Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Streak posted:

Single payer health care is great. It's really too bad that Americans are too stupid to figure it out, though.

We're ok if the not the "absolute best health care made by anyone ever, in all timelines".

We just don't like "choose between bankruptcy and health" anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

basic hitler posted:

even if she's a faithful hindu

Yeah, cause religious people are super good. We all know this as fact. :colbert:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Streak posted:

Single payer health care is great. It's really too bad that Americans are too stupid to figure it out, though.

It's not a matter of stupidity. It's a matter of "hmm, do we propose a single-payer system and turn off the money faucet from insurance companies or do we leave it as is and keep getting huge paychecks?"

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
just lol if u think american policy has anything to do with its citizens

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Eh aspects of it do, like private prisons and the school to prison pipeline

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

The_Franz posted:

It's not a matter of stupidity. It's a matter of "hmm, do we propose a single-payer system and turn off the money faucet from insurance companies or do we leave it as is and keep getting huge paychecks?"

I mean, there are Americans who think the government should not be in the business of providing or delegating healthcare. Not everyone against single payer healthcare is profiting from the current system. They're just really loving dumb and buy the propaganda against it hook line and sinker.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FisheyStix posted:

just lol if u think american policy has anything to do with its citizens

Yeah in polls a majority of Americans want universal health care but it's not going to happen because the money men don't want it to happen

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Death panels.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Streak posted:

Death panels.

an unironic good idea

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Streak posted:

Death panels. Claims adjusters

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, cause religious people are super good. We all know this as fact. :colbert:

I'm a deeply, deeply flawed person with a lot of issues, but i am unironically a devout Christian at the end of the day. I would say my faith is a big part of what pulls me to the left politically, actually.

So, having Tulsi Gabbard be a progressive veteran with Hindu faith should be a good thing to most progressives looking to play diversity and feminist bingo. However because she probably watched her military brothers and sisters die in combat, and as a result said and feels some bad things about murderous extremists; A bunch of moronic idpol centrists think she's an evil shitlord unworthy of their praise. Somehow, a wrinkled old reptilian that literally adopted her human-imitating persona from Mom on Futurama is yet still somehow worthy of their praise and indeed should run for the democratic nomination a third time, assuring that Donald Trump gets a second term, even though by all counts he should be one of the easiest incumbents to beat in the history of this country.

Yet so many democrats are tied to 1. The clinton money train and 2. the same money trains republicans are tied to, that an actual progressive with integrity like Bernie Sanders is loving unthinkable to them, lest their swamps be drained for real.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Amarcarts posted:

Obama ended Don't Ask Don't Tell though before Biden forced his hand on the marriage issue.

The decent strain of American culture has been fine with gay people for a LONG time. The only reason I think Obama wasn't pushing for marriage reform from the get go is that there is a significant amount of homophobia in the black community. He'd rather ride the wave of bottom-up reform than stick his neck out and risk alienating some of his base.
he didn't want to make clinton's mistake in the 1990s and i think obama's caution was on purpose as a political strategy from his community organizer background. he liked to tell the story of how a. philip randolph confronted FDR about desegregating the munitions industries during WWII and FDR replied "make me." i.e. FDR wanted to do it, but he would prefer to public pressure to force him to do it instead of imposing it from the top.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Eh, I know it's not a popular opinion around here but I still like Hillary a lot. She would have been a great president and she would have won too if it wasn't for our lovely election system. I hope she has the strength to stay in politics and drive the movement forward. American girls and women need to see that her defeat isn't the end.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

kikkelivelho posted:

Eh, I know it's not a popular opinion around here but I still like Hillary a lot. She would have been a great president and she would have won too if it wasn't for our lovely election system. I hope she has the strength to stay in politics and drive the movement forward. American girls and women need to see that her defeat isn't the end.

Is this one of those joke posts too? I can't tell :(

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I feel like American girls can do a little better than Hillary. Have you considered the merits of, say, a female human being like them?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Streak posted:

Really should be called something else, sounds like a monopoly or a "single choice". But I'm sure that is intentional.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 8, 2017

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
see this is the problem with american liberal rhetoric, this tossing of buzzwords and commodity slogans like "single payer" that get rah-rahs from people who idk immigrated from canada or something but just mystify people who are hearing about it for the first time and leave them wide open to GOP propaganda

like I've been hearing about single payer since 1993 and have only a vague idea of what it is and still don't know why people regard it as this supreme good

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 09:26 on May 8, 2017

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

dsriggs posted:

I don't think she should run for president again, but I also don't think she should disappear into a black hole like some people here feel. She's an experienced, competent politician, and the democrats need those now more than ever. I constantly have to remind people that Hillary did actually win the popular vote. People did like her, even if some sections of the left are now trying to portray her as a catastrophically bad candidate.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't think she should run for president again, but I also don't think she should disappear into a black hole like some people here feel. She's an experienced, competent politician, and the democrats need those now more than ever. I constantly have to remind people that Hillary did actually win the popular vote. People did like her, even if some sections of the left are now trying to portray her as a catastrophically bad candidate.

Unpacking exactly why she is absolutely and undeniably a catastrophically bad candidate is the stated purpose of this thread. Her experience and competence amounted to nothing. The popular vote is not the election, and never was. She is a professional loser who will bring the democrats down with her if it means she gets another chance to lose some more.

Why do you like her? What, exactly, exactly, has she done to earn that?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/861317789537193988
lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/GarrettGirton/status/861445513723482112

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

cool she's just a whiny baby as Trump

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

This is exactly the kind of stupid poo poo I'm talking about. Apparently Hillary isn't allowed to make public statements anymore because she lost an election, even if what she is saying is completely right. What makes it even worse is the blatant double standard: If Trump had lost no one would have expected him to hide and shut up.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Her experience was only even experience on paper. As a first lady she had the legal and constituational ability to do gently caress-all except lobby in a limited capacity for whatever the administration needed. As a senator she was an absentee conservative democrat that opposed gay marriage and her most notable achievement was a failed attempt to ban violent video games.

By the time she got to be secretary of state, it was clearly to placate her and again showed herself to be rather absentee, between what we can piece together from the wikileaks data and what is a matter of public record, it appears she spent her tenure as secretary of state engaging in pay4play corruption, breaking national security laws, and getting goons killed in libya.

"experienced". Lmao.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

after everyone's been forced to look at you for the duration of an election campaign were entitled to a long break from you

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

dsriggs posted:

Yes. He is a troll and also not an American.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

kikkelivelho posted:

This is exactly the kind of stupid poo poo I'm talking about. Apparently Hillary isn't allowed to make public statements anymore because she lost an election, even if what she is saying is completely right. What makes it even worse is the blatant double standard: If Trump had lost no one would have expected him to hide and shut up.

Yeah I can't imagine why people wouldn't want to hear the wisdom of someone who managed to lose an election to Donald Trump

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

the democrats need her type completely purged from the party you dolt.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sick. Lol at both candidates trying to call the media biased, especially this bitch who had almost every major outlet backing her and p much still does

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

That's so true. Join me in shouting: "MISOGYNY!!!! OMG!!!! DOUBLE!! STANDAAAAAARRRRD!!!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't think it's unfair to hold Hillary to a standard slightly higher than passive aggressive swipes on twitter.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't think it's unfair to hold Hillary to a standard slightly higher than passive aggressive swipes on twitter.

I don't really consider "Loser should shut up and disappear" to be "higher standard" worth striving for. I also don't see how this particular tweet was "passive aggressive" in any way.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
lol youre delusional if you think the media is telling her to do anything vs the other way around

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

kikkelivelho posted:

I also don't see how this particular tweet was "passive aggressive" in any way.

@HillaryClinton posted:

(But the media says I can't talk about that)
lol

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

noice

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soup du Journey posted:

lol youre delusional if you think the media is telling her to do anything vs the other way around

We gotta get her ready for 2020. The 1st step is to keep her in the news. Keep her relevant.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't really consider "Loser should shut up and disappear" to be "higher standard" worth striving for. I also don't see how this particular tweet was "passive aggressive" in any way.

Hillary Clinton should fall on her sword. if a roman politician had hosed up this badly he would not be able to live with the shame

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

poor hillary, oppressed by the media

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Yes. He is a troll and also not an American.

I always thought he was just an idiot, but considering he's previously said he's not American and is now maybe he is also a troll, interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

spacetoaster posted:

We gotta get her ready for 2020. The 1st step is to keep her in the news. Keep her relevant.

Have the fools learned nothing? They are just gonna let the public see her and hear her speak??

• Locked thread