Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Playing through NG+, doing Sae's palace.

During this entire ruse I have a hard time believing Ryuji "ITS ALL THANKS TO US BEING PHANTOM THIEVES" Sakamoto is able to keep it together and act inconspicuously.

He just hates Akechi so much that even he's able to choke it back for the opportunity to megaton-dunk on him later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oxxidation posted:

He just hates Akechi so much that even he's able to choke it back for the opportunity to megaton-dunk on him later.

I buy that, they set it up early that Ryuji truly hates that guy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ApplesandOranges posted:

One thing that sticks in my mind is there is one lesson (with that teacher with glasses) where she talks about how the suite of hearts in poker cards used to represent the Holy Grail. That's a cute touch.

I called the final treasure being the Holy Grail based entirely on that foreshadowing. Most of the other mythological questions tend to be related to the plot.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kurtofan posted:

persona 5 SIUltimax

add the siu director to the fighting game and make him an ultimate badass

id main him

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
PYF favorite Morgana line

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the ~meowhowhowhowhow~ laugh he does, that's a bad written version of it

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

"Ooh, we can do this!"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bogart posted:

do you even have to ask

ooh, we can do this

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

disappointed groan after cheating in a video game

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ChaosArgate posted:

"Ooh, we can do this!"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
My fatty tuna...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

"Oh Skull, you're pathetic"

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Bogart posted:

His response to "Time to button mash."

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The dark deed is done.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bogart posted:

Any line where he is freaking out over ~treasure~

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bogart posted:

It's definitely "ooh, we can do this". All other answers are incorrect.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It certainly goes well with one of those music tracks you only hear a couple times in the entire game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEeVrR4IVA

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ChaosArgate posted:

"Ooh, we can do this!"

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

"Time to carry out our plan"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
That was wonderful, Chie-chan!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Kanji pounded an enemy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Need a Makoto "A-ha! Is this our chance?" DLC

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Need a Makoto "A-ha! Is this our chance?" DLC

She needs to yell FIST OF JUSTICE when she does her followup and launch the enemy into orbit.

Man...I just noticed none of the followups in this game have a instant death property like Chie's Galatic Punt. Then again, this game had no tanks for someone to kick either.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Rirse posted:

She needs to yell FIST OF JUSTICE when she does her followup and launch the enemy into orbit.

Man...I just noticed none of the followups in this game have a instant death property like Chie's Galatic Punt. Then again, this game had no tanks for someone to kick either.

Does Yusuke's not? Every time I see it it never shows the damage value.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rirse posted:

Yusuke's follow-up is an instant kill. Not the out-of-party one though.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Bogart posted:

"the tender touch of a soft butt"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"I'm going to go score myself a hot stud!"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Tragically one of the best lines isn't voiced. I'm talking of course about Yusuke saying "my ad-mice is to pro-squeak with caution."

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dolash posted:

Tragically one of the best lines isn't voiced. I'm talking of course about Yusuke saying "my ad-mice is to pro-squeak with caution."

Yusuke is the absolute best.

I think on my NG+ run I might just roll with an Ann/Yusuke/Morgana party for the final boss. Might not be as optimal as using Makoto/Ryuji but it has Best Boy and having Morgana for the final fight feels more appropriate.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Ann's severe all-fire destroys that boss.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I am attempting a clean Merciless run rather than playing NG+, I got to Madarame at level 12. The fight is laughably impossible at level 12. I'm pretty sure it's impossible unless you have Rampage on Ryuji and the MC, certainly the former, so yeah needless to say I did not do that grinding on Merciless. Given that Merciless is about getting around your lower levels and such with intelligent strategy, but that said strategy is literally not available against Madarame before a certain level, I did not feel guilty turning down the difficulty to level in a human amount of time. Other than that, I've enjoyed the frustrations of Merciless quite a lot; beating Kamoshida at level 7 when most guides even for Normal recommend level 11 felt really great!

This time around I named my team Evolution because they are a mystery. This game is great.

e: If someone can record or find a video of Madarame being defeated without AoE physical skills on Merciless (or even Hard, honestly) I'll eat my hat.

I just discovered that the day of the pancakes is 6/9...nice...

Daunte Vicknabb fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 8, 2017

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's hilarious that I can get away with secretly making Molotov Cocktails and Stun Guns in class. Thanks Kawakami!

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Revitalized posted:

I think it's hilarious that I can get away with secretly making Molotov Cocktails and Stun Guns in class. Thanks Kawakami!

Not to mention miniature nuclear weapons. Best teacher.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

How did the cat learn to teach nuclear weapon manufacturing in the first place....

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

I am attempting a clean Merciless run rather than playing NG+, I got to Madarame at level 12. The fight is laughably impossible at level 12. I'm pretty sure it's impossible unless you have Rampage on Ryuji and the MC, certainly the former, so yeah needless to say I did not do that grinding on Merciless. Given that Merciless is about getting around your lower levels and such with intelligent strategy, but that said strategy is literally not available against Madarame before a certain level, I did not feel guilty turning down the difficulty to level in a human amount of time. Other than that, I've enjoyed the frustrations of Merciless quite a lot; beating Kamoshida at level 7 when most guides even for Normal recommend level 11 felt really great!

This time around I named my team Evolution because they are a mystery. This game is great.

e: If someone can record or find a video of Madarame being defeated without AoE physical skills on Merciless (or even Hard, honestly) I'll eat my hat.

I just discovered that the day of the pancakes is 6/9...nice...

12 is definitely way too low. Almost every fight I've seen has people at minimum 17 for Rampage on Ryuji.

I guess you could attempt it by abusing evasion items to try and dodge the elemental attacks, but your damage would still be pretty low, and it's more trouble than it's worth trying to get all the parts down at the second round. If you had the Matarukaja and/or the Marakunda items to go along with it, maybe.

EDIT: Looking through the list of Personas, Ippon-Datara learns Rampage at level 15? So that would be the lowest feasible level I reckon.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 8, 2017

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

"Ooh, we can do this!"

It can't be anything other than this. I wish there were more exams in the game.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
I have a fondness for the "wow" you hear when morgana sees how big your box is.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think on my NG+ run I might just roll with an Ann/Yusuke/Morgana party for the final boss. Might not be as optimal as using Makoto/Ryuji but it has Best Boy and having Morgana for the final fight feels more appropriate.

I felt bad for not using Morgana in the final boss fight :smith: I really wanted Makoto in the party and the other two spots were filled with serious damage-dealers so there was no room, I'm sorry thief cat friend

Maybe on NG+ I'll switch party members around constantly in that fight so everyone gets to punch God

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

I have a fondness for the "wow" you hear when morgana sees how big your box is.

He also says it when you make coffee :3:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well it's not like Morgana is unusuable alongside Makoto; his spell damage is still very respectable, and if you don't have Makoto's super-gun he's going to outdamage her in fights with multiple targets. If the statuses in the final fight could be cured by Salvation he'd have a stronger case, but he's pretty usable at any rate. The toughest fights endgame are all multi-target, so it's not like Atomic Flare is a humongous bonus for Makoto over him.

I really wish he'd get Evade Elec earlier in the game though, would make him a much more viable choice for the Twins fight rather than having to wait til the last day.

• Locked thread