Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Jack Barker: "Why don't you go ahead and take a seat, Gavin?"

Subtle reference to Chris Hansen, because of the COPPA violations?

Avasculous fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

empty baggie posted:

Every podcast I've heard Middleditch on, he's been almost the opposite of his SV character. Energetic, almost manic, cracking stupid jokes in silly voices over and over, and is both genuinely funny and extremely annoying. He seems to be just as big of a nerd IRL, but in a completely different way.

He was on one of those late shows, Colbert I think, and he got really into some story about how he used to have lan parties and one of the guys brought a water cooling unit for his PC. He giggled the whole time he enthusiastically talked about it and realized most of the way through that no one was laughing and just kind of flamed out. I laughed.

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!
Not cool Gavin

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Richard is going to team up with Gavin and then Gavin will ultimately screw him, right?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
gently caress yes, Dr. Octagon, the end credit music is always so great.

I saw there is an upcoming soundtrack album of the show from mass appeal records, soundcloud of a couple of the tracks here:

https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/sets/silicon-valley-the-soundtrack

Love that DJ Shadow + Nas tune.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Dinesh being able to attract a girl over their mutual hatred of Gilfoyle is hilarious.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mister Fister posted:

Dinesh being able to attract a girl over their mutual hatred of Gilfoyle is hilarious.

He did a sex on her!

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What was Gilfoyle reading when he was talking about Dinesh being murdered?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What was Gilfoyle reading when he was talking about Dinesh being murdered?

Same thing Dinesh was: the article about Gavin getting fired.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

teagone posted:

Just finished the episode. Lots of good laughs, drat. Jared's "woooos" had me dying.

That and Richard getting all physical on the closet door, both still make me laugh just thinking about em.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Has TJ Miller commented on his inspiration for his W mustache this season, or did he just do it because he thought it'd be funny?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
How is it possible for every character to be my favorite character?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

clown shoes posted:

Richard is going to team up with Gavin and then Gavin will ultimately screw him, right?

They'll have a common goal for the season: gently caress Jack Barker.
After that, yea, probably.

I feel like one of the other four Hooli founders will make their way into the season as well.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like them referring to Bighead's lovely university grades, I remember that detail being on the website which mentioned him being 3 credits short of attaining a BSCS from University of Oklahoma if I remember

E: I hope Bighead makes his students clandestinely work on SeeFood, probably by giving them assignments to come up with ML algorithms that can do what SeeFood's been said to do

After all, you don't really have the rights to a college assignment, right?

Fututor Magnus fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 8, 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Bighead continuing to fail upwards is awesome.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
"No, that'd be crazy. I'm just a guest lecturer." is the perfect line to come out of his mouth.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I hope Bighead keeps falling upwards and it just becomes a running gag (again).

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

I think you might be the first Pakistani man killed by a drone inside the United States.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I hope Bighead keeps falling upwards and it just becomes a running gag (again).
What I hope is that people love his lectures and this leads to further opportunities for him.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
More Jin Yang please. The pitch scene was amazing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I need to watch they episode again because Jin Yang is the best.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Bachman's completely made up Mandarin after checking no-one spoke it was fantastic. Loved this episode, I'll never tire of Bighead failing upwards.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
anyone have a transcript of Juan Yang and Ed's exchange in mandarin?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jealous Cow posted:

anyone have a transcript of Juan Yang and Ed's exchange in mandarin?

From reddit

quote:

Here's as I understood it:

Ed: Jian Yang, this is really important. You need to give us a functional app.

Jian Yang: There isn't one. We haven't even made a demo.

Ed: You haven't made one? Why?

Erlich: Boys, boys, let's speak in English. It's the law.

Jian: I wanted to do octopus recipes.

Ed: Octopus recipes?

Jian: All I hear is "I'm a big fat loving rear end in a top hat."

https://www.reddit.com/user/Epichorsey1337

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

Same thing Dinesh was: the article about Gavin getting fired.

No, no. He was reading some red book at his computer. I figured it would either be some tech nonsense or some Master & Margherita type of intellectual stuff he'd read.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kart Barfunkel posted:

No, no. He was reading some red book at his computer. I figured it would either be some tech nonsense or some Master & Margherita type of intellectual stuff he'd read.

It looks like it's a book in Mandarin or maybe Korean.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gorn Myson posted:

What I hope is that people love his lectures and this leads to further opportunities for him.

He's absolutely going to start receiving offers from Stanford, MIT, Caltech etc. thinking its for a degree program not realizing they want him as a tenured professor. Then he'll end up accepting honorary degrees because he doesn't think they really mean anything since you don't earn them.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gorn Myson posted:

Are you kidding me? People will HATE his lectures, so they will find a better place for him as head of the department.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

He led Hooli Labs also; he could be Bighead of a research program.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pentyne posted:

He's absolutely going to start receiving offers from Stanford, MIT, Caltech etc. thinking its for a degree program not realizing they want him as a tenured professor. Then he'll end up accepting honorary degrees because he doesn't think they really mean anything since you don't earn them.

"The 'Sore-Bon' wants to give me an honorary degree. Do they even *have* a CS department?"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Gorn Myson posted:

Big Head accidentally becomes the Feynman of computer science lectures. Everybody wants to hear him talk, because he explains things "down to earth". Granted Big Head doesn't actually know what he's talking about, but his insights are 'profound' for those listening.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is an actual "250+ Octopus Recipes" app in the play store. It has zero downloads.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

M_Gargantua posted:

Big Head accidentally becomes the Feynman of computer science lectures. Everybody wants to hear him talk, because he explains things "down to earth". Granted Big Head doesn't actually know what he's talking about, but his insights are 'profound' for those listening.

This is the funniest place they could go with it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is an actual "250+ Octopus Recipes" app in the play store. It has zero downloads.

Just you wait. This show will launch it into the stratosphere.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

gently caress yes, Dr. Octagon, the end credit music is always so great.

I saw there is an upcoming soundtrack album of the show from mass appeal records, soundcloud of a couple of the tracks here:

https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/sets/silicon-valley-the-soundtrack

Love that DJ Shadow + Nas tune.
Not to diss our wedding, but this episode ending on Blue Flowers was the best moment in my life.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Cingulate posted:

Not to diss our wedding, but this episode ending on Blue Flowers was the best moment in my life.

It was great, plus your wedding probably didn't have Richard wandering up to Gavin's compound wearing mismatched shoes :haw:

Kool Keith is criminally underrated and incredibly prolific.

Also I remember seeing some other show recently that used a track from The Automator's "Handsome Boy Modelling School" but I forget which show and track.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

priznat posted:

It was great, plus your wedding probably didn't have Richard wandering up to Gavin's compound wearing mismatched shoes :haw:

Kool Keith is criminally underrated and incredibly prolific.

Also I remember seeing some other show recently that used a track from The Automator's "Handsome Boy Modelling School" but I forget which show and track.
Get off my elevator

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
hooli.com has got the full Jack Barker treatment.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

An Important Message from Hooli CEO Jack Barker posted:

As you may know, I used to be CEO of Pied Piper before exiting voluntarily due to our incompatible priorities. Now it’s clear their leadership lacks a moral compass, and they forgot about any tech company's first responsibility: protecting the decent folks who make this big blue marble great. Like our troops. Troops: thank you for your service.

Personally, this hits close to home. Family means everything to me, and the thought of one of the littlest members of the Barker brood chatting with someone, a Gavin Belson type for instance, sure does scares the heck out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

This is exactly my idea behind it. He'd be fearlessly winging these completely empty self-help style lectures and people will lap it up.

• Locked thread