Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

How did this Cassandra end up with the alt-right? I followed her a little bit over a year ago when she organized some dance party for an obese guy who was made fun off on the internet but was posting a lot about Bernie at that point. Seems such an unlikely person to jump on the Trump train...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I met someone unironically watching Stephen crowder saying islamophobic poo poo and immediately hissed under my breath "Stephen crowder huh?! Good loving luck with that" and stormed off. I was shocked by how visceral my reaction was, i normally keep to myself when it comes to poo poo like that, What's worse is that person was watching an anti Islamic episode so I was actively witnessing someone getting indoctrinated into killing muslims and banning them which probably drove me over the edge.

I need to come up with a way to warn those people of the poo poo they're consuming without immediately getting mad. Any advice? I should probably not say or do anything if I don't know that person but seeing someone get poisoned with loving lies like that was loving unbearable. I felt like a Jewish person looking at someone enthusiastically reading mein kampf.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 08:32 on May 7, 2017

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

has julian baxter wintrich the fourth killed and eaten gateway pundit yet

he is obviously grooming that old man for cannibalism

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
This entire Milo thing with TWINKS FOR TRUMP guy and young Conservative Tree house guy is all leading to the right-wing version of DEN.

For those that dont know about DEN:

quote:

Many industry observers noted that DEN is a quintessential example of the excess and lack of control of the dot-com craze. The company's troubles mounted after its three founders, including its chairman Marc Collins-Rector (who in 2002 pleaded guilty to child enticement and must now register as a sex offender) resigned. A 75 million dollar IPO was cancelled in February 2000. DEN later filed for bankruptcy. Subsequently, civil lawsuits from Michael Egan and other DEN employees alleged sexual abuse and coercion using drugs and guns by Collins-Rector, co-founder Chad Shackley, and DEN Executive VP Brock Pierce.

The 2014 documentary An Open Secret details the men behind Digital Entertainment Network, who threw huge Hollywood parties where boys were being raped at gunpoint and being forced to do cocaine.

Also it's hilarious to see Morrow all over this. Funny enough Roger Stone, his ex-friend, is all up in this Milo business.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

uncertainty posted:

How did this Cassandra end up with the alt-right? I followed her a little bit over a year ago when she organized some dance party for an obese guy who was made fun off on the internet but was posting a lot about Bernie at that point. Seems such an unlikely person to jump on the Trump train...

the internet is dumb, and people building their entire identity around dumb internet poo poo just do more dumb poo poo

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

I met someone unironically watching Stephen crowder saying islamophobic poo poo and immediately hissed under my breath "Stephen crowder huh?! Good loving luck with that" and stormed off. I was shocked by how visceral my reaction was, i normally keep to myself when it comes to poo poo like that, What's worse is that person was watching an anti Islamic episode so I was actively witnessing someone getting indoctrinated into killing muslims and banning them which probably drove me over the edge.

I need to come up with a way to warn those people of the poo poo they're consuming without immediately getting mad. Any advice? I should probably not say or do anything if I don't know that person but seeing someone get poisoned with loving lies like that was loving unbearable. I felt like a Jewish person looking at someone enthusiastically reading mein kampf.

Can you provide a link to Crowder telling people to murder muslims?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Alienwarehouse posted:

Can you provide a link to Crowder telling people to murder muslims?

Dude you know what the gently caress I'm talking about he's part of the mass deception campaign to indoctrinate stupid people into vowing muslims with suspicion and making bad things more acceptable. They guy who shot up the Quebec mosque was directly influenced by these loving YouTube fascists.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Fair enough, but your increasingly erratic tone is obscuring your message and arguments.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

This entire Milo thing with TWINKS FOR TRUMP guy and young Conservative Tree house guy is all leading to the right-wing version of DEN.

Also it's hilarious to see Morrow all over this. Funny enough Roger Stone, his ex-friend, is all up in this Milo business.
Morrow is a crazy person but I have that itchy feeling he's that particular kind of crazy bloodhound who eventually smells a skunk.

I dunno. The whole thing gives me the creeps. There might also be a PC reluctance to accuse gay men of :reddit: given that it's a common slur but I'm a gay man and these guys are loving creeps.

Milo already said that sex between boys as young as 13 and older men are some of the *most fulfilling relationships* then after he got sacked, he's back hiring "interns" (easily coerced / who work for free) as young as 13-14-15 and hosting parties with lots of alcohol and guns lying around and (presumably) drugs in Miami of all places. Read the stuff about Milo's new business partner's background but more closely. Read the last bolded paragraph very slowly. If you were a mom or dad would you want your 13-year-old son hanging around these guys? Christ no.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 09:13 on May 7, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Montasque posted:

so thats why there are so many stories about bryan singer

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

it woudln't surprise me if there was a lot of hosed up sex poo poo happening in that "troll academy"

milo seems like the kind of guy who isn't really in control of himself and has been completely subsumed by the character he created and that's potentially a very dangerous situation even if a person isn't being paid millions of dollars to be as offensive as possible with zero apparent accountability

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

The girl in the back's pinned tweet is an ADL article saying that's not a white power hand symbol, but every picture she posts is her throwing that sign.

Seems like it's kind of a white power symbol.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
:discourse:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceGoku posted:

it woudln't surprise me if there was a lot of hosed up sex poo poo happening in that "troll academy"

milo seems like the kind of guy who isn't really in control of himself and has been completely subsumed by the character he created and that's potentially a very dangerous situation even if a person isn't being paid millions of dollars to be as offensive as possible with zero apparent accountability
the situation has got Michael Alig / Party Monster vibes and there's going to be a low-budget exploitation movie released about it one day

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 09:18 on May 7, 2017

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ScrubLeague posted:

The girl in the back's pinned tweet is an ADL article saying that's not a white power hand symbol, but every picture she posts is her throwing that sign.

more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pubd-spHN-0

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lancemantis posted:

the internet is dumb, and people building their entire identity around dumb internet poo poo just do more dumb poo poo

She's got some weird mutuals on my twitter. Benjamin Dixon, Rania Khalek, Incest Guy...

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Al-Saqr posted:

I think giving them something specific to attack helps. The problem with some forms of Islam seems to be a virulent traditionalism. This shows up in Christianity, especially when the Gospel's more misogynistic tenets are strictly upheld, as well as other places outside of religion. Traditionalism is an ingredient of fascism after all.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Stephen Crowder is the unfunniest man alive, so you should probably start with that.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

“And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as the heavens and the earth, prepared for the pious. Those who spend (in God’s Cause) in prosperity and in adversity, who repress anger, and who pardon the people; verily, God loves the good-doers.”(Quran 3:133-134)

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/860865833257623552

cool

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the biggest threat to gun rights is idiot gun owners who don't treat firearms with the respect they require

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

when can we expect a collab between Milo and Nambla?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ScrubLeague posted:

The girl in the back was or is an FBI informant, at least during occupy.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

A shame that didn't become a teachable moment.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Morrow is a crazy person but I have that itchy feeling he's that particular kind of crazy bloodhound who eventually smells a skunk.

I dunno. The whole thing gives me the creeps. There might also be a PC reluctance to accuse gay men of :reddit: given that it's a common slur but I'm a gay man and these guys are loving creeps.

Milo already said that sex between boys as young as 13 and older men are some of the *most fulfilling relationships* then after he got sacked, he's back hiring "interns" (easily coerced / who work for free) as young as 13-14-15 and hosting parties with lots of alcohol and guns lying around and (presumably) drugs in Miami of all places. Read the stuff about Milo's new business partner's background but more closely. Read the last bolded paragraph very slowly. If you were a mom or dad would you want your 13-year-old son hanging around these guys? Christ no.

yeah you pretty much hit it on the head. Also if this were 30 something year old straight guys throwing public "jail bait/barely legal for Trump" parties with girls between 13-20 with tones of booze, Coke, and guns, how would people react?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's way easier to scam right wing rubes than steal from a car.

Somewhere inside a deserted warehouse, Darryl Issa puts down his now half-empty can of gasoline and curses his lack of foresight.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

Dude you know what the gently caress I'm talking about he's part of the mass deception campaign to indoctrinate stupid people into vowing muslims with suspicion and making bad things more acceptable. They guy who shot up the Quebec mosque was directly influenced by these loving YouTube fascists.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Armed-Protestors--Members-of-Mosque-Unite-and-Have-Lunch-416530913.html

Start a conversation with them. If they're someone who is just legit ignorant about Muslims and falls into believing that crap because it's what they hear and because they've never had an opportunity to actually get to know a Muslim person, you can do a ton of good by just talking to them and personally disputing the narrative in a calm and reasoned way and answering questions they may have about Islam. It's really surprising how many people don't understand the diversity of thought and practice within Islam and who see it as basically a single set of beliefs shared by all Muslims across the globe, and just disputing that alone can be huge.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Azathoth posted:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Armed-Protestors--Members-of-Mosque-Unite-and-Have-Lunch-416530913.html

Start a conversation with them. If they're someone who is just legit ignorant about Muslims and falls into believing that crap because it's what they hear and because they've never had an opportunity to actually get to know a Muslim person, you can do a ton of good by just talking to them and personally disputing the narrative in a calm and reasoned way and answering questions they may have about Islam. It's really surprising how many people don't understand the diversity of thought and practice within Islam and who see it as basically a single set of beliefs shared by all Muslims across the globe, and just disputing that alone can be huge.

you friend are far too rational.

Most folks would not do this though.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Not sure the dudes from the mosque totally changed their minds but that happened not far from me, and I don't think the protestors have been back. They were from rural areas and had probably never met a Muslim before. Then the guys are like "hey wanna have lunch?" and the protestors are like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

I think a lot of people who are reading Islamophobic stuff are interested in Islam, since it is important, but the messages they're getting about it have been monopolized by Steven Crowder types.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

sneakyfrog posted:

you friend are far too rational.

Most folks would not do this though.
I'm not saying take them out to lunch, but just say something to them like "man, I wish these people wouldn't judge all Muslims because of what those dipshit terrorists do" and see how they react. If they're interested in talking, they'll respond with something other than a disinterested grunt, and if they aren't interested in talking, just walk away, but if they respond, just let the conversation flow from there. There's no rational argument you can make with people who already believe that "Muslim == terrorist" but just having a short conversation, even if it's just a quick exchange can actually be helpful to humanize Muslims to someone who legit doesn't know what to believe.

Not sure the dudes from the mosque totally changed their minds but that happened not far from me, and I don't think the protestors have been back. They were from rural areas and had probably never met a Muslim before. Then the guys are like "hey wanna have lunch?" and the protestors are like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

I think a lot of people who are reading Islamophobic stuff are interested in Islam, since it is important, but the messages they're getting about it have been monopolized by Steven Crowder types.
Yeah, I'm not saying that in one conversation that they're gonna go from protesting a mosque to thinking that Muslims are cool, but there's nothing that someone could do in a single encounter to change that. However, al-Saqr asked specifically what to do in that situation, and I think that just talking with the person, even if the conversation turns to sports or some other ordinary topic is big. The narrative that Crowder types want to push is that all Muslims are secretly sleeper agents just waiting for an opportunity to kill, and the best way to push against that is to show them that it's not true by just being a normal person.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I blame Foucault for everything

https://twitter.com/Aelkus/status/861251996011155456

https://twitter.com/Aelkus/status/861254495795281923

https://twitter.com/Aelkus/status/861255380772564993

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
remind me which one hahn is again

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

remind me which one hahn is again
former breitbart reporter, bannon protegee and now special assistant to the pres

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

are the parents of 13-15 year olds really letting their kids be part of whatever the gently caress milo is doing

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

kids that young should be riding bikes and playing Pokémon. not doing Coke.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Jose posted:

are the parents of 13-15 year olds really letting their kids be part of whatever the gently caress milo is doing

Probably? I mean, there's some extremely bad and stupid parents out there so yeah, especially if its a chance for fame and fortune as I'm sure Milo is going to sell it to them. Plus Milo is conservative, he's one of the good ones.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Jose posted:

a lot of kids get abused in the entertainment industry because parents are dumb and gullible and think it's their ticket to an A-lister lifestyle

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SpaceGoku posted:

a lot of kids get abused in the entertainment industry because parents are dumb and gullible and think it's their ticket to an A-lister lifestyle

this is incredibly true.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

oh yeah, milo is gonna molest/gently caress some of them and i am sure it will get dug up, probaly by some Reagan battalion assholes or people like them. he will be cut off again and probably thrown in jail and the evangelicals will use it as sighn that no gays should be in the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i think you guys are doing a bit of pearl clutching with regards to milo and interns. my take on the whole thing is that this is mostly a scam and the people that gave milo money for this poo poo aren't going to see any real return on their investments as far as milo's impact goes. but i could also be wrong and milo will become the new face of the conservatism which would be funny since it would drive cruzites and other evangelicals insane.