Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

gently caress those assholes for using godamn bitly links, in full & not hyperlinked to the text they refer to, to link to other pages on their own loving site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Chain adjusters are rusted solid. Front valve cap is stuck. Rear brake caliper retaining bolts won't budge. Every simple maintenance job I wanted to do today, impossible. gently caress. My. Life. :bang:

It shouldn't cost too much to have a shop fix this poo poo, but it pisses me off that I'm having to resort to that.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Family of sparrows hatching in a cylinder. Rear tire is on fire. Sprag clutch is by MV Agusta. UGGGHH

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

captainOrbital posted:

Family of sparrows hatching in a cylinder. Rear tire is on fire. Sprag clutch is by MV Agusta. UGGGHH
italianbike.txt

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Went by dealer at lunch to talk about upgrading from the 300 to a 650... Dude was too busy to talk to me. 😖

Not in a rush, but still.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

ilkhan posted:

Went by dealer at lunch to talk about upgrading from the 300 to a 650... Dude was too busy to talk to me. 😖

Not in a rush, but still.

Buy used?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

The Bananana posted:

I feel like.......

Somebody at work if loving with my bike. :sigh:

For months now, I've had little things happening to my bike. The main Ones I've noticed are: Mirrors loosened, (first one, then after some time, the other) and of the 4 reflective screws holding up my lic plate, 2 are m.i.a. now.

Yesterday, I came out to my bike, freshly washed on Wednesday, to find a fine layer of silt/dirt on it. Like someone threw a handful of dirt or something... idk. Maybe now I'm being paranoid.

Anyways, how should I go about committing murder against this unseen rear end in a top hat(s).?

Bikes vibrate no matter what and there's dirt and dust outside where you keep it. I dunno, sounds paranoid.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sounds like lawn care/leaf blowers to clear the parking lot sprayed dirt all over your bike. Happens to me all the time, constantly, and I just go for a ride to blowvibrate it off.

Loose/missing screws is also super common for the same reasons. Threadlocker blue and chill.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coydog posted:

Sounds like lawn care/leaf blowers to clear the parking lot sprayed dirt all over your bike. Happens to me all the time, constantly, and I just go for a ride to blowvibrate it off.

Loose/missing screws is also super common for the same reasons. Threadlocker blue and chill.

Leafblowers are the most useless appliance ever and they should be banned. Use a rake, you lazy fucks!:argh:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I want a 17 ex650. Not a lot of used ones out there.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Leafblowers are the most useless appliance ever and they should be banned. Use a rake, you lazy fucks!:argh:

I have over 700 square metres of driveway to keep clear of oak leaves this time of year. I'll keep my blower thanks.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

My neighbour would just use his lawn mower to collect leaves. Chops them up nicely for composting too.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Collateral Damage posted:

My neighbour would just use his lawn mower to collect leaves. Chops them up nicely for composting too.

That is what I do.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fanelien posted:

I have over 700 square metres of driveway to keep clear of oak leaves this time of year. I'll keep my blower thanks.

Where do the leaves go? Just use a broom.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
The trick to a leaf problem is just cut down all your trees

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Also solves your tree problem.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Chichevache posted:

Obviously you don't live under a dozen 100'+ Douglas fir pines and have to deal with the perpetual needle drop.

EX250 Type R posted:

The trick to a leaf problem is just cut down all your trees

That's expensive. Four of em cost $3000 to remove.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Where do the leaves go? Just use a broom.

Into a pile at the back of the property where I put some sticks on top and pour a bit of diesel on them and burn them.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

clutchpuck posted:

Obviously you don't live under a dozen 100'+ Douglas fir pines and have to deal with the perpetual needle drop.

That's expensive. Four of em cost $3000 to remove.

nah thats BS I just bought a chainsaw the other day for about $400 and I have cut down like 15 or 20 trees since

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

No, I live in California where herds of gardeners line up and blow dust down the block.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just live in a generic apartment complex that hires workers to do everything for you.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Florida seems a lot more depressing than the last time I was here and I guess it's probably because I had my Fireblade last time. I have been fishing a lot more and catching a bunch of dirty rear end catfish in the channel though.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Florida will only stop being depressing when it's under water thanks to global warming.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Chichevache posted:

No, I live in California

I found your issue. Move to Australia.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fanelien posted:

I'm down. You guys have better diesels and a president that isnt loving orange.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fanelien posted:

Marry me so I can have citizenship.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Don't go to australia they're a bunch of inbred racist arrogant cunts and it's too hot and everything is poisonous.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Slavvy posted:

Don't go to australia they're a bunch of inbred racist arrogant cunts and it's too hot and everything is poisonous.

Um, that's just Tasmania thanks.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm down. You guys have better diesels and a president that isnt loving orange.

Better yet, we don't have a president, we have a queen.

quote:

Marry me so I can have citizenship.

Sorry mate, already taken. Just move here and charm some Australian chick with your American accent and amazing motorcycle skills.

quote:

The inbreeding occurs in Tasmania, which isn't really Australia. It's still a penal colony we just let them think they're free. Though they do have some amazing riding roads.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fanelien posted:

Sorry mate, already taken. Just move here and charm some Australian chick with your American accent and amazing motorcycle skills.

They're going to be smitten by the way I can actually pronounce the letter R in "Foster's Beer". :smug:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
"Why is my bike so hard to move? Feels weird in the back"

Rear tire 0 psi. fack.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

nsaP posted:

"Why is my bike so hard to move? Feels weird in the back"

Rear tire 0 psi. fack.

Someone I know rode a brand new GSX-1000F out of the showroof after a pre delivery with 15psi in both front and back tyres. He had a bit of a whinge about the slow steering which was solved once the tyres were properly inflated. It's amazing what a difference just a little bit of air makes.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Noticed a lot of posts on reddit over the years (side note: gently caress reddit) in the bike forums more or less saying "bikes are tough, I dunno if I like it, are bikes for me?" and they annoyed me for no legitimate reason that I can explain. But to me it sounds like a question such as, "Can't really get into country music. Is country music for me?" Do you loving like it? No? Then it's not for you. What's so loving hard about this decision? Why do you need help deciding this? I don't really like country music, it never once occurred to me to ask people who do like country why I don't like country.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Those are people who want to like bikes because they want to be cool, so when they don't like bikes they think maybe they're not cool because obviously cool people ride bikes. They're the same kind of people endlessly posting selfies on social media and looking for validation from their circle of acquaintances.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
unfortunately, those people probably don't suffer from the same motorcycle mental illness as most of us

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I've gotten like at least 4 different people this week telling me how much they liked the Tuono (plus I gave it a wash n wax )

Then I got my third read tire puncture this year. gently caress atlanta forever. Pulled a 2 inch piece of random steel out of it

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like Reddit, I don't get why every goon has to make sure everyone knows how much they totally hate that other forum so much every time it comes up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

because it's impossible to read and it's full of pedophiles

hth

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

because it's impossible to read and it's full of pedophiles

hth

But enough about GBS and the mods

Adbot