds of games. But hey, it was still a fun ride up until that point, so I guess no harm? Still somewhat disappointed.

that doesnt surprise me. i heard it has multiple endings. how many are there?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
What's the goon consensus on this game? Any good?

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Regarding the Q-Beam, an alternate way to get it:

I found it floating near a corpse out in space. I did some exploring and went to "recover" a dead dude (actually I think it might have been a chick, if I'm remembering my picked up recordings) before going to the first hull breach you're story driven to go to, and they had another Q-Beam floating right next to them.

Be careful though because there is a lovely stun locking enemy nearby who made me tear through all my health supplies and ammo in that one encounter just to kill it.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that doesnt surprise me. i heard it has multiple endings. how many are there?

Sounds like 2-3, and there is a pretty strong dependence on how much stuff you do on the station/how corrupted you are.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rookersh posted:

Sounds like 2-3, and there is a pretty strong dependence on how much stuff you do on the station/how corrupted you are.

you're pretty much right, except side-stuff and corruption matter extremely little

Jewce
Mar 11, 2008

FisheyStix posted:

Yup. I'm a little bitch baby cause it scares me too much to play for more than an hour at a time, but everyone seems to love this game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I like how you can just go outside for a space walk, as an alternate way of travel once multiple airlocks are released. You couldn't do that in System Shock!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This is head and shoulders above Dishonored 2, a fairly good game. Mainly, the big ethical choice of character building is an actual choice - a tech-focused mundane Morgan is still pretty fun. Power-starved Emily / Corvo is just a drag.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

you're pretty much right, except side-stuff and corruption matter extremely little

I mean the devs themselves have stated that the more people you save, the better ending you get. They've said they had 2-3 core endings, and 17? auxiliary endings based around if people survived/got murdered.

If that's not true, that's cool too. Just I'm going off the prerelease stuff the devs put out.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
theres a lot of half-truths in that statement

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

theres a lot of half-truths in that statement

Hmm!

I guess I'll discuss it more with you once I actually finish the game. I just got home and started sequence breaking my way into the Power Plant. I think? I don't know where I'm supposed to actually go main quest anymore because whoops, I needed metal. Sorry January.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

FisheyStix posted:

i'm 11 hours in and i cannot say enough good about this game. this is the best thing i've played in years (sorry witcher 3). it is like system shock 2 with all the clunkiness removed. there's so much to explore, ways to sequence break, different ways to play the game, the visuals are good, the writing's solid (not out of this world but pretty good), the level design is great with tons of nooks and crannies and different ways to go about things... game of the year, and would probably win in any other year i can think of since... i dunno, 2012

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Please fix the floaty controls on PS4 so this game will be perfect. Tia.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Speedball posted:

I like how you can just go outside for a space walk, as an alternate way of travel once multiple airlocks are released. You couldn't do that in System Shock!

I do wish that it was easier to navigate, making it so you can only read the markers when you are a relatively short distance was a bad idea.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It's funny how the tutorial implies the lobby will be the central hub you'll keep going back through when in actuality it's outer space

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lakbay posted:

It's funny how the tutorial implies the lobby will be the central hub you'll keep going back through when in actuality it's outer space

Not to mention the lobby gets pretty over-populated after a while. I like blowing by on the elevator and see monster Grand Central Station

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

princecoo posted:

I have tonnes of metal material. Like, just loving heaps of it, and I only just got to the G.U.T.S. The reason being, I think, is that in the hardware labs (I think?) is the workshop where they use a big round containment vessel to put things in and then drop one of those resource grenade thingies in, to instantly make materials.

I just spent a bunch of time dragging everything that wasn't nailed down and throwing it in there, everything, even corpses, until it was stacked to the brim, then turning it all into materials. I did that 3 times (it's surprising how much stuff you can toss in there, quite a lot actually) and materials has not been a problem for me ever since.

Does tossing stuff into that vessel give more materials than just doing a pile in the world somewhere?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ambaire posted:

Does tossing stuff into that vessel give more materials than just doing a pile in the world somewhere?

No, it's just a convenient container for throwing it all in. Did the same thing myself and got an achievement for recycling 20 things at once, but didn't really keep it up after leaving that room. If you're really hurting for materials, you can always drag everything in a given room into a pile and toss a recycler grenade at it.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

FisheyStix posted:

It's very good. Mechanically and aesthetically it's far more of a "spiritual successor" to the System Shock series than Bioshock was, and it's been a great nostalgia trip. Between this and Dishonored, Arkane is basically what Looking Glass would've been if it hadn't closed shop. I can't think of any higher praise.

Asbury fucked around with this message at 04:40 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Just fixed the elevator and went back down to the lobby. Oh so you hate fighting nightmares? How about a nightmare, two telepaths, one weaver and one named Typhon at once?

ymgve fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 7, 2017