Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Suck that leg. Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well gently caress me raw, here I was hoping for the good old mentor relationship, instead I get the most egregious instance of leg fetishism outside of a Tarantino film

Oh well show still good I guess

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Are they going to gently caress or are they just loving with us? Stay tuned to find out!

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I like that Jack figured out the Tigers were bad because their Shirts spelled out mean things. Was a goofy cool visual though.

SamuraiSnake
Jul 1, 2010
The shipping is just way too weird for this show. It doesn't seem to fit with the tone of what we've seen thus far.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JossiRossi posted:

I like that Jack figured out the Tigers were bad because their Shirts spelled out mean things. Was a goofy cool visual though.

I liked the "Whoa!" as they were escaping.

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Is this Alien?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
gently caress

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Really?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Gendy why

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
This is someone's fetish isn't it?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

EagerSleeper posted:

This is someone's fetish isn't it?

Oh yeah.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Everybody needs somebody sometimes.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
FUUUUUUCK KILL ME NOW

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress that episode was dumb.

SamuraiSnake
Jul 1, 2010
drat IT.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

NEXT WEEK: Flashback to jack being sad the guardian got Aku'ed.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
definitely the worst episode but what you going to do, can hit homeruns all the time.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

It's a shame the romance stuff was so... present. Because the monster was cool as gently caress and I am so there for what basically amounted to a Samurai Jack episode set in a Metroid game

That was otherwise nnnnottttt goooooddddd. Even without how hamhanded it was, what was the point? Was any of this really worth spending one of our ten episodes on?

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 7, 2017

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Next episode preview: That's the Guardian's portal, isn't it?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well that's taking a whole point off my scoreboard. 9/10. In all seriousness though, what the gently caress?! How did we go from a three part Ecstasy of Gold tier cinema quality entertainment to this?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Bunch of sourpusses in this thread.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

Next episode preview: That's the Guardian's portal, isn't it?

It is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh, man.

I'm not opposed to the idea at play, here and I don't even have any problems with the execution, but spending a whole episode on that.

That's some questionable time budgeting.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

That episode seemed a little off.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
My god that episode was bad.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i am unhappy with this episode, but at least the fight was cool

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I just don't appreciate doing anything to the Wha-cha.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
That romance stuff was so hamfisted and poorly done. Even if you wanted them to be together, I can't see how you could like that episode.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Remember when Legend of Korra came out(hehehe) and the Book 1 stuff was "Doing Zuko-Katara shippers right."

wow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crabtree posted:

I just don't appreciate doing anything to the Wha-cha.

Also, this.

Don't take my wicha.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gendy you had 10+ years to iron out the kinks. This is the not kink you're supposed to keep in.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ashi loving sucks and I hate that this is how Samurai Jack seems to be concluding.

I really liked the start of the series and up until the escape but after the throwback episode it's just gotten worse and worse.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
That wasn't a good episode. Like I'm sure the next few will be fine, but this one wasn't great.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

VJeff posted:

Oh, man.

I'm not opposed to the idea at play, here and I don't even have any problems with the execution, but spending a whole episode on that.

That's some questionable time budgeting.

Yeah that's really the umbrella all the show's problems are underneath--even if this was handled much more tastefully, the episode still would have felt like a waste. With more time to breathe this wouldn't really have been a bad plot development but with 10 episodes this just felt like a mistake.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Ashi owns but that ep was hilarious and dumb

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Having a love interest is something I'm not inherently opposed to, it's a traditional part of these big Conan-y epics, but I don't think that was particularly well done. Maybe it was rushed, maybe this dude just doesn't know how to write romance (although there was that stuff with the robot kid and the cheerleader in Symbionic Titan). In any case, ehhhh.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I mean, I don't have a problem with them being a thing, it's just that it was handled in such a stock and fanservice-y way, and the episode feeling like filler to begin with didn't help it.

I am impressed with Genndy's insistence on Jack never being fully clothed for the entirety of an episode though. It's been, what, since Episode 1 of this season that he's managed to stay dressed the entire time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

nerdbot posted:

Yeah that's really the umbrella all the show's problems are underneath--even if this was handled much more tastefully, the episode still would have felt like a waste. With more time to breathe this wouldn't really have been a bad plot development but with 10 episodes this just felt like a mistake.

We've got what, two more episodes?

Like, I get why they did this this way, but there was a much more time-efficient way to do it that wouldn't have cut two incredibly important story beats (Jack confronting Mad Jack/getting his sword back and Ashi confronting her mom) down to a couple minutes each.

We're down to two episodes left, here and we have a ton of stuff to wrap up. I dunno that we're gonna get the great climax we want, here.

• Locked thread