Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What's the best level/part of the game to tackle the Hard Arena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

you wanna do that minigame anyway since it unlocks josettes s craft, and you want her s craft for the final dungeon where you gotta use everyone.

fun? fact, if you leave it until she learns bobcat 2 shell have it anyway

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"

Cake Attack posted:

fun? fact, if you leave it until she learns bobcat 2 shell have it anyway

Based on how the game is coded, it's supposed to basically go "whichever one of these you do first gives Bobcat S-Craft, the second gives Bobcat 2".

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Time to see how bad the steam link hates this game and wifi.

I'm not expecting much.

edit: Yup still won't launch the game via the steam link for some reason. Oh well. Same thing happens with the other two so oh well, whatever.

Edit 2: or I guess turning off windowed mode and/or hardware vertex shading made it happy.

Edit 3: windowed mode has to be off. It doesn't care about the shading. Cool. Guess it makes sense that steam in home streaming would get angry at windowed mode.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 8, 2017

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Effing 2% drops arrrrgh why am I even doing this

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Tell me about it, I keep putting in at least a little bit of effort to see if I can get a drop every time I find one, but no luck. Grimoires are the worst though, having to wait til they transform before you can have a shot at the drop. It gets kind of annoying to hit move on everyone til they decide to transform.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Finished it.

That was really something. :unsmith: Is there any missable content this time around, besides just items?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants posted:

Finished it.

That was really something. :unsmith: Is there any missable content this time around, besides just items?

if you did all the doors, no.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

gilbert :911:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the hero we don't deserve :patriot:

Is there any NG+-only stuff?

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016

Alard posted:

Tell me about it, I keep putting in at least a little bit of effort to see if I can get a drop every time I find one, but no luck. Grimoires are the worst though, having to wait til they transform before you can have a shot at the drop. It gets kind of annoying to hit move on everyone til they decide to transform.

The worst part is that there's no guarantee that they'll even transform into the people you want them to transform into, and you have to sit there and wait for them to do so before you know. And for some reason it seems that they're much less willing to transform into Zin+Zin or Zin+Josette. I have a suspicion that grimoires have different probabilities of "formations" on different maps but I can't confirm it.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

boss fights in this one are so fun

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
wait what do random encounter grimnoires do? ive been 1-shotting them this whole game

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

If they live long enough they'll transform into a copy of a character and can drop weapons

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

everyone saying goodbye at the end hosed me up. especially renne's. can't believe it's been over six years since i first played FC

anyway, time to move into a box and divert all my freed up money into lottery tickets so i can fund crossbell

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They took the Ouroboros logo shattering off of Phantom Raid :argh:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
In Moon Door 2, there's a guy whose speech bubbles are still in Japanese.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

everyone saying goodbye at the end hosed me up. especially renne's. can't believe it's been over six years since i first played FC

anyway, time to move into a box and divert all my freed up money into lottery tickets so i can fund crossbell

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll port that poo poo again, like how TITS 1 got a full voice PS3 port.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man that second chapter boss was a motherfucker, and actually pretty interesting, I like these fights.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Cake Attack posted:

The Loewe scene, the Rufina clone being put down so Anima Mundi can't come back, Kevin's past :smith: , all the chests in the end, Olivier asking Schera if she'll say "yes", final dungeon theme :unsmith:

it started out pretty well, got interesting and then ended amazing. hopefully I can shill it enough to everyone to get xseed more sales. everyone says crossbell is the best arc and if it was anything like this, I guess I'll have to learn japanese at some point.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

steamspy numbers are bumming me out

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Why can't I open Star Door 14? I've opened all the other doors. Do I actually need to complete all the minigames in the sun doors?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

Why can't I open Star Door 14? I've opened all the other doors. Do I actually need to complete all the minigames in the sun doors?

If you've forgotten a door, then you can check your notebook to see which ones you've done. If you need to have done the minigames (I dunno if you do), then you only need to beat the easiest level.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

steamspy numbers aren't very accurate, especially for the first few weeks

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

lets hang out posted:

Remember SC steamspy numbers? And how they bummed people out too?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

theblackw0lf posted:

Why can't I open Star Door 14? I've opened all the other doors.

Does that include Star Door 15, at the bottom of the Abyss?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Zaggitz posted:

if you did all the doors, no.
So no BP or Carnelia books or whatever to worry about? I have a few things I need to take care before I go heavy into 3rd so I haven't started yet.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The Steam sales have slowed right down, but it still seems to be the top seller on GOG. Dunno about the Humble version. If I remember right, SC ended up doing a lot better than expected on GOG anyway.

But it's to be expected, lots of people bought FC but haven't even started it yet so less people bought SC and even less started and finished that game to buy 3rd. I'm willing to bet Cold Steel on PC will sell much better, probably doing as well or even better than FC did, simply because it's the start of a new arc and it has a broader appeal (it's like Persona but fantasy, that's instant $$$ right there).

Ditto if XSEED ever get something worked out with Falcom regarding Zero and Ao, Zero would probably do alright too because it's the beginning of a new arc and while the sales numbers for Cold Steel 2 PC and a theoretical Ao release would be lower than the first games of each arc, Cold Steel 1 and hypothetical Zero would probably get an increase in sales just like FC did when SC came out.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

But it's to be expected, lots of people bought FC but haven't even started it yet so less people bought SC and even less started and finished that game to buy 3rd.

Who are these silly people who let things like "finishing games" get in the way of buying more games? (I should really finish SC)

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
In case anyone needed more confirmation:
http://www.twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/861547326480949248

Edit: why can I never get Twitter autoembed to work? Anyway, it's a blatantly-outline-of-Agate in CSIII.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

So no BP or Carnelia books or whatever to worry about?

Nope, none of those this time. The hidden stuff is completely incidental. If you can either win 300 battles without ever fleeing, or flee 300 times, you can get one of two unique quartz late in the game. Apart from that, the Grimoire enemies will apparently transform into doppelgangers of your party members if you let them live long enough, and in that form they have a small chance to drop unique equipment.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 8, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Seen people say there's some reward for reading all the books as soon as they show up. I've gotten the cheevo for reading them all but haven't seen a reward aside from that yet, maybe it's later. A new set shows up at the beginning of every chapter I think.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

OddObserver posted:

In case anyone needed more confirmation:
http://www.twitter.com/nihonfalcom/status/861547326480949248

Edit: why can I never get Twitter autoembed to work? Anyway, it's a blatantly-outline-of-Agate in CSIII.

After Tita was confirmed this became very likely

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wld2q4mLhYM

i cant even listen to this without crying, god drat

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cake Attack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wld2q4mLhYM

i cant even listen to this without crying, god drat

Estelle's parting message to Renne hosed me up so loving bad.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The last two chapters are superbly emotional. Even Star Door 14 made me melancholy, what with Walter and Bleublanc on the Glorious having a moment, watching everything they worked for crumble to dust as The Way of the Heart plays.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

One of the wiki people tried to put together a post-CS2 map reconciling all the little bits of it we've seen and the information we've been given. Pretty neat.

(CS3) Erebonia annexes North Ambria before CS3 which apparently makes it much larger than Calvard so don't take that huge green blob seriously. We just don't know anything about Calvard.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Hopping in to say just saw that Sky3 came out and bought it. Sad that it's not available for my Vita (and my S rank bracer files), but incredibly excited to see the Sky style orbaments. Cold Steel was not bad per se but a letdown after Sky and I hope that I get that Sky experience out of this one.

Anything I should know before ducking out of this thread until the credits are rolling?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

derra posted:

Hopping in to say just saw that Sky3 came out and bought it. Sad that it's not available for my Vita (and my S rank bracer files), but incredibly excited to see the Sky style orbaments. Cold Steel was not bad per se but a letdown after Sky and I hope that I get that Sky experience out of this one.

Anything I should know before ducking out of this thread until the credits are rolling?

someone posted an s rank sc file if you want that for transfer bonuses.

Other than that the structure of this game is unique in that there's no missable content or quests so you can blind run through the game without a guide and still see everything the game has to show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Was able to open Star Door 14 (had to complete several of the fishing games) now have a question about it

Who are the Anguis that we know so far from Cold Steel 1 and 2?

I know 2 is Viva Carlotte. Do we know who some of the others are?