Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LODGE NORTH posted:

I really want a sidescroller that gives me at least a minuscule reflection of the feel I get from Mario. is Wonder Boy my only real option?

Rayman Legends comes out this year sometime, if you happen to have not yet played it, it's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

ratbert90 posted:

Trip report: SNES rainbow road still best rainbow road.

Edit* After all these years, I still have muscle memory for all the SNES tracks. Also, I bought SNES MK new when it was new.

If they made DLC packs of all the missing tracks from past Mario Kart games, I'd buy every single one.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Having had a Switch for a little less than a week now I've got a couple observations:

2. Having some sort of horrible digestive complaint all weekend really made me appreciate that I could keep playing Zelda all day long regardless of whether I was in the living room or the bathroom.
3. Since I spent a good thirty some hours playing Zelda over the weekend with the Joycons both attached and detached I'm pretty confident that my left Joycon has that connectivity issue since it occasionally stalls or disconnects at distances where my right one works just fine.

I'm debating how to handle the left Joycon problem. This could be a cool excuse to get a Pro Controller while I wait on Nintendo to fix it, or I could send it in and take a break from Zelda and finish Persona while I wait for it to get back, or I could just get a second left Joycon and keep the defective one around to let an opponent use if I'm playing a multiplayer game.and need a competitive edge.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spacebump posted:

EA owns it atm. They had 2 NBA Jam games last gen. On Fire Edition owned. They should make another.

Can't wait for the online only NBA Jam game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LODGE NORTH posted:

I really want a sidescroller that gives me at least a minuscule reflection of the feel I get from Mario. is Wonder Boy my only real option?

It doesn't really feel like Mario at all other than being a sidescroller. It's more of a Metroidvania and is good.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Meldonox posted:

Having had a Switch for a little less than a week now I've got a couple observations:

2. Having some sort of horrible digestive complaint all weekend really made me appreciate that I could keep playing Zelda all day long regardless of whether I was in the living room or the bathroom.
3. Since I spent a good thirty some hours playing Zelda over the weekend with the Joycons both attached and detached I'm pretty confident that my left Joycon has that connectivity issue since it occasionally stalls or disconnects at distances where my right one works just fine.

I'm debating how to handle the left Joycon problem. This could be a cool excuse to get a Pro Controller while I wait on Nintendo to fix it, or I could send it in and take a break from Zelda and finish Persona while I wait for it to get back, or I could just get a second left Joycon and keep the defective one around to let an opponent use if I'm playing a multiplayer game.and need a competitive edge.

This is the "Give your friends/siblings/rivals the third-party controller" of this generation.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Third party comtroller AND second player

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the third party joycon is just a wiimote

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I just beat 5-9 on Puyo Puyo Tetris and I feel like a GODDAMN VIDEO GAME GOD

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I still can't wrap my head around Puyo. I want to buy the game but know I'd just get frustrated.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

deadwing posted:

I just beat 5-9 on Puyo Puyo Tetris and I feel like a GODDAMN VIDEO GAME GOD

lmao then I beat 5-10 on my first try after an hour of super loving intense tetris-ing to beat 5-9

there might be something wrong with this game's difficulty curve

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

A Walmart here in TN had like 3 switches out today if anyone is looking. Idk though I might of just got lucky.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Man I am not good at drifting in MK8. I always end up oversteering the curve. I've tried different karts, different wheels, 150cc, 200cc. I can't get that like turbo boost at all.

Any tips?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Mahoning posted:

Man I am not good at drifting in MK8. I always end up oversteering the curve. I've tried different karts, different wheels, 150cc, 200cc. I can't get that like turbo boost at all.

Any tips?

Watch the world record run videos online and see how the best people do it, that's how I figured out different tracks.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Mahoning posted:

Any tips?
Time Trials. Make it your goal to at least beat the default ghost for every single track.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

dentist toy box posted:

A Walmart here in TN had like 3 switches out today if anyone is looking. Idk though I might of just got lucky.

Almost a dozen here yesterday, but they're CAD $450 without a game, so I'm not surprised.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I imagine NBA Jam games don't sell enough to offset paying for the license.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mahoning posted:

Any tips?

Try an inside drifting bike. They drift much tighter and you may like the feel.

Some bikes don't have that though. It's usually the more sportier looking ones that inside drift.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I was at Costco Brisbane on Saturday and they had a dozen switches.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mahoning posted:

Any tips?

Remember that during the drift, you can counter-steer if it looks like you'll run into the apex/go off the inside curve.

I don't even bother with faster or heavier characters anymore, I just work at maxing out my handling and traction with the lowest weight possible.

The nice thing about the light characters is at the lower CC races, you can make ridiculously long drifts, and really, that's the best part about Mario Kart.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mahoning posted:

Any tips?

use a bike and turn off auto steer

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chekans 3 16 posted:

It definitely picks up, also once you beat the worlds it unlocks a harder warp level and a score attack where you go through all the levels in succession until you die or hit the end.

I'm starting to see it pick up. Given how short it is I guess I expected the curve would be sharper, but it's still fun.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does Stardew Valley have a date, yet?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

Does Stardew Valley have a date, yet?

No, you need to build up more relationship points first.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Hey guys i figured out drifting. Turns out I was just doing it wrong like a big dumb idiot. Welp. That was embarrassing. Also this game is a lot more fun now.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 8, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I am currently playing my Switch and pooping at the same time.

The future is here and it's lovely

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope you're near a toilet

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Some of the topics/discussion on the past few pages have been really, really bad.

Some people just want to provoke people who love the switch, some people are posting honest opinions and some people are madly in love with it and will die defending its honour.

We have to be better than the most recent arguments. We really do. You have to PM me or report things that are in danger of making the thread go completely the wrong direction and cause multipage slapfights.

There will be people posting inflammatory statements and there will be people who do not like the Switch. I refuse to believe we are that thin skinned that we cannot deal with this in a funnier manner than we have.

Also the really inflammatory stuff will get sanctioned as soon as I am aware of it so if you see something ridiculous like the Bill of Materials argument, then just brush it to one side. You do not have an obligation to reply to every bad post.

Thank you everyone and please keep enjoying the Switch!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Mods.... own?!?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
does anyone know of a lubricant i could use with the joycon that wont damage the plastic or internals?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm surprised they aren't doing ARMS Amiibos

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Meldonox posted:

Nintendo really needs to make a commercial highlighting that you can do this. Maximizing your gaming time is always a good selling point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Some of the topics/discussion on the past few pages have been really, really bad.

Some people just want to provoke people who love the switch, some people are posting honest opinions and some people are madly in love with it and will die defending its honour.

We have to be better than the most recent arguments. We really do. You have to PM me or report things that are in danger of making the thread go completely the wrong direction and cause multipage slapfights.

There will be people posting inflammatory statements and there will be people who do not like the Switch. I refuse to believe we are that thin skinned that we cannot deal with this in a funnier manner than we have.

Also the really inflammatory stuff will get sanctioned as soon as I am aware of it so if you see something ridiculous like the Bill of Materials argument, then just brush it to one side. You do not have an obligation to reply to every bad post.

Thank you everyone and please keep enjoying the Switch!

Speaking of Bills.. how much do you reckon Bill wants to slob Shiggys Knobtendo? I bet it's pretty up there.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

HyperPuma posted:

does anyone know of a lubricant i could use with the joycon that wont damage the plastic or internals?

You are approaching the problem the wrong way. Don't apply the lube directly to the joy con, you need a buffer like a condom that you lube up. However kindly note that condoms often come pre lubed so to be completely safe I would recommend party balloons or a latent glove. You then apply a generous about of lube to that protective layer, load up 1,2 switch and try to count how many digital marbles are rolling around your butthole.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm surprised they aren't doing ARMS Amiibos

It's going to be a spinoff line, ARMiibos.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

spit on my clit posted:

so is mister shifty good?

The core teleport and combat mechanics are very fun and will make you feel like a badass. There's just a campaign mode and it's on the short side, but has some replay value to get better times etc. It commonly crashes in the last couple stages, no idea if that's been patched yet. I bought it and sat down and played all the way through in a few hours and grudgingly restarted after the crashes because teleporting around and beating people up is a pretty good time.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 8, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's going to be a spinoff line, ARMiibos.

Clearly they should be releasing licensed Stretch Armstrong toy knockoffs :colbert:.

And adding Stretch Armstrong as a licensed bonus character to the game for the hell of it.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

EpicNemesis posted:

You are approaching the problem the wrong way. Don't apply the lube directly to the joy con, you need a buffer like a condom that you lube up. However kindly note that condoms often come pre lubed so to be completely safe I would recommend party balloons or a latent glove. You then apply a generous about of lube to that protective layer, load up 1,2 switch and try to count how many digital marbles are rolling around your butthole.

i was having trouble removing the wrist straps after a round of mario kart multiplayer

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EpicNemesis posted:

Eh, it's been done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I feel like I'm the only person who likes Master Mummy. He deserves more loves, bringing Halloween to ARMS.

• Locked thread