Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

r/ds mod posted:

We've been discussing the same thing. Our loose timeline would have us disable comments if/when 3.0 is released. That's not a guarantee, just a ballpark figure based on the discussions we've had.

:laugh:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Chris has bigger tits than Sandi: CONFIRMED

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
BDCFE! https://gfycat.com/MerryLightheartedEastsiberianlaika

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

And I walked over to the bench there, the game developer bench... where they put you if you may not be able to make a good videogame. Peter Molyneux, Chris Roberts, Derek Smart... Derek Smart sitting right there on the bench next to me!

And they was mean and nasty and horrible game devs sitting on the bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest game developer of them all, was coming over to be and he was mean and ugly and nasty and horrible and all kinds of things and he sat down and said, "Ever do motion capture?" I said "I didn't capture anything I just lost $50 and can't even play yet"

He said, "What are you here for, kid" And I said, "Releasing a videogame" and they all moved away from me on the bench there and they was being all kinds of mean and nasty things until I said "...without most of its features" and they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench, talking about funding, cutting content, minimum viable products. And everything was fine, we was smoking cigarettes and all kinds of things until the Lawyer came over.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

That's amazing.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

A wild Seraph appears!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Decrepus posted:

And I walked over to the bench there, the game developer bench... where they put you if you may not be able to make a good videogame. Peter Molyneux, Chris Roberts, Derek Smart... Derek Smart sitting right there on the bench next to me!

And they was mean and nasty and horrible game devs sitting on the bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest game developer of them all, was coming over to be and he was mean and ugly and nasty and horrible and all kinds of things and he sat down and said, "Ever do motion capture?" I said "I didn't capture anything I just lost $50 and can't even play yet"

He said, "What are you here for, kid" And I said, "Releasing a videogame" and they all moved away from me on the bench there and they was being all kinds of mean and nasty things until I said "...without most of its features" and they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench, talking about funding, cutting content, minimum viable products. And everything was fine, we was smoking cigarettes and all kinds of things until the Lawyer came over.

:golfclap: 5 Arlo Guthries!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Slow_Moe posted:

It's funny how the reddit idiots think they can argue themselves out of having to provide proof for their bullshit. It is eerily similar to freemen-of-the-land trying their faux legalese bollocks to get out of traffic tickets or whatever.

They're Sovereign Star Citizens.

:vince:

My space mop has a gold fringe!

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

:vince:

My space mop has a gold fringe!

I DO NOT CONSENT TO THE INEVITABLE CONSEQUENCE OF PIRACY!

:sureboat:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Actually I am NOT driving, I am travellin *jitters off wildly into space*

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Beet's Discount Tires

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

One day if we're lucky :cig: will bring themselves up to :pgi: standards :toot:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/69pb27/mechwarrior_zoom_this_over_current_zoom_option_yes/

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mirificus posted:

A few revisions later

I noticed how he refused to answer if he has a Reddit alt or not, despite OSC asking him several times. Instead he is deflecting and accusing him of insults and threats. This despite the fact that nothing of that nature exists in OSC posts.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

OldSchoolCmdr isn't Derek. He's worse than Derek.

Please do not let him start posting here.

Well, he says that he's not posting here, on /r/DerekSmart/ or on my forums because he wants to remain objective :negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Derek ate my homework

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know i f Mirificus posted this but Dolvak did a drive-by "YOU ARE DEREK" post that got this reply

So it escalated into this with special guest start *streetroller*

But now, well now...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Derek ate my homework

it's a 50/50 chance whether it was him or Legal

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's a drat bloodbath!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

weird softcore sexy retro sci fi will always be the best

while i admire old school commander's moxy and resilience, somethin tells me he'd be better off savin his breath for coolin pies. like, massive walls of text aren't going to get you anywhere. the biggest indictment of star citizen is the horrifically broken, buggy, hosed-in-the-rear end game they keep pretending to update. if a backer is able to look past that and still want to throw more money into the abyss, no online argument is gonna win them back over

on the other hand, GISH GALLOP MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

weird softcore sexy retro sci fi will always be the best

while i admire old school commander's moxy and resilience, somethin tells me he'd be better off savin his breath for coolin pies. like, massive walls of text aren't going to get you anywhere. the biggest indictment of star citizen is the horrifically broken, buggy, hosed-in-the-rear end game they keep pretending to update. if a backer is able to look past that and still want to throw more money into the abyss, no online argument is gonna win them back over

on the other hand, GISH GALLOP MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp_PIjc2ga4

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/AXaQYRN.gifv

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Virtual Captain posted:

found it: youtube

Added to the tracker. Basically that is 100% broken if you aren't a gullible backer. It's not possible to setup this network, get it running; then throw in "Now let's run part of that entire stack on a private server" without re-thinking the entire architecture.

We decided to change 'In progress' to 'In alpha' primarily because keeping track of what is supposedly in progress was almost impossible because of CIGs farce of "Open Development" and nobody was interested in watching hours of AtV.
Then there was the problem of stuff shown years ago, does that count because players still can't access it. Is it in progress or did they put that down and go work on something else? According to CIG everything is in progress.

Thanks for finding it. Man that chart...

And the hell... $120,000 down the loving drain for those idiots.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
"HE'S BREAKING REDDIT'S RULES! HE'S BREAKING REDDIT'S RULES!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs while an inch from my monitor.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
That might actually be Seraph though if he's not in jail.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Honestly without the idiots on Reddit screaming endlessly about Derek and constantly self-owning this thread would atrophy. CIG generally doesn't provide anything actionable until August.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly without the idiots on Reddit screaming endlessly about Derek and constantly self-owning this thread would atrophy. CIG generally doesn't provide anything actionable until August.

they could learn as CIG did to keep everything quiet to starve the content locusts, but I'm pretty sure the r/ds set is compelled to post about Derek's family and genitalia, like their lives have no mooring or stability without that

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly they won't provide anything on August either.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

thatguy posted:

That might actually be Seraph though if he's not in jail.

Halfhand84 is Seraph and since he posted right after he was tagged I'm going to assume that he is not in jail.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, following a long thread on reddit must one of the punishments in the eight circle of hell. It's just so loving bad.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

trucutru posted:

Man, following a long thread on reddit must one of the punishments in the eight circle of hell. It's just so loving bad.

meanwhile, following multiple thousand-page threads on SA has put me on CLOUD NINE

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I don't know what or how yet but I sense a looming comedy showcase emanating from redit sometime soon.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Star Citizen: we just post screenshots of Reddit arguments now

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Regrettable posted:

Halfhand84 is Seraph and since he posted right after he was tagged I'm going to assume that he is not in jail.
What? Why are our archivists not posting Seraph status updates?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

starkebn posted:

Star Citizen: we just post screenshots of Reddit arguments now

We need 3.0 more than the backers do I fear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

What? Why are our archivists not posting Seraph status updates?

We ran out of bitcoins. Plz donate.