Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Justin_Brett posted:

I probably wouldn't have picked Hard if I knew the game's idea of difficulty was just unfair enemies.

Let's be honest here. Those of us who picked hard knew what we were getting into. It's not like SC hard was a great achievement of careful game design either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I probably should have been more specific than every enemy, but I don't like the big tanky enemies in the capital that have a lot of defense, but also take zero damage from every element of Arts but their weakness. Just means you have to focus on them one at a time, which means they get more moves, and that really sucks with the guys who hit twice.

Oh nah that's fair, pretty much every enemy in the first part of the game has pretty high ADF on Hard; Kevin's the only one who can really scratch them without exploiting the weaknesses. If it helps, that's going to change around chapter 3-4 to Artes once again being the premier way of doing absurd non-Agate damage.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm missing something at the start of Chapter 7. How do I get into the chapel?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Really Pants posted:

I'm missing something at the start of Chapter 7. How do I get into the chapel?

I believe you need to fully explore the living quarters on the left side, then leave it via the main door.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oh for gently caress's sake. Why is that other door even there, then? It should be locked with the same key as the chapel or something.

Thanks a bunch. Leaving through the main door is what I was missing.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

"Oh hey I heard they made Sanctus Nova not worthless in this game, let's see how it does"

*~8000 damage on everything in chapter 3*

:stonk:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

where is sun door 3, by the by

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cake Attack posted:

where is sun door 3, by the by

You mean the one in the Coliseum in the 2nd Plane?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

You mean the one in the Coliseum in the 2nd Plane?

apparently, i must have missed it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's in the waiting room that your team is always in back in FC.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Uff at the third "guardian" of Chapter 6. Looks like I'll need to dig out those def up skills.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I beat the game. The living room was dusty from the start of the final dungeon till the end. The chest messages in that place are peak emotional manipulation!!

I love this fuckin series and the people who throw their whole lives into working on it. :unsmith:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

I beat the game. The living room was dusty from the start of the final dungeon till the end. The chest messages in that place are peak emotional manipulation!!

I love this fuckin series and the people who throw their whole lives into working on it. :unsmith:

Why is your PC in your living room?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

Why is your PC in your living room?

I plug my laptop into my tv, my dude.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm taking it pretty easy. Only on the Silver Road.

What the gently caress how do I deal with Vargems? You kill them, they cast Death Scream, which if rolled at 20% on an entire party, there's a good chance at least one of them is getting instagibbed.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Phobophilia posted:

I'm taking it pretty easy. Only on the Silver Road.

What the gently caress how do I deal with Vargems? You kill them, they cast Death Scream, which if rolled at 20% on an entire party, there's a good chance at least one of them is getting instagibbed.

Skull Necklaces? You should be able to buy them at this point.

edit: That or just keep your distance it doesn't cover the entire arena.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Where do I find the invitations to the later Arena sections? I'm just starting Chapter 6.

Also, is there going to be a part where I don't have to take Kevin or Ries? I don't mind them, but I really want to use all the other characters.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
gently caress it I just bailed.

Maybe I should have actively counteracted that, jeesus christ those death chariot things are annoying.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Just starting up 3rd. From a quick googling it seems there's no real missable stuff in this one? Thank Aidios.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Ojetor posted:

Just starting up 3rd. From a quick googling it seems there's no real missable stuff in this one? Thank Aidios.

The only proper 'missable' thing is in the very first area upon hitting New Game. Everything else can be obtained later.

Game's real good, ya'll

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ojetor posted:

If you ever run from a battle, you miss out on the Mirror quartz. If you do run from a battle, and then run from 299 more, you can get a different quartz.

Anyhoo, there's still more to do, minigames and arenas to complete, but with all the doors opened I feel it's time to head to the final battle.

e: Oh my loving god the chests. I'm gonna cry.

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 7, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Final Choice :allears:

OddObserver posted:

Uff at the third "guardian" of Chapter 6. Looks like I'll need to dig out those def up skills.

I only beat that one by having Gaia Shield on both of the mandatory party members.

Some Numbers posted:

Where do I find the invitations to the later Arena sections? I'm just starting Chapter 6.

Also, is there going to be a part where I don't have to take Kevin or Ries? I don't mind them, but I really want to use all the other characters.

There's one invitation in the Impregnable Fortress in Chapter 6. I haven't seen a second yet.

Your party selection will open up fully in Chapter 8.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 7, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I have beaten the game.

Definitely the best Sky game. Hot dang.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Some Numbers posted:

Nightmare arena invitation is in the final chapter.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I still haven't found Moon Doors 4+5, or Star Doors 13+15. Are those in the Abyss, or somewhere else?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Really Pants posted:

I still haven't found Moon Doors 4+5, or Star Doors 13+15. Are those in the Abyss, or somewhere else?

You missed moon door 4 ages ago, it's in Saint-Croix forest in plane 4

Haven't found the others yet as of early chapter 6

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

So, I decided to risk use of my shoulders and start with FC again. But no matter where I try, it wont accept my PS4 configurations.

I turned it on in big picture mode, set up the configuration there, No dice. Set up the configuration at the manage game section of big picture mode, no cards. And no matter what I do at the game's config mode it wont accept button presses to change the settings. When I go in game Circle is confirm and the only cancel buttons I have are L1 and L2 on all 3 tries.

Edit: Randomly started the game up again without changing setting and suddenly circle is cancel now? Okay then.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 7, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

hard invitation is mid/late chap 6, nightmare invitation is in the chap 8 optional dungeon.

In chapter 8 before the final dungeon you can have any party composition you want. the final dungeon itself is split into 4 sections you do with 4 different parties so you'll get to use everyone.(the enemies there poo poo exp and theres amazing gear in the chests so dont feel forced to overgrind all your dudes.)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

Moon door 5 is in the old monochrome schoolhouse, you can explore it after the fight there.

star doors 13/14 are in the black ark, star door 15 is at the bottom of the abyss.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Zaggitz posted:

Moon door 5 is in the old monochrome schoolhouse, you can explore it after the fight there.

star doors 13/14 are in the black ark, star door 15 is at the bottom of the abyss.

Huh, might have missed star 14 --- thanks!
Also the fight at the end of the black ark... not really sure how the heck I am going to do that.
(Unless it's a must lose..)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

OddObserver posted:

Also the fight at the end of the black ark... not really sure how the heck I am going to do that.

Nah you haven't missed it, it shows up in a story cutscene.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

You missed moon door 4 ages ago, it's in Saint-Croix forest in plane 4

I must have taken the other exit and never noticed that little side area. This door was the best one yet, too. :allears:

OddObserver posted:

Once you've finished the very next fight after that one and then left the area, Star 14 will pop up. You can't miss it.

That fight isn't a must-lose and I thought it was easier than the guardian of the Impregnable Fortress. If all else fails, just spam Gaia Shield and focus on the healer first.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Is there a place I can get Heaven's Eye so I can get all my in-battle and in-map information utility with a single slot?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Is there a place I can get Heaven's Eye so I can get all my in-battle and in-map information utility with a single slot?

Estelle joins the party with one.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Really Pants posted:

That fight isn't a must-lose and I thought it was easier than the guardian of the Impregnable Fortress. If all else fails, just spam Gaia Shield and focus on the healer first.

I just got all of my units fainted by their initial spam of s-crafts, and then a bunch of other status effects cast, and decided I need a breather :-).
Probably will need some status defense, in place of some attack buff accessories (and to remember to reconfigure Kevin back to his defensive craft)...

Edit: OK, got it on try 2. Just need some faint resistance on Kloe to survive initial onslaught and recover quickly with her defensive S-Craft, then
the healer fell really quickly, and the rest was very much cleanup.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 7, 2017

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

god richard is so good

he just never stops getting turns

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I saw his description and battle orbment and was like "huh, strange that they made him a mage, but whatever" and then didn't switch him to a physical setup until the final dungeon, at which point, lol

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Cake Attack posted:

god richard is so good

he just never stops getting turns

His two single-target crafts have a downtime of 7, while Luminous Wheel has a downtime of 12. For reference, item use and move are 20, attack is 30, most other crafts hover around 30 too (Estelle's are a bit faster at 22-24), and spells go from 20/20 (casting delay/downtime after casting) and up from there, though Cast 2 lowers casting delay by 70%. This is also all on a character with the game's third best maxHP, third best STR, third best DEF (though tied with Agate and Mueller) and fourth best ATS with one of the game's best orbment to go with it.

He's pretty much bonkers broken.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So wait, is Richard more broken than Anelace? Because I'm not sure I actually believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

So wait, is Richard more broken than Anelace? Because I'm not sure I actually believe that.

give him speed boosting gear and spam luminous divide. he will almost certainly get 3 turns in a row, potentially more, and his next turn will be just around the bend.

edit: where is star door 11, i missed it. presumably in the looking glass since 10 was there and 12 was in the next trail, but making sure.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 7, 2017