Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dog maw was the best skin in the game in the 12 minutes between me seeing it and me finding out it was called pugmaw instead of dogmaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
French maid nidalee, battle bunny riven, officer caitlyn, any evelynn skin

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Yeah boy!!!

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

best skins in order: butterfly kog'maw, chinese new year kog'maw, dog'maw

Vandal line (not Jax), pugmaw, Definitely not Vel'Koz, Gentleman Cho.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Good Skins list, in order:

Pink Taric
Pre-nerf Lollipoppy Everything else.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cottontail Teemo, Armor of the Fifth Age Taric, Frosted Ezreal, Debonair Vi

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I love Armor Taric so much. Too bad no one plays him ever.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm not sure if I like the new gamemode

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm not sure if I like the new gamemode

Easily the best one they've done so far IMO. It's the first alternate gamemode that feels really different from SR (well, and URF, but that's kind of 'super SR', not really an entirely new thing). Super good stuff IMO.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah but my teammates suck

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well it's a fun party game mode so just try to have fun

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

my response to the game mode is i played it once and thought it was kind of fun but not really enough to want to play it again and that is okay. as long as you do not take it seriously and goof off with your friends you are playing it optimally, as soon as you start caring about winrate or KD or whatever you are loving up

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

Maokai support with Thunderlords, max E and just throw the sapling poo poo in bushes

The new cancer

Also early rush a liandry's if you're smashing

Someone tried this on me playing Braum and while it was a nightmare in lane I eventually outscaled him building full tank and shat all over their team for an easy S. The problem is supps are already behind on resources so if you go ap on Mao you just fall off too quickly.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I just don't know how to win any more

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

ArbitraryC posted:

Someone tried this on me playing Braum and while it was a nightmare in lane I eventually outscaled him building full tank and shat all over their team for an easy S. The problem is supps are already behind on resources so if you go ap on Mao you just fall off too quickly.
I dunno the damage is pretty ridiculous. Building liandries into regular tanky support items I was still near the top of the damage charts in all three games I tried it. It gives you incredible control over Baron/dragon if you have a bit of time to set up.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Unless every game you're in is going to 40m I don't know how you're doing "Liandrys into ____" on a support budget. I feel like I can barely get Redemption after support items before the game ends.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, it's not like people have been playing support zyra and brand with liandry's being a core part of the build

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

misguided rage posted:

I dunno the damage is pretty ridiculous. Building liandries into regular tanky support items I was still near the top of the damage charts in all three games I tried it. It gives you incredible control over Baron/dragon if you have a bit of time to set up.
https://my.mixtape.moe/wgekpe.webm
https://my.mixtape.moe/kuuknw.webm

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

henkman posted:

Yeah, it's not like people have been playing support zyra and brand with liandry's being a core part of the build

Yeah it's the core but you don't transition into tank afterwards, at best you might get half a rylai's before the game ends.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I think for Zyra at least I generally extend the opening build if I'm winning to snowball, so it usually ends up being x y and z into liandries into a win. I. E., get a gold gen item, sightstone into watcher maybe, possibly with seal plus corrupting pot along the way if I'm really stomping. Then get liandries, and then usually just win prior to rylais.

"Liandries into" is definitely still there as a late game transition if I somehow haven't won (or lost...) but imo the bulk of the important build decisions are making those early mid game choices about utility/lane bully or sustain etc.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

I love Armor Taric so much. Too bad no one plays him ever.

Ya I wonder why I do think his laning phase gets exploited but he probably is one of the best lategame supports in terms of game impact. Also that skin is lit.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean there's really no point in building Rylai's instead of Liandry's. Same health, more AP, and more damage. The 20% slow is dog poo poo on Rylais and it basically acts as the Robin to Liandry's Batman.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Kooriken to the rescue!

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

I mean there's really no point in building Rylai's instead of Liandry's. Same health, more AP, and more damage. The 20% slow is dog poo poo on Rylais and it basically acts as the Robin to Liandry's Batman.

The one good thing about the rylai's nerf (well out of obsoleting an item) is it made a larger niche for that one hextech launcher. Some of the champs that used to be dependent on Rylai's just go Launcher into Liandry's now and it works well enough as a replacement.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Probably the best play I've had in my entire League career.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Teikanmi posted:

It's okay after liandry's on supps like zyra but the whole point of us bringing it up was to emphasize you usually do not complete a full item on supps after your advanced sightstone + first core unless you're just in p low quality games.

fwiw I did try the ap malph max e support and it was good, but we also won game before I got an item after liandry's. Easily got an S-, tho sadly I had already gotten a box on mao I forgot about. There was no transition into full tank cause that's already a p big budget

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

My office looks a bit nicer now

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
God drat it is the most tilting loving thing in the world to have to play against a scripter.

Watching this Xerath perfectly land every ability was bad enough, but he managed to dodge an Amumu Q from an unwarded bush by stopping in the middle of a cast of his Q. My team called him on it and he turned off the dodge script but still never missed an ability.

I very rarely run into scripters but this was pretty blatant.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Post gifs/make a YouTube video

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I don't record my games, though I should maybe reconsider that.

Also lol @ this matchmaking:

All four of the diamond players there were D1 last season except for the master tier player.

I know normals have different MMR but god drat. All I wanted to do was hit level 30 :(

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Been queuing with other folks who play support recently which made me realise my ADC stable consists of Tristana and Ashe. I'm poo poo at ADC and want to improve, it is kinda fun to actually see my kills go above 2 sometimes.

Who should I aim for next? Lucian and Ez look fun but I also get the impression they're mechanically advanced. Also why the gently caress is every ADC like 4.8k minimum. Especially Ezreal holy gently caress I remember when he came out it was like one year after release or something, he's still 4.8k

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you follow pro play, it's all about Ashe and Ezreal again, with sometimes Varus. I personally really like Caitlyn and Jhin for their long-range burst, traps, and semi-global ultimates. Jinx had a catchy music video and is really great if you can get ahead and dunk on people.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

el dingo posted:

Been queuing with other folks who play support recently which made me realise my ADC stable consists of Tristana and Ashe. I'm poo poo at ADC and want to improve, it is kinda fun to actually see my kills go above 2 sometimes.

Who should I aim for next? Lucian and Ez look fun but I also get the impression they're mechanically advanced. Also why the gently caress is every ADC like 4.8k minimum. Especially Ezreal holy gently caress I remember when he came out it was like one year after release or something, he's still 4.8k

Ashe has always been the best champ for getting better at the ADC role IMO. Great slow for kiting, but lack of an escape means you dont get to misposition too severely.

Lucian is strong enough right now that it doesnt matter too much if you screw up your buttonmashing a bit.

While fun I'd avoid Ez as his damage numbers are undertuned for the average player so as to not make him too ridiculous in pro-play.

Varus is strong again and probably the most Ashe-like in playstyle - No mobility, high damage skillshot harass, Ult for engage/counter-engage.

For maximum easymode rightclicking there's Cait.

Twitch, Kog, and Miss F are all above average numbers-wise at the moment. Jinx, Draven and Vayne are ok.

Xayah looks really fun.

Sivir is cheap.

Jhin is bad. Corki is in the dumpster.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To talk about how bad Corki is right now, the only time I've seen him in pro play recently was when Faker took him midlane to style on SSG.

Kind of weird, since the last time I watched esports I recall the relevant trinity being Corki, Ezreal, and Graves entirely because of their mobility.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Addamere posted:

To talk about how bad Corki is right now, the only time I've seen him in pro play recently was when Faker took him midlane to style on SSG.

Kind of weird, since the last time I watched esports I recall the relevant trinity being Corki, Ezreal, and Graves entirely because of their mobility.

That was like season 2 or 3. Literally 4+ years ago.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

el dingo posted:

Twitch is 1350, Ashe and Sivir are 450, Corki is 3150. Trist is free but if you don't get her for free she was 1350 and might be 450 by now. ADCs as a class aren't blanketly high IP cost, riot just takes 400 years to downprice so "4800 or more" describes the majority of the roster.

Ezreal is more about accuracy and smart use of e than much in the way of apm mechanics. Lucian is pretty intensive to be amazing at but not that insane to be passable on.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

That was like season 2 or 3. Literally 4+ years ago.

yeah, that's the last time I watched esports prior to me getting an itch to watch the lck spring split this year

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Twitch is 1350, Ashe and Sivir are 450, Corki is 3150. Trist is free but if you don't get her for free she was 1350 and might be 450 by now. ADCs as a class aren't blanketly high IP cost, riot just takes 400 years to downprice so "4800 or more" describes the majority of the roster.

Ezreal is more about accuracy and smart use of e than much in the way of apm mechanics. Lucian is pretty intensive to be amazing at but not that insane to be passable on.

Twitch is 3150.

The other "mechanical" part of Ez is managing your passive well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Miss Fortune is also a fun champion to play, as either ADC or support. She is seen as a support counter to Zyra at high level, and she's great if your team is already AD heavy since you can channel Bullet Time to apply Black Cleaver shred. In either ADC or support role, she synergizes really well with other champions with AOE ultimates, the quintessential pairing being Amumu but others like Sona or Viktor work as well. As an ADC, she's absolutely oppressive when paired with a Blitzcrank, Nautilus, or Thresh support since the easy heuristics to avoid Double Up and grabs are mutually exclusive — she can win you a lot of games if you pair up with a support buddy playing one of those, winning through either harass or all-in potential. But she is immobile, save for her movespeed being high.

• Locked thread