Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

a.lo posted:

I took my Switch to a Honda service center yesterday to get my 2016 Honda Civic an oil change and whatever and I brought along my Switch. I was playing around Mario Kart when a girl (and I guess her boyfriend) was wondering what I was playing. I told her that I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I was also going back and forth with Zelda. She seemed interested enough that you basically take something as gorgeous as Mario Kart on the go. The great thing about the Switch too is that is comes with two controllers. I asked her if she wanted to "Mario Kart" and she nodded. Granted it was not the most comfortable experience but we were both smiling and having a good time (made me think about getting some joycon accessories to make them more comfy) anyways I told her if you ever want to Mario Kart up again I gave her my friend code.

Was her boyfriend cute? Did he get in on the action or was he the kind of guy who just likes to watch his gf have fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

Was her boyfriend cute? Did he get in on the action or was he the kind of guy who just likes to watch his gf have fun?

Dude got Switch cucked at the dealership.

More like Mario Cuck.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Kilometers Davis posted:

Gyro is gross and twin stick is fine unless you've been playing FPSs with a mouse for a million years without controller muscle memory.

Hi this is me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What main splatoon weapon needs accuracy the least and is op and for scrubs? Im gonna play that with gyro off like a boss

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Real hurthling! posted:

What main splatoon weapon needs accuracy the least and is op and for scrubs? Im gonna play that with gyro off like a boss

Roller or brush. Its super easy. You're basically the Pyro from TF2.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nerd_of_prey posted:

Anyone thinking of picking up Minecraft on the switch? I am one of the few people who have never actually played it and I thought this might be a good entry point for a noob.

i haven't bought a copy since the original on PC so i probably will, just for more switch games to play.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Real hurthling! posted:

Rollers, brushes, and sloshers (buckets) all have fairly big arcs and can be devastating in close quarters.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Does this poo poo have a virtual console?

Being able to play Super Mario 64 and F-Zero X at the rooftop parties I go to is a strong selling point for me.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Frankston posted:

Does this poo poo have a virtual console?

Being able to play Super Mario 64 and F-Zero X at the rooftop parties I go to is a strong selling point for me.

NEOGEO stuff is all there is right now. We'll probably get a nintendo VC announcement at E3.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Is anyone else playing Graceful Explosion Machine? I wanted to take a break from Mario Kart and it seemed fun. It's kind of fun, but I feel like either I am missing something or it is missing something to go to the next level. It feels like there's not a lot going on too much of the time which in a shooter is weird.

It definitely picks up, also once you beat the worlds it unlocks a harder warp level and a score attack where you go through all the levels in succession until you die or hit the end.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so is mister shifty good?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I'm playing shovel knight for the first time and it's extremely good but I'm also very bad at it!!! I just killed Plague Knight and I got mad at his dungeon

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I forgot to pack my switch in my work bag today so can't get those mad purple sparks at lunch and I am VERY angry

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There haven't been any games released for this dead gay system in nearly 2 weeks

Shameful

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thankfully NBA Jam launches tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCZYpj-OYrs

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Half way there.

Dear Video Games, don't lock the thread at 1000 pages or my semen will never be free.

Dear Switch thread, my left joy con has the signal issue and my pro controller has the d pad issue and I'm stuck in a third world country for 2 more months with no way of servicing them. I don't know what I did wrong in life but I don't deserve this

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
whats the dpad issue

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The more I look at it the more I dislike it's style.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I like the turbo color on the boots. Does this have "on fire"?

Is there a "boomshakalaka" announcer?

Can you break the glass?

These are the key features.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gonna buy this ugly basketball game.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if NBA Playgrounds has the individual joycon multiplayer like mario kart, i can see it being extremely god drat fun for lunchtime rumbles

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Reminder the Switch version doesn't have online at launch.

“To me, without an online component, this is a half-assed game,” Saber president Matthew Karch told Polygon earlier this week. “I wouldn’t want to release this game without an online component.” Now, the Saber spokesperson said that at the time of that meeting, Karch was unaware of the fact that some online features would be missing at launch.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/5/15549840/nba-playgrounds-switch-online-play-missing-features

The company making this game also worked on Halo Master Chief Collection, a game that still isn't fixed. I want this game to be awesome but am waiting to buy it until after it's complete. Don't reward third party devs for treating the Switch like a second class console. Also hidden in this game is text that says they can add micro transactions in the future.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 8, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I mean, it looks terrible in almost every aspect, and I'm a dude who's crazy about the NBA and loved the Jam games.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
it looks really cheap

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If reviews of it basically say "Hey this is NBA Jam; get it" then imma get it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I would actually prefer the digitized graphics to this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I have no opinion on the new not NBA jam game

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

if they could just port nba street vol 2 i think we'd all be fine

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

man in the eyeball hat posted:

if they could just port nba street vol 2 i think we'd all be fine

why'd they stop making those games, they were aces

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

I would actually prefer the digitized graphics to this.

Well digitized graphics rules so no surprise there.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Trip report: SNES rainbow road still best rainbow road.

Edit* After all these years, I still have muscle memory for all the SNES tracks. Also, I bought SNES MK new when it was new.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Zelder posted:

why'd they stop making those games, they were aces

actually vol 3 was not an ace, at least on gamecube in my experience. it might also be a result of the "street" branding dying off because everything but NBA Street and maybe one of the NFL street games sucked. also EA Sports BIG no longer exists :rip:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ratbert90 posted:

Trip report: SNES rainbow road still best rainbow road.

Edit* After all these years, I still have muscle memory for all the SNES tracks. Also, I bought SNES MK new when it was new.

i really wish they'd churn out the entire snes track series. the small tight laps are just BLISS to slide around

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok but really why no new NBA Jam

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
There's already footage of the NBA game on youtube. Seems okay for a basketball game but I don't see why they had to put content behind booster packs.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

alf_pogs posted:

i really wish they'd churn out the entire snes track series. the small tight laps are just BLISS to slide around

This.

Also N64 Wario Stadium. :colbert:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

ok but really why no new NBA Jam

I'm not even sure who owns it. Midway is defunct, so is Acclaim.

Is it Warner Bros?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mahoning posted:

I'm not even sure who owns it. Midway is defunct, so is Acclaim.

Is it Warner Bros?

EA owns it atm. They had 2 NBA Jam games last gen. On Fire Edition owned. They should make another.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Any new NBA Jam edition has to have Trump as a selectable character :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I really want a sidescroller that gives me at least a minuscule reflection of the feel I get from Mario. is Wonder Boy my only real option?

• Locked thread