Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
Finally decided to build a new computer because I wanted to for quite a while, but now I'm not sure there's any recent game I really want to play that warranted that decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I had to unfriend someone from high school I usually just ignored because I keep my feed in Most Recent mode and they just kept posting "sexy" art of the Wendy's mascot. Just to be clear the problem is that I had to see that poo poo, not that they're no longer my FB friend.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a free but small gym 1.5 blocks away from me but I'm always tired and frankly embarrassed with how out of shape I feel.
No one is going to make fun of me and chances are I will be alone but... I can't get over this inertia.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I went to talk to a guy at a dealership today, and got told "No, we don't allow offsite inspections", and just loving bailed for that exact reason.

My FWP is that I found a beautiful SUV for only like 1500 more bucks than I have in my budget to throw at a new vehicle. It doesn't have the hands free bluetooth stuff, but god drat the inside of that car was immaculate. For a ~11 year old car that is just a miracle.

I found a nice hybrid used Altima and want to get a PPI on it, but I doubt the dealership will let me drive the car about 15 miles to my mechanic.

I'm paranoid that the battery will die a few days or weeks if I do get the car.

My car is a 1999 Altima with about 250k miles on her. I fear she will die one day and I'll be forced to carshop in a rush. At least I could Uber to work for a week if I needed to.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I desperately want to blast lovely 90s/2000s songs from my phone but it would be quite inconsiderate to the people near me.

Craaawling in my skiiin, these wooounds, they wiiill not heal

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Why are Chase's website so lovely? I want to pay my credit card to give you money, but the bottom half of the page won't load! Now I have to

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

Why are Chase's website so lovely? I want to pay my credit card to give you money, but the bottom half of the page won't load! Now I have to

Have to what???

FWP: I am in extreme suspense

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
*go home and use my computer

Not very exciting unfortunately

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
My phone always takes forever to reconnect to the free wifi in the subway stations and as such I am often unable to refresh my shitpost cache before we go back into the tunnel.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Bamabalacha posted:

My phone always takes forever to reconnect to the free wifi in the subway stations and as such I am often unable to refresh my shitpost cache before we go back into the tunnel.

"I don't get cell service on the subway" isn't an FWP anymore if my experience in Boston/NYC/Philly/Chicago was any indication

e: poo poo I remember years ago when you first started getting 2G cell reception on the MBTA, it was awesome and nowadays you get uninterrupted LTE the whole time, it's great

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My phone is starting to do this thing where it locks up for a few seconds every minute or two where I'm using the screen, and it's both annoying and extremely inconsistent. Like just now I was typing out this post and it went unresponsive for a moment, but the cursor within the post editor kept flashing. Other times I'll be watching some on YouTube it'll hitch for a moment, but at the same time I never experience such hitching when I listen to music.

Granted my phone is almost 4 years old by now (Galaxy S4) but it was working great until now and I don't want to have to figure which phone I want to get and which case/cover to buy and moving all my poo poo from this phone to the new one and having my phone bill go up and :(

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

C-Euro posted:

My phone is starting to do this thing where it locks up for a few seconds every minute or two where I'm using the screen, and it's both annoying and extremely inconsistent. Like just now I was typing out this post and it went unresponsive for a moment, but the cursor within the post editor kept flashing. Other times I'll be watching some on YouTube it'll hitch for a moment, but at the same time I never experience such hitching when I listen to music.

Granted my phone is almost 4 years old by now (Galaxy S4) but it was working great until now and I don't want to have to figure which phone I want to get and which case/cover to buy and moving all my poo poo from this phone to the new one and having my phone bill go up and :(

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-XT1096-16GB-Smartphone/dp/B00U6T59ZQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494276308&sr=8-3&keywords=moto+x+2nd+gen

I've had this phone since it came out and it rules. It's a couple generations old so accessories are dirt cheap. As far as moving poo poo over, Google handles most of that these days. I put my sim card into a new one of these when I shattered my old one and with wi-fi it took about 2 hours of downloading and tweaking a couple things before it was indistinguishable from my old one.

e: certified refurbished means it comes in a slightly less fancy box but is otherwise brand new from what I've seen

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Massive promotion, mega bux on overtime

Wife laid off

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fuk

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Massive promotion, mega bux on overtime

Wife laid off

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

fuk

Sounds like a good time for her to go back to school

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It seems like every time I go into a shop or whatever to buy something, I get stuck behind someone who gets to the counter, is told their total, and then says, "Oh, I just have to transfer some money over," and I have to stand there and wait for them to do their online banking because they're too loving stupid to keep some money on their card.

Goddamn, just keep $50 on your card and you won't have to do this.

Fake edit: Worst is when they actually know their total beforehand, like at a petrol station, and still can't get their poo poo together before reaching the poor schmuck behind the counter.

Okay, you just got $40 in fuel and are now standing in line. You obviously know you don't have enough on your card right at this moment because you're going to say just that to the cashier in a few seconds, so perhaps there's something you could be doing while you wait?

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 15:18 on May 9, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My wife's friend gave us a ton of avocados. We made a shitload of guacamole last night.

It's really good and I don't want to share it with anyone.

But I do want to share it because it'll start going bad before we can eat most of it.

But it's so good.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just found it a package I've been waiting on will be here by Saturday, but it's ems which means there's an 90% chance I'll get a little card saying "come pick up your poo poo!" instead of the mailman just ringing the goddamn doorbell.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I think I accidentally threw out something I was going to return. It was only like $15 but I feel pretty stupid.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I swear to god, Netflix, if I have to reinstall your app on my fire stick one more time because you "can't connect" and spit out a random error code...
Hulu doesn't do this poo poo; it just locks up between commercials.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gorilla Salad posted:

It seems like every time I go into a shop or whatever to buy something, I get stuck behind someone who gets to the counter, is told their total, and then says, "Oh, I just have to transfer some money over," and I have to stand there and wait for them to do their online banking because they're too loving stupid to keep some money on their card.

Goddamn, just keep $50 on your card and you won't have to do this.

I have never seen this before. Who doesn't use credit cards.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I still see the occasional senior citizen whipping out a checkbook at Publix.

Once in a great while, you get stuck behind a super coupon lady and then you know true anger.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A wonderful subgroup of those people are the ones who wait in a multi-person line at a coffee shop or fast food joint but don't look up at the menu until the person at the counter asks them what they want

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I kept having a lovely anxiety dream where I'd forgotten about an assignment and it was due today and I'd barely started. I woke up from that like 5 times and had to spend a minute or two remembering it wasn't real each time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

I've never had a credit card. A debit card, sure.

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

Gitro posted:

I kept having a lovely anxiety dream where I'd forgotten about an assignment and it was due today and I'd barely started. I woke up from that like 5 times and had to spend a minute or two remembering it wasn't real each time.

This happened to me for real when I was in college. I finished my final exam and turned it into the professor. She looked at me and said, "Thanks, where is you paper?" I had no paper. She had assigned it a month earlier on a day when I skipped class.

Dreams can come true!

OT: I want to go home for lunch, but the housekeeper is there, and it feels weird to fix a sandwich with the housekeeper watching me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Here's a real FWP: I'm too lazy to utilize refillable salt shakers, so I just keep buying the one time shaker two-packs, and have way too much pepper in my kitchen for it.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

This happened to me for real when I was in college. I finished my final exam and turned it into the professor. She looked at me and said, "Thanks, where is you paper?" I had no paper. She had assigned it a month earlier on a day when I skipped class.

Dreams can come true!

OT: I want to go home for lunch, but the housekeeper is there, and it feels weird to fix a sandwich with the housekeeper watching me.

I appreciate the self control it would have taken to not set yourself and the college on fire.

Other fwp: oral presentations are rear end and there's so goddamn many of them aaaaaah. No one wants to do them and no one wants to listen to them.

e: fire alarm test in the middle of a speech :discourse:

e2: oh my goooddddd stop asking questions

Gitro has a new favorite as of 00:18 on May 10, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

target had avocados for a dollar a piece but the 10 or so they had were all mushy and hosed up

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

Dreams can come true!

She assigned a final paper on the day you skipped class and literally never mentioned it in class or via email or whatever again?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Just woke up and read about Trump firing Comey and it's making me really worried.

I'm not even american for gently caress's sake, foreign politics should not be so troubling :mad:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Pantry / Fridge full of food but I can't quite figure out what I want to eat

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
Boss asking me to take on more leadership activities at work

I just wanna shitpost and gently caress around :/

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My home internet can't access imgur for some reason. There goes the entire point of half my bookmarked threads.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

I have all these games I want to play but Witcher 3, I just can't quit ya.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I ate 2lb+ of salad and I feel like I'm going to die because I'm so full. It was tasty but it was probably not a good idea.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I was having a Steam-chat conversation with a friend and I spelled hardware as "hardwhere" what the gently caress is wrong with me. I'm actively getting stupider :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The cats were only interested in the catnip for 2 minutes. I wanted to be amused for longer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Killed By Death posted:

I was having a Steam-chat conversation with a friend and I spelled hardware as "hardwhere" what the gently caress is wrong with me. I'm actively getting stupider :saddowns:

As I get older and tend to get less sleep, I sometimes hang on words that I want to say. The word is there, it's loaded in but it doesn't make it to my mouth very quickly. It's infuriating. I already have some issues with ADD so repeated diversions just throw me off track. Makes a person want to give up.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
My mum gave me some fresh rosemary and thyme a couple of weeks ago but I've only needed to cook once since then and I forgot to use it. They're probably not going to last until I have time to cook again, but in the meantime at least my fridge smells really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Gitro posted:

I appreciate the self control it would have taken to not set yourself and the college on fire.

Other fwp: oral presentations are rear end and there's so goddamn many of them aaaaaah. No one wants to do them and no one wants to listen to them.

e: fire alarm test in the middle of a speech :discourse:

e2: oh my goooddddd stop asking questions

I will always remember marine biology for this. So the professor's wife was due to have the baby, so class was super tight on time and paternity leave looming. The teacher assigned each of us an area of the ocean for group presentations. So three of my friends and I picked the deep ocean, since coral reefs and the open ocean and kelp forest were taken.

Ten minute presentations. So we made up nicely typed handouts, one person made a hydrothermal vent (think volcano science fair), we had a little puppet skit with toy squid and sperm whales, a nice aquarium we set up with replicas of deep sea animals (it took us a loving week to make them all out of clay, and they glowed in the loving dark!), and I made deep-water shots for everyone. Not with alcohol sadly, but blue Jello with gummy worms (aka hydrothermal worms). We rehearsed and timed it precisely to 10 minutes.

We were the last to present. The other groups...well, they had simple Powerpoint shows. One brought in sea urchin sushi. Another group of two girls did a "mussel" show by having the guy in their group flex, inviting everyone in the class to feel his guns. Everyone read off notecards. We had our poo poo memorized.

Our turn. The teacher was half asleep because his baby had been keeping him up all night. Everyone else kept looking at the clock because the other groups had run over, sometimes twice the allotted amount. When I passed out the Jello cups, one bitch thrust hers back to me, almost dropping it, snapping that she was a vegan and didn't EAT animal byproduct, and how gross it was I was making people take it.

The teacher had promised extra credit for the best presentation. It was ours, hands down, but he never remembered to give it to us.

In short, gently caress group projects.

FWP: hired a dude to trim our tree. He only did maybe half of it, citing he couldn't do the rest because of its height. He never said that poo poo when he first looked it over. So my mom paid him the full amount and our tree is still towering over the house.

We have a new vacation/timecard system at work and no one knows how to request vacation time.

A dude at work who is pretty libertarian keeps whining that liberals are the truly hateful ones, because they hate everyone who isn't liberal. Trying to shut him up is pointless. He insists he's not talking politics at work, it's just "common sense!"