Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Maybe it's just because I'm not listening to the podcast through eight thousand dollar headphones but Matt sounds fine imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

I Before E posted:

Maybe it's just because I'm not listening to the podcast through eight thousand dollar headphones but Matt sounds fine imo

I used sennheiser hd 280pros which are studio monitors (which maybe most people don't know, are very affordable and usually better than most headphones in the same price bracket) and he sounds very tinny, depending on what audio information is there to even tweak you could probably pull some of that back in, but I assume brendan's already tried that and gotten nowhere

thing with audio is, there's not like a ton that can be done to it if the recording itself was recorded in a hosed way

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The Narrator posted:

Guys, I wanna talk about Cat Doter. Today's episode is brought to you by Cat Doter, the premiere choice in podcasting consulting. Cat Doter has a range of tips and techniques to get your podcast sounding better. In five minutes or less, Cat Doter can help you eliminate feedback, reverb and tinniness, and remotely walk you through the setup of your podcasting equipment. Our podcast wouldn't be as crisp and listenable as it is today without the expertise and guidance of Cat Doter. Enter promo code "RGD" at checkout for a fifty percent discount of your first session. Cat Doter: Dote Yourself

YOU TALKED TO OBAMA WITH THIS poo poo

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

cat doter posted:

I've actually thought about starting a little side business thing where I consult with people starting up podcasts and I help them through audio issues and stuff

this is noble as gently caress

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Puppy Galaxy posted:

this is noble as gently caress

Also, if you can figure out a way to reliably do it remotely, it's not bad business sense. It seems like everyone and their mom (including me) wants to start a podcast, and the most reliable way to make money on a gold rush is to sell gold pans, so to speak.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah and in one eposode Matt explicitly references a "a post from something awful" as his favorite.

That was Felix and it was the first post on this page. http://www.somethingawful.com/great-goon-database/great-goon-best/1/

Slanderer posted:

also, gently caress you, they have literally said the opposite. when all of the funny people from FYAD left for weird twitter, they carried SA memes with them.

Matt said he and Will weren't on Somethingawful but Felix has specifically mentioned reading Somethingawful in the past. Calm down.

[O.P. please add the above info to the O.P.]

Who is that in Will's twitter av?

Guy Goodbody posted:

At least Matt is about the same volume as everybody else. I tried to listen to Whale Vomit in the car, and there's about a three decibel range where the guy is loud enough to hear over the sound of the engine and Amber isn't painfully loud

I like Whale Vomit, but not as much as Chapo. It's less jokey but I appreciate the analysis. Now that I think of it, Whale Vomit and Cum Town are basically what you'd get if you separated Chapo into it's component parts.

That being said I do find Sam Kriss annoying at times. Unlike Amber or Matt who can get deep into something but still be down to earth about it, Sam only speaks in metaphors like of those Star Trek aliens.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I think it's Mickey Rourke?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

mickey rourke

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

That was Felix and it was the first post on this page. http://www.somethingawful.com/great-goon-database/great-goon-best/1/

Matt said he and Will weren't on Somethingawful but Felix has specifically mentioned reading Somethingawful in the past. Calm down.

[O.P. please add the above info to the O.P.]

My take away from this is that goon posts were exponentially longer back in the mid-aughts

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
That post is so good, gotta find the fragmaster reading of it

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

That being said I do find Sam Kriss annoying at times. Unlike Amber or Matt who can get deep into something but still be down to earth about it, Sam only speaks in metaphors like of those Star Trek aliens.

anyone who quotes lacan as heavily as him shouldn't be taken too seriously

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

The Muppets On PCP posted:

anyone who quotes lacan as heavily as him shouldn't be taken too seriously

Matt quoted Lacan a week or two ago and it broke my heart. I thought he was different :negative:

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I've only ever listened to Uhh Yeah Dude and recently picked up Chapo so I've never had to listen to the hosts read ad copy because those are both ad free shows but holy poo poo. I was in the car with my gf and she was listening to a Heather Dubrose(?) podcast and I can't believe the reading ad copy thing is normal and people are okay with it. I much prefer the patreon model.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I just skip ads. Dunno what the big deal is. It's the same as not having them there and it doesn't cost anything other than a few seconds of scrubbing

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
A message from Dr. Gorka! https://twitter.com/jadomian/status/861231212358230017

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I would watch a show about a fascist who talks like a supervillain in the white house who is hated even by his allies and constantly fucks around and nobody knows what he's doing there

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

HAIL GORKA

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/JAdomian/status/861234700765061120
James has such a hold on this character its awesome

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Lord Frisk posted:

I just skip ads. Dunno what the big deal is. It's the same as not having them there and it doesn't cost anything other than a few seconds of scrubbing

I just tell myself it's a delightful nod to old style radio dramas where Ronald Reagan would break character halfway through to talk about General Electric or whatever

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This is Hell doesn't do any ads either. It is also very good.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Trabisnikof posted:

Would you prefer they make them longer by pretending to mock the ads then have to kiss rear end to the sponsor to make up for their weak sauce insults? That's an option too!

Just a...PSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9L6MRL74Vo
If you're going to do live reads, study Ron and Fez first.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
If you're going to poo poo on your sponsor you better poo poo on them properly, e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGczCl6_L_o

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
Norm is also a pro.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Hollywood Handbook is great for not only making their ad-reads into elaborate running bits that are actually funny, but also making GBS threads on the dumber ones, like this series of Cards Against Humanity ads that I believe caused them to pull their sponsorship. Especially funny because normally CAH ads are just "This episode was sponsored by Cards Against Humanity, who asked us not to read an ad," but then Sean and Hayes proceed to spend like two minutes making GBS threads on them for how "epic" and "rando" and "twisted" it is to do that.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Crindee posted:

Hollywood Handbook is great for not only making their ad-reads into elaborate running bits that are actually funny, but also making GBS threads on the dumber ones, like this series of Cards Against Humanity ads that I believe caused them to pull their sponsorship. Especially funny because normally CAH ads are just "This episode was sponsored by Cards Against Humanity, who asked us not to read an ad," but then Sean and Hayes proceed to spend like two minutes making GBS threads on them for how "epic" and "rando" and "twisted" it is to do that.

lmao

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"Mister Chapo" has to be my favorite saying ever now. And, yes, James Adomian has a perfect grasp of the craziness that is Sebastian 'Seb' Gorka.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

lmao adomian is the best

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Crindee posted:

lol

i regret sleeping on HH for like a year because I thought it was actually about hollywood or something

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 7, 2017

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I love how he refers to the pod as "Mr Chapo" so much.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Crindee posted:

Nothing will ever beat Bill Burr in loving tears laughing at Shari's Berries during his first live read:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl5JDzvkEA0

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This guy is stealing valor from brave Centurions

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lorica with denim?

who is ur commanding legatus?!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

https://twitter.com/tinybaby/status/861346258937499648

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

*follows him around the mall shouting questions and scribbling furiously on a clay tablet to post in the acropolis later*

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

lorica with denim?

who is ur commanding legatus?!

I bet he doesn't even pronounce Caesar right

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

what is this weird fash on fash violence

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

what is this weird fash on fash violence

Apparently the only fight in New Orleans was between alt right nazis from out of town scuffling with local racists

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

a glut of labor is making competition fiercer at the racism factory. some squabbles are bound to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

TheBigAristotle posted:

Wearing a lorica with trousers instead of a skirt?

Degenerates like him belong on a cross.