Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
Everything is straight issued, yeah. Is that the one with the dial on the back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nah, it's just their H harness I think? Like a normal one except way more comfortable/stable and significantly easier to adjust.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I got two pairs of those with dials on the back, don't like them too much. Flimsy. The issued ones are more solid.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Pretty nice deal on CCI Minimags right here

http://palmettostatearmory.com/cci-...aily+Deal+Email

$9 for 100, free shipping with 10+ boxes :toot:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 30, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Glad that the days of having to buy Ely because there's literally nothing else left available are gone.

For now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

not caring here posted:

Glad that the days of having to buy Ely because there's literally nothing else left available are gone.

For now.

Yeah I've been seeing standard stuff a bit more frequently now. Course I'm still tempted to get nice poo poo like Eley just because, but being able to get a few boxes of bulk Winchester or whatever at the hardware store again is nice.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think I've still got a brick of the stuff. It's super clean and accurate as can be, but holy moly I'd only use it on the reg if I was in competition.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really need to buckle down and get a FOID card so I can start buying weird guns like the Rhino

I really just want my dumb space revolver

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Professor Bling posted:

I really need to buckle down and get a FOID card so I can start buying weird guns like the Rhino

I really just want my dumb space revolver

It's pretty fun. The low barrel means there's very little flip when using .38 but conversely .357 stings because all the energy is going into your hand instead of pushing the muzzle up.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Vaguely considering one of these Franklin Arms binary triggers for my suppressed .22LR SBR. Stupid idea, or awesome idea? Or both at the same time?

https://vimeo.com/208240887

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Isn't the law one round per trigger squeeze to not be NFA? How does this skirt that?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Isn't the law one round per trigger squeeze to not be NFA? How does this skirt that?

I'm going to just guess that they managed to get someone to accept the notion that squeeze and release are two separate actions. Just a wild-rear end guess, though.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

McNally posted:

I'm going to just guess that they managed to get someone to accept the notion that squeeze and release are two separate actions. Just a wild-rear end guess, though.

Ding ding ding

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well if that's the case a few more videos like that go viral and I'm sure there's gonna be some knocking on people's doors.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

They've been in the works for a while, the ATF is well aware of them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Unless I had that engraved in a steel slab by the ATF there is no way in hell I'd get one

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Soon you'll be able to buy those stupid two finger rocker triggers like paintball guns have. Who needs accuracy?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

You mean like this?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
About that size, yes, but instead of pulling straight back or pivoting near the top of the trigger, they pivot about their middle. They're electronic; squeezing the top half of the trigger counts as a trigger pull and squeezing the bottom half of the trigger counts as a trigger pull. Combine that functionality with a nearly nonexistent pull weight, and you get triggers that allow people to just alternate tapping their forefinger and middle finger on the top and bottom halves to spew paintballs like a hose.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That looks like a tool to make bump firing easier

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Rather than ask TFR, is there any reason E-Triggers would be illegal? I understand that under the NFA you can't have it shoot more than one bullet per trigger action but is there a rule that it has to be a mechanical linkage? Because if not i've got an extra 10-22 that I might experiment on, i've got a ton of electronic components around.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It would fly until they re-interpret the law to be one trigger squeeze by an actual human hand and inadvertently ban anybody with a prosthetic arm :v:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Rather than ask TFR, is there any reason E-Triggers would be illegal? I understand that under the NFA you can't have it shoot more than one bullet per trigger action but is there a rule that it has to be a mechanical linkage? Because if not i've got an extra 10-22 that I might experiment on, i've got a ton of electronic components around.

I think its illegal because it would be easy to modify it to be full auto.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Reverand maynard posted:

I think its illegal because it would be easy to modify it to be full auto.

That would be a weird case because you can modify mechanical triggers too.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah but that is harder to do than simply rewiring an electronic trigger to pull the trigger three times if you press button once

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

IIRC, the key phrase is "readily convertible". This is why the ATF disallows a lot of semi auto guns that fire from an open bolt. If your setup is a wire running to an actuator that trips a conventional sear, you're probably OK, and I believe there are several high end target pistols that use such a set up. OTOH, if the only thing keeping it from firing full loving automatic is the firmware in the trigger pack, they're probably going to take a dim view of that.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

On the other hand, there's no way that an outright ban on electronic fire controls would ever hold up in court.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Naked Bear posted:

On the other hand, there's no way that an outright ban on electronic fire controls would ever hold up in court.

You try explaining to a 65 yr old judge that what you're doing is on the level while the ADA and an ATF agent stand on the other side saying, "it's a machine gun."

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I seem to recall certain electronic triggers are legal. Remington even made a gun that used one. Maybe it was just electronic primers.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

If approached correctly, I think it's entirely possible to build an electronic trigger from discrete components that could only ever do one thing for each action of another thing, yes. The amount of effort required to change that functionality would be equivalent to and no different from someone making their own select fire components for a mechanical fire control group.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I seem to recall certain electronic triggers are legal. Remington even made a gun that used one. Maybe it was just electronic primers.
Yep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qP6Q9ZEsEo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i have one of those bcgs that lets you fire .22lr out of a standard ar15 receiver. i let it get sorta dirty, like i didnt clean it after a range trip, and the next time i brought it out, it eventually started firing 2-3 round bursts every time i pulled the trigger. this was completely inadvertent on my part, i didnt expect carbon fouling to turn it into a sometimes burst fire weapon. i thought it was kinda funny so i recorded it, then posted the vid in tfr. queue a bunch of loving pantywipes sperging about how im a bad person for violating the nfa or some poo poo

what im saying is tfr is dumb so gently caress them

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
did they ever make bump firing illegal or what

just wondering

i used to like tfr but them dudes well

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

that's why i made this thread brother :hfive:

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

did they ever make bump firing illegal or what

just wondering

i used to like tfr but them dudes well

i don't think the ATF has ever given a poo poo about bump firing. i think some things that modify a gun to make it easier have been ruled on though, like the whole shoe lace thing right?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
IDK where I was going with that nevermind, just found it silly that tfr would get mad at KFFF

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The shoelace was ruled as a machinegun and later ruled to not be a machinegun since somebody at the ATF decided that was retarded.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

The tactilol thread was great, but now it's awful poo poo with a bunch of gun hipsters trying to be kool kontrarian kids and saying how brilliant the poo poo is

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

IDK where I was going with that nevermind, just found it silly that tfr would get mad at KFFF

same dude, don't apologize.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I built a thing.

Except for the toothpick holding the gas tube in place - mangled the roll pin trying to install it, new pin on order

Quack quack.

I managed to get a new-in-the-wrapper hand guard for only five bucks!

But they only had right side hand guards.

Old school charging handle.

What's a forward assist and why would the bolt carrier be serrated?

Man, it's hard to manually lock the bolt back. Also I was unsuccessful at completely avoiding errant brass mallet marks. The fucker took the tape up as it went and left brass scuffs behind.

Next step: Find where the hell my laser bore sight is and get the sights relatively close to pointing in front of the rifle!

McNally fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 11, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

I built a thing.

Except for the toothpick holding the gas tube in place - mangled the roll pin trying to install it, new pin on order

Quack quack.

I managed to get a new-in-the-wrapper hand guard for only five bucks!

But they only had right side hand guards.

Old school charging handle.

What's a forward assist and why would the bolt carrier be serrated?

Man, it's hard to manually lock the bolt back. Also I was unsuccessful at completely avoiding errant brass mallet marks. The fucker took the tape up as it went and left brass scuffs behind.

Next step: Find where the hell my laser bore sight is and get the sights relatively close to pointing in front of the rifle!

Are you going to be the first kid on your block to get a confirmed kill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That's pretty sweet, I've got a thing for unmolested M-16s/Vietnam era looking ones.