Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When France managed to stave off the populist candidate Marine Le Pen yet we idiots voted for Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

So this is what happens when 'adults' discuss words they think they understand but really don't have much of an understanding at all?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Mike Pence is gonna do some serious damage as president isn't he? :sigh:

Pence was Paul Manafort's pick for VP. Trump wanted to go with Chris Christie. This was actually reported by a mainstream #FAKENEWS source, not just the twitter conspiracy theorists: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-offered-chris-christie-vice-president-role-before-mike-pence/

Lol that he tricked Trump into staying for the night with the Pence family by pretending their jet had mechanical issues.

Pence is probably going down too. In that case the next person in line for the presidency is the speaker of the House who at the moment is Paul Ryan. So the republicans have an interest in impeaching Trump before the next election cycle or they risk President Nancy Pelosi.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
lol at /r/T_D simultaneously screaming about 10 million Muslim "invaders" voting and thus affecting the French election results in favor of Macron while also complaining that there was a historically low voter turnout as the reason he won. Which is it??

The answer is: lol.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Burt Sexual posted:

Was it a dem congress during Nixon? I can't remember, I was like a baby.

Imagine loving up so bad that Repubs decide to impeach trump. Lol
Congress was Blue from 1932 to 1994 really.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

If you ever wanted to see what would happen if Trump lost and how his supporters would have reacted, watch France

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
because most of her supporters are shrieking americans?

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Madcosby posted:

If you ever wanted to see what would happen if Trump lost and how his supporters would have reacted, watch France

plenty of french rednecks and rich conservatives, so yeah probably

I remember being told by a frenchman "Trust me, if they come here to start something, we are prepared" -- meaning weapons (hunting rifles?) and terrorist browns attacking a small town in the middle of nowhere for some reason. Basically like listening to someone from alabama but speaking in french which is implausible, but yeah. If only they knew how much they had in common

Baby boomers in general have had like the easiest existence but still dream to be their parents in ww2, lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Baby boomers in general have had like the easiest existence but still dream to be their parents in ww2, lol

many of them dying in muddy fields is my dream as well

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk & Ugly posted:

plenty of french rednecks and rich conservatives, so yeah probably

I remember being told by a frenchman "Trust me, if they come here to start something, we are prepared" -- meaning weapons (hunting rifles?) and terrorist browns attacking a small town in the middle of nowhere for some reason. Basically like listening to someone from alabama but speaking in french which is implausible, but yeah. If only they knew how much they had in common

Isn't "Alabama but speaking in French" basically Louisiana

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Hammerite posted:

he's all like, "i can understand the argument that children should have health care. I don't agree with it, because I'm a piece of poo poo, but I respect it"

Lol

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Is this a lol?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Viruswithshoes posted:

Is this a lol?

hmbol

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I'm the editor of the national review online, I'm the editor of the national review online!! I continue to shriek as I shrink and transform into a corncob

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

crazy cloud posted:

I'm the editor of the national review online, I'm the editor of the national review online!! I continue to shriek as I shrink and transform into a corncob

I thought the lol came from the fact that National Review Online is a conservative site? He was just pointing out how clueless she is.

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 7, 2017

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Viruswithshoes posted:

Is this a lol?

A prior posted lol, but yet relevant again

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I thought the lol came from the fact that National Review Online is a conservative site? He was just pointing out how clueless she is.

the lol is from how hopeless his situation is

he wants there to be a coherent intellectual conservatism that isn't based on xenophobia and racism and misogyny, but that doesn't exist and the masses of "gop base voters" will never listen to him or his ilk, he is pissing into a hurricane of bigotry and lies and hate, and it's an open question whether his spirit or body break first. And he deserves it bigly because he's the editor of NRO lmao lol rofl hmbol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Yes

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
nat'l review is a big ol' conservative site - think slate, but for brown-haters

edit: i've read maybe one or two articles on there that weren't complete garbage but those were definitely broken clock situations

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

crazy cloud posted:

he wants there to be a coherent intellectual conservatism that isn't based on xenophobia and racism and misogyny, but that doesn't exist and the masses of "gop base voters" will never listen to him or his ilk, he is pissing into a hurricane of bigotry and lies and hate, and it's an open question whether his spirit or body break first. And he deserves it bigly because he's the editor of NRO lmao lol rofl hmbol

Good point.

Lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I just can't believe that the woman with twitter handle "MAcatholicmom" turned out to be an idiot!

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
i loving love it when someone responds to twitter pidgin with proper capitalization and punctuation. "I am calm and rational. I am the adult here. Reason will see out this intellectual spat."

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

crazy cloud posted:

David Frum is perhaps the best example of this. It's like the perspective of a 1980s Reagan republican who time traveled to the present to find himself lost in the anti-intellectual hellhole of Tea Party Trumpism. The biggest rear end in a top hat in the room becomes the voice of reason and sanity in the new world and there are many lols.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

crazy cloud posted:

You're an idiot.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You're an idiot.

Turn on your monitor

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sort of disappointed we won't have a "post itt every time you lol that le pen is president" thread but loling that my country has no competition for the title of "most retarded country" :911:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Republican Party: how many layers of small-minded ignorance are you on

Charles C. W. Cooke: I'm the editor of National Review Online.

Republican Party: you are like a little baby. watch this

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ROFL Octopus posted:

Sort of disappointed we won't have a "post itt every time you lol that le pen is president" thread but loling that my country has no competition for the title of "most retarded country" :911:

Donald Trump won't be president some day, but Brexit is forever.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

There are people on twitter talking about how this was actually a big win for the far right, but Le Pen still lost the vote by a higher margin than any US election.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

NotWearingPants posted:

Donald Trump won't be president some day, but Brexit is forever.

Thank you, we're playing for the long-range punchlines. Let you boys over there tire yourselves out and just sucker punch you at the end with the hard lols.

:britain:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Dizz posted:

Howling my butt off laughing.

Exactly, keep up with the loving thread and howl your butts off laughing with the rest of us

I AM THE TOILET posted:

french female donald juniper turmp lost the french election

Buttery Males! No seriously though, the only correct assumption we can make is that most white American males aren't racists, it's just all males worldwide are sexists.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 7, 2017

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

turn off the TV posted:

There are people on twitter talking about how this was actually a big win for the far right

lmao this always happens. "THIS WHAT WE WANTED TO HAPPEN, YOU FOOLS! THIS IS ALL PART OF THE MASTER PLAN! YOU'RE ALL SO STUPID! GO AHEAD AND CELEBRATE! WE'RE THE ONES WHO ARE ACTUALLY WINNING!"

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
hmbol that donald javelina trump the human personification of humpty dumpty is president

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Madcosby posted:

(stole from PYF funny pics)

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 7, 2017

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

lmao

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Tumble posted:

Haha now we are back on track

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
So looking forward to Pwnbama's award ceremony tonight.

Here's a new lol:

The Tax Returns Uniformly Made Public (TRUMP) Act.

Reminds us of The MAR-A-LAGO Act.

I'm preparing to try the HMBOL thing. Le Pen's loss (after Geert Wilder's gently caress off loss) is already making Sunday a major LOL day.

Minimalist Program posted:

Okay now I'm lolling again due to the Obama/trump thread and this pic:

Love this:

Viruswithshoes posted:

Is this a lol?
This is a boomerang lol and I love it.

Tumble posted:

C'MON!!! HMBOL

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tumble posted:

hmbol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tumble posted:

full dictatorship now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus