Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its a big ol' dildo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
he's got a high hard one and a wicked curve

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I can see how they initially missed that because that was like playing "Where's dildo?"

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Probably placed by a team mate as a prank.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

lightpole posted:

Wow Air, despite being a budget airline, has an awesome economy class that's much cheaper and much better than anything in the US.

Once you add on all of the additional fees they charge for baggage, carry-ons, a seat, and oxygen, it's about the same price as a ticket on Icelandair.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/861197871206592514

Ahahahah what a bunch of pissbabies

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Well they did just give another major middle finger to the electoral legitimacy and independence of the west. Perhaps they should be on edge

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Didn't all of the anti ship versions of the tomahawk get with drawn from service like 20 years ago?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Flikken posted:

Didn't all of the anti ship versions of the tomahawk get with drawn from service like 20 years ago?

SHH don't tell the Russians!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

what is yates gonna say tomorrow

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

SHH don't tell the Russians!!

Also, it's kind of hilarious that their response to a single AEGIS cruisier is to mobilize the Baltic Fleet. Kinda sends the wrong message if one single ship causes an entire fleet to poo poo it's pants for propaganda.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Right wing authoritarian ideology is all about being simultaneously weak enough to be threatened by an all-powerful global conspiracy, enemy nations, enemy religions, and even social trends, while also celebrating the strength and power of your own nation. The more powerful you become, then your enemies must become even more powerful to maintain the threat, and the more powerful your enemies are then everyone must rally even more around the leader so that you can fight the enemy.

As put by someone much smarter than me:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1995/06/22/ur-fascism/

quote:

8. The followers must feel humiliated by the ostentatious wealth and force of their enemies. When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers must be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
In German news, Schleswig-Holstein's regional election results are in, and the main opposition party to Merkel's CDU bombed hard. They needed to show that they still have momentum to carry over into the national election in September, but instead nutted in their pants before even picking up their date at the door.

The AfD (Alternative fuer Deutschland), basically the Neonazis with the most recent new-car-smell, barely cleared the 5% bar, which essentially meant to avoid a major defeat. It's pretty much around where they polled, and they've been plagued with infighting and other scandals, so no one was expecting major gains for them.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

what is yates gonna say tomorrow

Paraphrased: I literally told you about Flynn and you didn't listen and then lied about it https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/861263605265821697

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Flikken posted:

It's okay. Russian ships come pre-hit. No need to waste precious ordinance; they're already on fire.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

It's okay. Russian ships come pre-hit. No need to waste precious ordinance; they're already on fire.

A coal-fired aircraft carrier? Sounds like something from a bad steampunk novel.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Every airline is equally bad, what competition will their clientele move to? Checkmate! Capitolism at its finest? Free hand of the market!

TRUMP!

I've been shopping an idea to the airlines via singing telegram that they should partner with state and federal prisons to let non- or mildly violent offenders work as flight attendants at prison wages. $.30/hour is reasonable to expect a win-win for airlines, passengers, and inmates.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Dingleberry posted:

I've been shopping an idea to the airlines via singing telegram that they should partner with state and federal prisons to let non- or mildly violent offenders work as flight attendants at prison wages. $.30/hour is reasonable to expect a win-win for airlines, passengers, and inmates.

I like it. Doubles as both customer service and in-flight security.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

BigDave posted:

A coal-fired aircraft carrier? Sounds like something from a bad steampunk novel.

Please do not disclose Trump's secret plans to revive the American coal industry. Opsec.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Good guy appears to have won in France, 65-35. Possibly one of the biggest potential polling errors ever, as polls only had Macron beating Le Pen by 20, not 30.

https://twitter.com/France24_en/status/861279279996391426

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Oh thank Christ my country didn't go full retard. 35% of voters for a far-right candidate is super concerning though...

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

But his e-mails

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Duzzy Funlop posted:

In German news, Schleswig-Holstein's regional election results are in, and the main opposition party to Merkel's CDU bombed hard. They needed to show that they still have momentum to carry over into the national election in September, but instead nutted in their pants before even picking up their date at the door.

The AfD (Alternative fuer Deutschland), basically the Neonazis with the most recent new-car-smell, barely cleared the 5% bar, which essentially meant to avoid a major defeat. It's pretty much around where they polled, and they've been plagued with infighting and other scandals, so no one was expecting major gains for them.

I'm super pissed at that. Especially if you consider that most people considered the SPD led government to be pretty good. I don't even want to go into the German politics thread, I don't think I can take GC's gloating. At least the AfD didn't get a lot of votes.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Good guy appears to have won in France, 65-35. Possibly one of the biggest potential polling errors ever, as polls only had Macron beating Le Pen by 20, not 30.

https://twitter.com/France24_en/status/861279279996391426

It will be delicious if anger at the email leaks actually increased his support.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
This means Trump is a 1 term president :getin:

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Seems like people underestimated the French population's ability to reason, and overestimated the American population's.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ayn Marx posted:

Oh thank Christ my country didn't go full retard. 35% of voters for a far-right candidate is super concerning though...

Better than 46.1%.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Woof Blitzer posted:

This means Trump is a 1 term president :getin:

This is 2017.

Hope is still a mistake.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The goddamn alt right fucksticks in that twitter thread

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

BigDave posted:

Technically it's a heavy aircraft-carrying cruiser, not an aircraft carrier :goonsay:

(Most countries aren't allowed to send aircraft carriers heavier than 15k tons through the Turkish Straits...so the Kuznetsov therefore isn't an aircraft carrier.)

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Usually wait till I'm out of sight from land to blow tubes but I guess navies get to do whatever they want.

The design and construction on that thing sounds absolutely sadistic.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Do they have truck nuts and a molon labia sticker to go with those diesel smoke stacks ?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You can buy little tiny truck nutz. I've been thinking of buying some for my brother's truck to see how long it takes him to notice.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FastestGunAlive posted:

Do they have truck nuts and a molon labia sticker to go with those diesel smoke stacks ?

Close, Adidas and track suits.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Dingleberry posted:

ConAir: Executive Order.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

That's Kuznetsov's engine room. No, really.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You'd think with having so many crew around they could spare a couple to paint things

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Too busy drinking the hydraulic fluid

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I never thought France would be the ones to halt the modern resurgence of fascism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
To be fair, Trump still lost the popular vote.

• Locked thread