Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

a glut of labor is making competition fiercer at the racism factory. some squabbles are bound to happen

one day they will learn that these conflicts are the product of false consciousness encouraged by the ruling class to create divisions among the subordinate workers

then truly they will be ready to seize the production

of racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Apparently the only fight in New Orleans was between alt right nazis from out of town scuffling with local racists

amazing

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

This guy is stealing valor from brave Centurions

the gently caress's even going on anymore

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The blueboi "not mad" meltdown on page 2 is :discourse:

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Grondoth posted:

I refuse to take any of this fash/antifa violence seriously at all

it's all bullshit LARPing and everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves just based on how loving stupid they look

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Grondoth posted:

seriously

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This is some premium angry Chapo

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/861207527173869569

Help my mouth is full of blood.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
(((Spiderman)))

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

someone earlier in this thread said they wanted a chapo/mbmbam crossover and quite frankly, same

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh poo poo, Miya Tokumitsu rules

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This whole episode rules.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

this tweet should be wearing a lanyard

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Conspiracy theory: this is viral marketing, a Sorkin/Manuel co-creation is going to be formally announced within the month and come to dominate dem philosophy for the rest of our loving lives

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

this tweet should be wearing a lanyard

This tweet should be wearing a noose

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
:( I like MBMBaM. How haram is this?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

:( I like MBMBaM. How haram is this?

It's okay to like MBMBaM and still admit that the brothers are pretty bland/uncool liberals

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Their politics is being nice, which isn't as good as you'd think. Plus they're irl friends of Lin.

Serf
May 5, 2011

they're all about being nice, but sometimes that facade slips and you can hear how they really feel

radicalize the brothers, imo

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Guys did you know that all of our lovable Chapo Boys post on SA??? This makes us sooo popular omg!!!

all you pathetic poo poo eating motherfuckers can eat my entire rear end

also Gorka! is very good

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Calm down little buddy.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

every goon who gets a whiff of celebrity fucks right off because trolling and doxxing were perfected here

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Calm down little buddy.

this forum is a sinking ship and we're all going down with it. keep posting until oblivion takes us.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Slanderer posted:

Guys did you know that all of our lovable Chapo Boys post on SA??? This makes us sooo popular omg!!!

THEY SAID THAT SOMEONE SHOULD BE GOATSED

I WONDER IF THEY'RE A GOON!?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
do you guys think this is helping

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

THEY SAID THAT SOMEONE SHOULD BE GOATSED

I WONDER IF THEY'RE A GOON!?

they talk about elevators...which replace stairs...which are dangerous because of pusher-robots...

goon status==cofnrimed!!!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I don't listen to MBMBAM but I do listen to other comedy podcasts and I've learned that everyone loves Hamilton

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
most people I know that love hamilton just seem to dig the music rather than its asinine racial politics so I don't hate on it quite as hard as some lefties

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Serf posted:

they're all about being nice, but sometimes that facade slips and you can hear how they really feel

radicalize the brothers, imo

I think the local DSA chapters can pick 'em up eventually, Justin has ranted about how west Virginia was stripmined by the wealthy coal barons and there's no future for young people in the state. Their co-worker Phil Kollar at polygon is a Grey Wolf, he could probably rope them in with some Gorka clips.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

cat doter posted:

most people I know that love hamilton just seem to dig the music rather than its asinine racial politics so I don't hate on it quite as hard as some lefties

I don't like musicals or show tunes so I have no real incentive to give Hamilton a look, but I will tentatively say that maybe people don't need to ideologically oppose its existence and condemn everyone who has ever seen or listened to it? Like okay, a guy made a lame rap-opera about US history but everybody is black, and Hillary Clinton et. al. felt like that was the ticket to appearing hip and with the times to those pesky youth voters. He's not single-handedly responsible for the failings of Hillary or the establishment democrats. I'm not even trying to defend it, I just think the level of vilification of it is stupid.

Also voice clips of the McElroys are supposedly snuck into one brief moment in a song where a bunch of people are all yelling out at once. So that's their contribution. And Lin showed up on their web TV show.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
WRONG

You should give it a listen, it really is so loving bad

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I don't like musicals or show tunes so I have no real incentive to give Hamilton a look, but I will tentatively say that maybe people don't need to ideologically oppose its existence and condemn everyone who has ever seen or listened to it? Like okay, a guy made a lame rap-opera about US history but everybody is black, and Hillary Clinton et. al. felt like that was the ticket to appearing hip and with the times to those pesky youth voters. He's not single-handedly responsible for the failings of Hillary or the establishment democrats. I'm not even trying to defend it, I just think the level of vilification of it is stupid.

Also voice clips of the McElroys are supposedly snuck into one brief moment in a song where a bunch of people are all yelling out at once. So that's their contribution. And Lin showed up on their web TV show.

It's bougie drivel physically inaccessible to 98% of Americans

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Bryter posted:

WRONG

You should give it a listen, it really is so loving bad

Is the cringe factor high enough that it would be painful even if it was not tangled up in electoral politics and emblematic of the failures and myopia of the Democratic Party?

If so then I'll listen to some songs and see if I need to rescind any of my prior comments about not making GBS threads all over it all the time.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 8, 2017

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
The genre of Broadway Musical Theater as a whole is so hidebound and moribund that Hamilton, when compared to its peers, is almost avant-garte.

This isn't a mark in Hamilton's favor as much as it is an indictment of where musical theater is at right now.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

it's accessible inoffensive hip hop with subject matter that political nerds jizz over, it's not really surprising that the political class or the media elites are 100% into that poo poo, it's hip hop completely neutered of its edge in totality

but lin manuel miranda is also a pretty decent composer if you're into stuff sorta light and fluffy

I think it's totally cool to poo poo on the political class and the media for going nuts over it, but I'm not about to poo poo on friends that just seem to enjoy the music

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Huh yeah we should make a mcelroy and giantbomb and sa forum crossover episode *christman just shoves his head inside an oven, offing himself* hmmm, anyways the mcelroys should get secretly indocrinated into leftism anf thru metal gear solid which felix should talk about 100% of the time and only with celebs i know like giantbomb. What do you mean there's like several people doing actual work on the rust best et al, what we should get is something to triangulate Lin Manuel Miranda , also a twitch channel and only the true toil of leftism are listeners of this podcast that do not object to anything ever *christman's body just evaporates* ... also, we should get Hideo Kojima

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

lowtax go on cum town

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

We just need LMM to do a musical adaptation of Upton Sinclair's 'The Jungle' with Dwayne Johnson

Kunster posted:

Huh yeah we should make a mcelroy and giantbomb and sa forum crossover episode *christman just shoves his head inside an oven, offing himself* hmmm, anyways the mcelroys should get secretly indocrinated into leftism anf thru metal gear solid which felix should talk about 100% of the time and only with celebs i know like giantbomb. What do you mean there's like several people doing actual work on the rust best et al, what we should get is something to triangulate Lin Manuel Miranda , also a twitch channel and only the true toil of leftism are listeners of this podcast that do not object to anything ever *christman's body just evaporates* ... also, we should get Hideo Kojima
Hahaha

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 8, 2017

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

God dammit Travis, once again the worst brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cat doter posted:

it's accessible inoffensive hip hop with subject matter that political nerds jizz over, it's not really surprising that the political class or the media elites are 100% into that poo poo, it's hip hop completely neutered of its edge in totality

but lin manuel miranda is also a pretty decent composer if you're into stuff sorta light and fluffy

I think it's totally cool to poo poo on the political class and the media for going nuts over it, but I'm not about to poo poo on friends that just seem to enjoy the music

It's only accessible if you have a thousand bucks per ticket to burn, plus travel and hotel if you don't live in the tri-state.