Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I just started watching Demi-chan and hope it does not really go where dullahan girl wants it to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Agronox posted:

I just started watching Demi-chan and hope it does not really go where dullahan girl wants it to

it doesn't, but the teacher is an idiot who takes like ten episodes to realize anything he's doing might be interpreted badly

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yamato thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819635

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kytrarewn posted:

The plot summary for this sounds stupid as hell, but it doesn't seem to be THAT bad... I'm up to chapter 10 or 11 and it's certainly interesting, at least.

It's really good. And once you're finished be sure to read the epilogues that got translated:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/faildoor.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/after-the-juvenile-part-1/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/faildoor.wordpress.com/2009/08/13/after-the-juvenile-part-2/amp/

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I thought Alice & Zouroku should have a thread

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at the mecha pilot in Re-Creators just being Amuro

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I knew he seemed oddly familiar.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Counterpoint: Amuro likes older women

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
i thought that was kamille

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

dudermcbrohan posted:

Are you really questioning droyer about robot lore?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
If they're a (Tomino) Gundam protagonist, they like 'em older. If they're a (Tomino) Gundam villain, they like 'em younger. Sometimes, this intersects. There's probably a theme somewhere here. Well, apart from ol' Yoshiyuki's fetishes.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dudermcbrohan posted:

Fa is the same age as Kamille and Four is younger.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Droyer posted:

Fa is the same age as Kamille and Four is younger.

But the databook does say he prefers older women, and he's got a bit of a crush on Emma. Like most of the rest of the cast, admittedly.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

But the databook does say he prefers older women, and he's got a bit of a crush on Emma. Like most of the rest of the cast, admittedly.

yeah is what i was referencing

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

added to the op

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The world end anime seems to be ok.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Here's the ID-0 thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3819737

Not entirely sure if I gave either too much information or too little.

wielder fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 8, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sports anime is certainly not my taste.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

He doesn't look very aerodynamic

Grouchio posted:

Cool

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

Yowapeda is a sports anime?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
RE: Creators could be a way better anime if it didn't have a character that info-dumped for 60% of the show while talking about theoretical abstracts for the other 40%.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think she might have more lines than every other character combined by the end if this keeps up.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think she might have more lines than every other character combined by the end if this keeps up.

Seriously.

What's worse is the majority of was she says isn't even responded to by the other characters. There's no real debate, someone just occasionally says "why?" and we get another monologue of worlds within worlds but not connected to worlds.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When she was first I introduced I really liked the idea that the character who was the least important in her own world was the most appreciative of being created.

But yeah now she sucks and is actively hurting the show.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yowapeda is a sports anime?

spurts anime

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I hope the heroine gets to pilot the mech in RE:Creators.

The show hits a great balance of self-aware absurdity and serious developments. I find myself sympathizing with the villains because they have reasonable perspectives and no infodump characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah i was fine with the infodumps early on but it's starting to get ridiculous.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
talking and eating just as a thing is more than fine by me, but I think it's weird writing that Meteora has a fully elaborated theory on multidimensional apocalypse based on sensitive wording from Altair. There's no scientific theory involved. It's just "hey people can't fly or use superpowers in this world, but now there are people flying and using magic" and there's no phenomena either observed or recorded that would connect this to a theoretical destabilization of reality.

I don't think I'd have a problem with the exposition if it had been set up logically.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm hoping the newest episode was setting up for things to really get going because yeah, i was willing to excuse the exposition for a couple episodes cause some fun stuff was still happening in the middle of it but like 1/3 of the newest episode was just literally nothing happening that couldn't be summed up in like ten seconds. basically all of the board room stuff after meteora apologizing could have been cut and it would lose nothing

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's like Re: Creators is quickly turning into ACCA, with infodumps being as much the order of the day as foodtalk. :psyduck:

Also if there's no onsen/bath/beach scene in this show, or if Altair doesn't turn out to have a thing for Souta, I will be pissed.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Also if there's no onsen/bath/beach scene in this show [...] I will be pissed.

Same but all shows

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Grouchio posted:

if Altair doesn't turn out to have a thing for Souta, I will be pissed.

why of all things is this your requirement

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Me, I'm just thinking it would be fun if Meteora turns out to be evil. That would be an unusual twist for her kind of character, and would at least justify some of the strange leaps of logic and telling rather than showing that she's been using to get the rest of the cast on-side. Besides, it seems unlikely that Altair is going to be the villain for the entire run, which means we'd need someone to replace her, and lady-Kimblee from the opening seems a little too predictable.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Me, I'm just thinking it would be fun if Meteora turns out to be evil. That would be an unusual twist for her kind of character, and would at least justify some of the strange leaps of logic and telling rather than showing that she's been using to get the rest of the cast on-side. Besides, it seems unlikely that Altair is going to be the villain for the entire run, which means we'd need someone to replace her, and lady-Kimblee from the opening seems a little too predictable.

Maybe she's trying to destroy their universe by making us so bored with the story that their world loses cohesion. A meta villain.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just hope Meteora's theory turns out to be completely wrong.

It's still a good show and I enjoy the talky bits, even if the chilling out and eating bits are better.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I also enjoy the talky bits more than I should. It helps that everyone has personality and is a good character

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I also enjoy the talky bits more than I should. It helps that everyone has personality and is a good character

The exposition really only bothered me when they had someone yell "Bullshit" and then completely forgot about it and decided to have everyone believe her anyway.

I still like the show, though, and the talky bits are interesting... I just wish they'd give me more to sink my teeth into rather than just "This is how it is, because I say so".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
It feels kinda like maybe Hiroe pitched a idea for a novel series but his publisher decided to do it as a anime instead.

• Locked thread