Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Is this video only going to be uploaded in 360p?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
You bunch of silly romantics.

TAKE THE $200m.

It's TWO HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS in money!

For nothing!

With no risk!

Now that I think about it, why are we supporting this post-modern colonial warlord anyway? Angola for the Angolans.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Tell Von Hoff he has a chance to grab a cool 200 million if he's willing to send a unit and one of our Shilkas to St. Helena on one of our cargo planes. Leak the offer to the world press. Send a bouquet of black wilted roses. Under no circumstances are we to take the offer.

Also two things:

Is there a 5 mil expense I missed on the payout? The bonus is 61 mil, and the weapons expenses are 55.5 mil, so it feels like the final payout should be higher.

Also, by my count, our side now controls the majority of the Lithium mines in Angola. Neat.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

TildeATH posted:

TAKE THE $200m.

For nothing!

With no risk!

Now that I think about it, why are we supporting this post-modern colonial warlord anyway? Angola for the Angolans.

I dont expect him to hold up his end of the bargain.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

married but discreet posted:

Is this video only going to be uploaded in 360p?

Usually youtube processes the low res stuff first; if you try again some nebulous amount of time later it should have better options.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TildeATH posted:

TAKE THE $200m.

For nothing!

With no risk!

Because we just got our per-mission lithium payment up to 90,000,000 and it's going to continue to increase.

Also because we haven't killed Reddit yet and I'll be damned if we cut and run until the streets run red with the blood and we hear only the sobbing of their virtual waifus.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Evacuate? In our moment of Triumph?

Stay.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I mean, there's technically ways to ensure payment. He could put the money in escrow with a Swiss bank; they're not within the bribe range of a tinpot dictator.

Even so, stay.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So, idea on the dictator's offer: if we're willing to not keep that money, we can gently caress him over and send a message to future employers.

What we do is we pull our people out of Angola, while "selling" our assets to the Count. We fly to Paris and collect the diamonds. Then we fly back to Angola, "buy" our stuff back with the diamonds, and publicly thank the dictator for his $200 million contribution to the County.

Edit: Obviously we tell the Count about all this first.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 7, 2017

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
You people make me sick and give a bad name to mercenaries everywhere.

Yooper make sure to remember this moment when Hired Goons needs to fracture into a team of idealistic yokels and another of hard-biting win-at-all-cost snakes.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Davin Valkri posted:

Tell Von Hoff he has a chance to grab a cool 200 million if he's willing to send a unit and one of our Shilkas to St. Helena on one of our cargo planes. Leak the offer to the world press. Send a bouquet of black wilted roses. Under no circumstances are we to take the offer.

Also two things:

Is there a 5 mil expense I missed on the payout? The bonus is 61 mil, and the weapons expenses are 55.5 mil, so it feels like the final payout should be higher.

Also, by my count, our side now controls the majority of the Lithium mines in Angola. Neat.

Yeah, the payout is short a cool 5 Mil. :tinfoil:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

TildeATH posted:

You people make me sick and give a bad name to mercenaries everywhere.

Yooper make sure to remember this moment when Hired Goons needs to fracture into a team of idealistic yokels and another of hard-biting win-at-all-cost snakes.

Mercs who backstab employers without those employers breaching contract first have a hard time finding more work afterwards.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

The Sandman posted:

Mercs who backstab employers without those employers breaching contract first have a hard time finding more work afterwards.

Not according to every cool mere video game and comic book. The backstabbing snakes are always the highest paid, getting the awesome contract and screwing over the good guy protagonist faction.

We could easily manufacture a breach-of-contract. You're soft, this whole drat outfit is soft. We need cluster napalm and hospital pavewaying and TWO HUNDRED MILLION IN DIAMONDS.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Tell the Dictator to gently caress off. We're Staying.

Besides if we prove we're reliable to any future employers, we can leverage that for better pay.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

TildeATH posted:

Not according to every cool mere video game and comic book. The backstabbing snakes are always the highest paid, getting the awesome contract and screwing over the good guy protagonist faction.

We could easily manufacture a breach-of-contract. You're soft, this whole drat outfit is soft. We need cluster napalm and hospital pavewaying and TWO HUNDRED MILLION IN DIAMONDS.

Those who seek strength will find a hundred authoritarian governments to pay their dues. Our outfit is for those live for pride, and those who live to read the tides of battle.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Maybe tell current boss we got the offer, and need a payraise to stay?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Davin Valkri posted:

Those who seek strength will find a hundred authoritarian governments to pay their dues. Our outfit is for those live for pride, and those who live to read the tides of battle.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
I might be a corruptible mercenary bastard but even I say we reject the offer and run all of Angola for our own profit once we boot the Dictator out. Or if not the whole country, at least we keep as many lithium mines as we can as an investment for the future. It's good to diversify the company portfolio to include profits from mineral wealth. Buys us more goodies in the long run than some diamonds would.

PS: Shoot down all helicopters, loot the wreckage afterwards. Just in case.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Dreamsicle posted:

Tell the Dictator to gently caress off. We're Staying.

Besides if we prove we're reliable to any future employers, we can leverage that for better pay.

Shhhh shhhhhhhh, hear that?

"cluster napalm"

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Putting aside personal morals or professional standards, I'd never take a bribe from a dictator so incompetent he can't defeat crowd-voting goons.

To the bitter end and for Von Hoff, Gunnes!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

SlightlyMad posted:

I might be a corruptible mercenary bastard but even I say we reject the offer and run all of Angola for our own profit once we boot the Dictator out. Or if not the whole country, at least we keep as many lithium mines as we can as an investment for the future. It's good to diversify the company portfolio to include profits from mineral wealth. Buys us more goodies in the long run than some diamonds would.

PS: Shoot down all helicopters, loot the wreckage afterwards. Just in case.

This seems like more our style.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I would advice against any attempt to screw the dictator out of his bribe money. While it would be funny, it would set a bad precedent and may make other people who might otherwise be willing to make a deal with you, second guess that decision.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Bet you Free State would take the offer. What if we told them about it, and had them leave?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The Sandman posted:

So, idea on the dictator's offer: if we're willing to not keep that money, we can gently caress him over and send a message to future employers.

What we do is we pull our people out of Angola, while "selling" our assets to the Count. We fly to Paris and collect the diamonds. Then we fly back to Angola, "buy" our stuff back with the diamonds, and publicly thank the dictator for his $200 million contribution to the County.

Edit: Obviously we tell the Count about all this first.

This is a good plan

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Ikasuhito posted:

I would advice against any attempt to screw the dictator out of his bribe money. While it would be funny, it would set a bad precedent and may make other people who might otherwise be willing to make a deal with you, second guess that decision.

It says "once we're on contract, you can trust us even when the other guy tries to buy us off with an obscene amount of money"

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Ikasuhito posted:

This is a matter of somebody explicitly trying to get us to breach contract as an organization. We want to send a message that this poo poo is not acceptable in the future.

Bluntly, the dictator is insulting us. We don't tolerate insults.

If he wanted to directly negotiate with the Count to buy out our contract, or if the Count was stiffing us on our paychecks, it would be a different story. But he's not, and we gain more from making it clear that we stay bought and trying to gently caress with us over that means we make you a laughingstock.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No, don't screw with the dictator, do publically decline the offer

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Now is the time we should totally send him flowers and a card.

Definitely.

A picture of Rohan flipping Delvanos the bird.

(That's a NOPE)

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 20:10 on May 7, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ask De Beers how much they'll pay for us to blow up a plane.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Night10194 posted:

Now is the time we should totally send him flowers and a card.

A .gif of a penis going from flaccid to fully erect.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
take the money you idiots

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
We can craft a card with some words to the effect of NO.

Sooner or later the Dictator will try to fly a plane or whirlybird out of the country with the diamonds and all the cash he hasn't squirreled away in foreign bank accounts. Therefore, summa summarum, in final words:

Omnes helicoptera delenda esse. :hist101:

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So he's gonna hide a Bell 525 full of diamonds next to a tourist landmark in Paris? Good luck with that.

Stay and finish the job, dictator's proposal stinks.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Gervasius posted:

So he's gonna hide a Bell 525 full of diamonds next to a tourist landmark in Paris? Good luck with that.

Stay and finish the job, dictator's proposal stinks.

I'm pretty sure that by "Napoleon's Grave" he means the landmark on the island of St. Helena, which is a fair ways off the Angolan coast, and not the site in Paris.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

We need a video put up on all the usual social outlets of us doing a box opening of this offer, followed by a pack of hyenas laughing. Cut to cardboard cutout of Delvanios holding the briefcase. Cut to Kfir or Gripen streaking overhead. Another cut to the cutout getting blown to poo poo with a paveway.

"Hayard Günnes, you can rely on us."

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011

Loel posted:

Bet you Free State would take the offer. What if we told them about it, and had them leave?

Not to pick on you or anything but we're gonna tear those free staters a new one!

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davin Valkri posted:

I'm pretty sure that by "Napoleon's Grave" he means the landmark on the island of St. Helena, which is a fair ways off the Angolan coast, and not the site in Paris.

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Third possibility would be to take the bribe and offer our Gripens to the count for $100m.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
At this point I'm wondering if we want to target the Free State next. The dictator is pinned down in Luanda whereas they have free reign to inflict anime on the poor public. I bet with one good bloody nose they'll be sent running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Don't take that bribe!

We'll make far more money staying in, plus ruin our future employment prospects if we leave. Finish the job we've been paid to do!