Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Calling Europe a US vassal state is straight from the Russian propaganda handbook.

:cripes:

The russian conspiracy nut poo poo is getting really loving boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You're right, the Israel Lobby is a powerful thing.

To be fair, I'm pretty The Israel lobby and Jewish people in general aren't fans of the Satmar group, considering they're batshit crazy AND actually reject the legitimacy of the Israeli state.

It's not about who they ARE, it's about who they AREN'T: Muslims.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Al-Saqr posted:

lol is there video of this?

turns out i was wrong, it wasn't the first song, but still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-UQdbUeBs&t=1556s

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Flowers For Algeria posted:

As a little gently caress you to Marine Le Pen, the after-election party for Macron at The Louvre starts with a song in Arabic ahahaha

I saw a clip of the Macron party at the Louvre on CNN and was a bit baffled as to why they chose "Englishman in New York" of all things as background music until the words "legal alien" made me go "Oh, RIGHT."

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

turns out i was wrong, it wasn't the first song, but still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn-UQdbUeBs&t=1556s

theres even dancing girls and everything lool

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/861300169438113793

Meanwhile Donald is running around shouting "ALL RIGHT, WHO TOOK MY PHONE AGAIN?"

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Macron delivering a victory speech in front of the Louvre Pyramid

An obvious shoutout to his globalist illuminati friends. The pyramid even has a weird reflection on top that looks like an eye. Disgusting

(Oh also he's saying that "we gotta think about the electors of Marine Le Pen, no no, don't boo them")

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I half-expected an insult when opening that tweet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficial/status/861307433829924866

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

(Oh also he's saying that "we gotta think about the electors of Marine Le Pen, no no, don't boo them")

gently caress the leftists that held their nose for me tho.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
In 5 years it will be Mélen-chan.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Visidan posted:

In 5 years it will be Mélen-chan.

Dude will be 70 by then, I don't think so.

But I have no idea who might replace him. Probably not Corbière, and I can't think of anyone with the necessary charisma on the Left.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
History repeats itself so keep your eyes peeled for who is Secretary to President Macron in 2020...

orange sky
May 7, 2007

On the 13th of May here in Portugal it's gonna be the celebration of the 100th year of the appearance of the Virgin Mary and the pope is gonna visit, with an expected crowd of one million people to receive him. That same day, everything points to Benfica, the biggest football club in the country with around 6.5 fans, being champions. During this day (and this is especially true because of the religious significance of this day to Portugal) the country is prime for a terrorist attack, with little to none controls in the championship party and a lot of the police force in Fatima. It's gonna be a crazy day.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dude will be 70 by then, I don't think so.

But I have no idea who might replace him. Probably not Corbière, and I can't think of anyone with the necessary charisma on the Left.

meh, juppé is like 80 and he tried

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So 5 more years of mostly the same poo poo that tanked Hollande?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JonnieMarbLes/status/861298396379983874

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Mattress posted:

Seeing these reactions is the silver lining. :unsmith:

:3:

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

His money is in better hands now.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Our lives, our livelihoods, our society are merely something to bet on for these people, like they're football teams to them or something.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

being a banker, how long macron can last before going down harder than hollande?

edit: that came out a bit wrong, I am genuinely curious in how a guy whose credentials are "I am nothing but an independent neoliberal" can actually pull off a government that doesn't serve as filler to the apparent structural earthquake of the fifth republic

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 7, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

dead comedy forums posted:

being a banker, how long macron can last before going down harder than hollande?

Just because this forum has an irrational hate boner about bankers doesn't mean the rest of the world does and his former occupation will have no bearing on his performance as President of France.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nah, the EU and banking elite are going to do things right this time.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ekster posted:

Nah, the EU and banking elite are going to do things right this time.

Maybe this time they won't listen to an absolutely discredited paper that only showed austerity worked because of an Excel error! :smithicide:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Our lives, our livelihoods, our society are merely something to bet on for these people, like they're football teams to them or something.

Other countries aren't real places with real problems, they are only fantasy dreamlands for American liberals and conservatives to project their reveries of making things great again and Russian conspiracies trying to subvert American "western" democracy.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

edit: that came out a bit wrong, I am genuinely curious in how a guy whose credentials are "I am nothing but an independent neoliberal" can actually pull off a government that doesn't serve as filler to the apparent structural earthquake of the fifth republic

Well he was a minister for Hollande too, and a PS member for a while.

So probably yeah like Hollande with a few more sops to the right. He doesn't look as goofy at least, could help him. It's not like France has some innate hatred of centre-right, e.g. Sarkozy et al, so it's possible he could do reasonably alright.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

axeil posted:

Just because this forum has an irrational hate boner about bankers doesn't mean the rest of the world does and his former occupation will have no bearing on his performance as President of France.

Lmao, good one

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

axeil posted:

I know you are a bit defensive about the subject seeing other replies of yours elsewhere, but I am going to be a tad anecdotal for a moment and say: our minister of finance (I am brazilian) is a highly experienced banker and we are on of our worst recessions ever

likewise, other countries employing similar methods ended up having very similar results, so those are not exactly promising trends

Bulbo
Nov 4, 2012

Private Speech posted:

centre-right, e.g. Sarkozy et al.

No one worked more to give the FN 35% of the vote than Sarko.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Bankers must die

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Private Speech posted:

Well he was a minister for Hollande too, and a PS member for a while.

So probably yeah like Hollande with a few more sops to the right. He doesn't look as goofy at least, could help him. It's not like France has some innate hatred of centre-right, e.g. Sarkozy et al, so it's possible he could do reasonably alright.

His policies will be kinda crap but not-too-bad probably though. He's no Hamon or Melenchon, but he's not a LR/UMP/RPR member either.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 7, 2017

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Post your map:

https://twitter.com/Place_Beauvau/status/861340087224860673

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

Those are Fillon's eyebrows lol

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Is that Calais? Can't imagine why Calais would be full of vile anti immigrant racists.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Bulbo posted:

No one worked more to give the FN 35% of the vote than Sarko.

Maybe? He did do some stimulus policies after the financial meltdown, and was more popular than Hollande (albeit less than Chirac and Mitterand), ~40% approval in the end

I (and most people ITT) don't like him but he wasn't universally hated.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine

axeil posted:

I think you'll find even outside of this thread's fascism-accusation-circlejerks in the real world 'banker' has a general negative connotation to quite a lot of people, too.

Since the 2008 crash and the spread of 'austerity' its become a synonym for the excesses of capitalism.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Grats France on not electing a fascist. It's a low bar for democracy but you did it!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Just wait until they elect an Actual Hitler and germany has to liberate france from a Fascist regime.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

LeoMarr posted:

Just wait until they elect an Actual Hitler and germany has to liberate france from a Fascist regime.

With any luck WW3 will be fascist US, UK and Russia against liberal Germany, Italy and Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I am not sure things could have gone any better today