Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Now that I've seen Get Out, I have my idea on how Brigitte Macron managed to land a qt like Emmanuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

You mean he's a goon?

It did sound angstily aggressive, yet familiar...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Threadkiller Dog posted:

My brother recently called Macron "Just another Rothschild banker, with a pederast wife". How worried should I be about the internet sites he frequents? :ohdear:

Well it is accurate. ◌̄ did work at a Rothschild bank; and his affair with his wife started when he was minor.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Well it is accurate. ◌̄ did work at a Rothschild bank; and his affair with his wife started when he was minor.

Something can be technically correct, yet sound quite unsettling when your swedish manchild 30-year brother uses it to aggressively complain about a french presidential candidate.

But I'm glad he's not quoting directly from some conspiracy page, so thanks :)

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Threadkiller Dog posted:

Something can be technically correct, yet sound quite unsettling when your swedish manchild 30-year brother uses it to aggressively complain about a french presidential candidate.

But I'm glad he's not quoting directly from some conspiracy page, so thanks :)
Out of the mouth of man-babes.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

you fascist yet? how is it going?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
im dying

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

you fascist yet? how is it going?

Give it more time, it's like cheese and wine. Needs to age for a while.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
europol: votez escroc, not facho 2.0: fascism boogaloo

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looking forward to the posts here about how sexist France is for not voting for a woman and instead going for the former businessman with limited political experience who made unrealistic promises about cutting the size of the government

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Looking forward to the posts here about how sexist France is for not voting for a woman and instead going for the former businessman with limited political experience who made unrealistic promises about cutting the size of the government

yea. also 20 more pages until 420 :420:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Can't remember who made the joke earlier in the thread but: "Marine Le Pen is such an inspiration! She smashed the glass ceiling so hard we'll call it a Kristallnacht."

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Post back about how they clearly don't have a grip on the ~intersectionality~ inherent in the Le Pen/Macron contest!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Geriatric Pirate posted:

comparing easyD to Macron is like comparing a mentally handicapped fat shepherd dog that can't tell a wolf from a sparrow to a nobel laureate with 10 PhDs

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Shockingly, Le Pen not winning overseas

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

so i just voted

for macron

twice, because i also voted by proxy for a fellow Mélenchon voter

i too long for the sweet embrace of death

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Macron is going to win

https://twitter.com/lesoir/status/861224218389884929

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
No le Penn is going to win because we're in the dark timeline.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

Macron is going to win

No poo poo, sherlock

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Flowers For Algeria posted:

so i just voted for macron twice
Wow, voter fraud. If Le Pen gets more than one third of the vote, she would have won.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
Overseas Departments and Territories
Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon : Macron 63.3%, Le Pen 36.7%
Saint-Barthélemy : Macron 58.4%, Le Pen 41.6%
Saint-Martin : Macron 67.6%, Le Pen 32.4%
Guadeloupe : Macron 75.1% , Le Pen 24.9%
Martinique : Macron 77.5, Le Pen 22.5%
Guyane : Macron 65%, Le Pen 35%
United States
New-York : Macron 94.7%, Le Pen 5.3%
Chicago / Midwest : Macron 92%, Le Pen 8%
Boston : Macron 95.7%, Le Pen 4.3%

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

DutchDupe posted:

United States
New-York : Macron 94.7%, Le Pen 5.3%
Chicago / Midwest : Macron 92%, Le Pen 8%
Boston : Macron 95.7%, Le Pen 4.3%

Wow I wonder what force could possibly Inspire american-based French citizens to vote against a populist nationalist in such numbers :iiam:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

yea. also 20 more pages until 420 :420:

Surely in this thread it's 420 :godwinning:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

so i just voted

for macron

twice, because i also voted by proxy for a fellow Mélenchon voter

i too long for the sweet embrace of death

Thank you for your sacrifice in the fight against fascism Comrade

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
What on earth is with the 35% in Guyana in particular who voted for Le Pen? "She'll keep the colored folks out of France :toot: "

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Quorum posted:

Wow I wonder what force could possibly Inspire american-based French citizens to vote against a populist nationalist in such numbers :iiam:

E-mails are a thing of the past.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

What on earth is with the 35% in Guyana in particular who voted for Le Pen? "She'll keep the colored folks out of France :toot: "

Someone check for me that white population in French Guyana is around ~35% pwease :3

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Quorum posted:

I know you're going for a Trump jab here, but as a group expats are generally more educated, wealthy and open minded than average. All of those traits are pretty anti-fascist in nature so I'm not surprised at those numbers.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Someone check for me that white population in French Guyana is around ~35% pwease :3

It's less than 5%, but conversely I'm betting virtually all French expats in the US are white. Oops

Macron apparently knows jack poo poo about the overseas territories, maybe that's why Le Pen did surprisingly well there.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 7, 2017

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Lots of customs officers and Légion Étrangère service members in Guyane.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lots of customs officers and Légion Étrangère service members in Guyane.

arent you a customs officers

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Seph posted:

more educated, wealthy and open minded than average. All of those traits are pretty anti-fascist in nature
Hmm.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Seph posted:

I know you're going for a Trump jab here, but as a group expats are generally more educated, wealthy and open minded than average. All of those traits are pretty anti-fascist in nature so I'm not surprised at those numbers.

Voting against a fascist doesn't make one an anti-fascist. These are people who settled in the Mecca of liberalism, of course they'll heartily support a young cute male Hillary Clinton.

Kurtofan posted:

arent you a customs officers

Customs agents of the surveillance branch are about as smart as your average member of the Police Nationale.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

European population of French Guyana is ~15%, the majority are mixed-race, I assume.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Le Pen has traditionally been the "gently caress you" protest vote, and Guyana is going through its biggest unrest ever, so that's probably the explanation.

I mean they're literally rioting because they want more schools, more hospitals, more courts of justice and, over all, more functioning institutions and public services; and on these topics Macron is Fillon-lite. Macron is not going to give the Guyanais what they want, he's ideologically against.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 7, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
5 min until the next stop of the Schulzzug.

Update:

it crashed (CDU 34%, SPD 27%)

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 7, 2017

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Quite a few soldiers around Paris, especially at the Louvre, but don't think it's any different than last few weeks. I didn't vote because my candidate, Jill Stein, didn't make the runoff. Also I'm a dirty expat.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

canepazzo posted:

Quite a few soldiers around Paris, especially at the Louvre, but don't think it's any different than last few weeks. I didn't vote because my candidate, Jill Stein, didn't make the runoff. Also I'm a dirty expat.
Macron actually plan to celebrate his victory in front of the Louvre's Pyramide.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah I'm trying to get into the Bois de Vincennes and it's entirely cordoned. Cops and DPS trash everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
looks like France just might be Nazi bitch surrender babies after all. we'll find out in a couple of hours.