Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Drew became a huge meme last month and I think maybe Dan and Bianca are next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Drew meme ended up on The Daily Show not too long ago as part of a joke about memes.

Zinkraptor posted:

As a guy who had to make all the eggs at McDonald's - we had to crack open real eggs. We had these little circle molds we dumped the egg into. Trying to crack like 12 eggs in a row in quick succession without making a mess was not fun.

I think the egg sleeve thing was something they stopped doing a decade or so ago.

I worked at a McDonalds in the late 90s and even then they were using real eggs for the McMuffins and a pre-scrambled mix for the other kind.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Taco Bell has a few extra fancy restaurants. They opened one in Las Vegas that also has beer.

I have one of those a bit down the street from me. You can get Baja Blast with one or two shots of vodka in it to go along with your crappy tacos. It really is pretty great.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Oh, I know the discs are made easily enough, but what I meant was, I want egg tubes so I can eat them like I'm eating a subway sandwich :v:

Nah, Subway mixes the eggs into little pancakes and then stacks them and freezes them in a bag before they send them out.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

muscles like this! posted:

The Drew meme ended up on The Daily Show not too long ago as part of a joke about memes.

I worked at a McDonalds in the late 90s and even then they were using real eggs for the McMuffins and a pre-scrambled mix for the other kind.

Same. The scrambled eggs came in a paper carton like milk or juice. Though I'd still rather eat that than mcmuffin eggs, because I know at least myself as a dumb lazy teenager probably undercooked a good percentage of those eggs without really caring.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

Same. The scrambled eggs came in a paper carton like milk or juice. Though I'd still rather eat that than mcmuffin eggs, because I know at least myself as a dumb lazy teenager probably undercooked a good percentage of those eggs without really caring.

Sunny side up is the best egg. That or over easy. Both are underdone and awesome and no one should get sick from an underdone egg.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What's wrong with bulk food production? I cook for one so when I cook dinner I normally get 2-3 meals out of it. Nothing wrong with that.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sunny side up is the best egg. That or over easy. Both are underdone and awesome and no one should get sick from an underdone egg.

that's literally how you get salmonella (in the US). 80,000 cases annually just from specifically eggs. unless you mean "should" in a moral sense, because that's true I guess, since the only reason so many people get salmonella from eggs in the US is capitalism (there's no need to vaccinate the chickens if you instead just make it the consumers' fault for not cooking their eggs enough -- save your vaccination pennies! meanwhile in europe they do vaccinate their chickens and they don't have this problem)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Runny eggs are fine unless you have weakened immune system.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
runny eggs are good on toast but i prefer eating 'em in an omelette and you can't really have them runny in that

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Choco1980 posted:

I've been all over the country and have never been inside a KFC that seemed clean. At all.

I went to a KFC in Gorton (a really deprived part of Manchester) and some chav came in and started getting aggy at the server then got up and was walking around on the counter. I've never seen anything like it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Runny poached eggs popped over a dry stirred ramen and mushrooms. 🍄

It's dumb that maruchan hasn't responded to my letters for making that a serving suggestion in ads and pouches.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

InediblePenguin posted:

that's literally how you get salmonella (in the US). 80,000 cases annually just from specifically eggs.

Per capita consumption of eggs in the US is over 250/year. That's about 80 billion eggs consumed. That's a salmonella rate of .0001%.

I mean, sure, be concerned if you want. They do sell pasteurized eggs if you want them. Or if you have a sous vide cooker you can pasteurize your own. But if you play it dangerous and get over-easy or sunny-side up eggs down at the local diner, your odds are good.

Also: eating sushi and medium-rare burgers usually won't make you sick. And you can have my tamago gohan when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I don't like eggs. They taste weird.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Zaphod42 posted:

I don't like eggs. They taste weird.

Cook them with more butter. Watch french cooking videos where they just slather eggs with butter and finish it with butter before serving it. Butter!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Yeah, I should've been clear that I think actively being afraid of salmonella from eggs is pointless because the actual per capita rate is low but "no one should ever get sick from a runny egg" is demonstrably untrue because "80,000" and "no one" are not the same number, that's all. Just goony pedantry sorry

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

muscles like this! posted:

I worked at a McDonald's in the early 90s (like 91 when I was in high school) and back then they were using real eggs for the 'folded' Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit style, too. There was a rectangular metal frame that you'd pour the eggs into and then fold it into a square after it was done cooking. The carton seems like a better idea and less work, though.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Corrode posted:

I went to a KFC in Gorton (a really deprived part of Manchester) and some chav came in and started getting aggy at the server then got up and was walking around on the counter. I've never seen anything like it.

You've never seen a chav throwing a temper tantrum?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

Yeah, I should've been clear that I think actively being afraid of salmonella from eggs is pointless because the actual per capita rate is low but "no one should ever get sick from a runny egg" is demonstrably untrue because "80,000" and "no one" are not the same number, that's all. Just goony pedantry sorry

Well, it's like the old saying goes:

"You have to break a few eggs to......have runny eggs."

Or something like that. The point is that the risk is worth the reward.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

All this talk about fast food and it made me remember some people saying that McDonalds in Malaysia actually managed to beat KFC at their own game with their fried chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrXt-jvWaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nflu63DwUkk

"There's nothing like it" is definitely designed to troll KFC.

You can tell KFC is trying to counter this. With sex and memes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r16Z9gcMjbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaIsRlYaaT8

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who the hell thought loud chewing noises was a good idea for a commercial?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

The MSJ posted:

All this talk about fast food and it made me remember some people saying that McDonalds in Malaysia actually managed to beat KFC at their own game with their fried chicken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrXt-jvWaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nflu63DwUkk

"There's nothing like it" is definitely designed to troll KFC.

You can tell KFC is trying to counter this. With sex and memes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r16Z9gcMjbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaIsRlYaaT8

Mmm I forgot about the mcdonalds chicken in Malaysia. I GUESS I CAN TRY IT FOR SCIENCE FOR WHATEVER.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

An email I got today:

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 12:43 on May 8, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Might want to censor your email address there.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Yeah, who uses AIM any more?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm I forgot about the mcdonalds chicken in Malaysia. I GUESS I CAN TRY IT FOR SCIENCE FOR WHATEVER.

Swing by India and try their version of the Big Mac, it's amazing and I wish they offered it in North America.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

Swing by India and try their version of the Big Mac, it's amazing and I wish they offered it in North America.

What's the Hindu equivalent of the Big Mac? I'm assuming they have options with no beef.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

What's the Hindu equivalent of the Big Mac? I'm assuming they have options with no beef.

I think their version has lamb.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Who the hell thought loud chewing noises was a good idea for a commercial?

Well it's working on me. It helps that it's mostly crunchy fried chicken sounds.

Bogan King posted:

Yeah, you don't want #15 to find out you have been using his email. What will #13 and #14 think?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
It's more the aim part. That poo poo is just embarrassing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Maharajah Mac, it's this amazing spicy chicken breast thing.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Not really a better thread for this - There's a business in England that I like the name of, called "Chocolate By Design", an artisan chocolate shop with elaborately molded confections. I just like the name because it implies the idea of Chocolate by Accident. "What happened to this cement we were making?" "I don't know but it smells delicious!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Chicken is the meat replacement on most of the menu, but the menu really really doesnt match up well with the rest of the world. Its the single most unique menu in the McDonalds family, and by far the healthiest since meatless options make up the gaps where chicken wont do. Which made it a huge pain in the rear end to account for in global roll ups when I worked on the business.

Barudak has a new favorite as of 06:24 on May 8, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the idea of the aloo burger which is just a burger with fried potato for the filling.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They need a huge McDonald's in Times Square that serves all the international variants of McDonald's food.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

They need a huge McDonald's in Times Square that serves all the international variants of McDonald's food.

Just go to the test kitchen in Illinois. They hire people daily to order meals in their modular store array to test all sorts of different elements, so for instance when I took the tour they were testing for Poland. In the back warehouse they have models/blueprints for basically every McDonalds ever so if say, need be, they could rebuild the Yugoslavia Winter Olympics McDonalds.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Just go to the test kitchen in Illinois. They hire people daily to order meals in their modular store array to test all sorts of different elements, so for instance when I took the tour they were testing for Poland. In the back warehouse they have models/blueprints for basically every McDonalds ever so if say, need be, they could rebuild the Yugoslavia Winter Olympics McDonalds.

Yeah but most people are more likely to go to Times Square than suburban Chicago

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Sic Semper Goon posted:

You've never seen a chav throwing a temper tantrum?

Plenty of times, it was the walking on the counter bit that was surreal. Once he'd done it he didn't seem to know what to do next.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bogan King posted:

Thank you!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I wish McDonalds had more chicken options. gently caress, how about the spicy chicken sandwich as nuggets? That poo poo would be amazing.

Another add from an ex-golden arches employee: round eggs (mcmuffins, the old bagels) were regular eggs, the folded eggs were yolk-like batter that came from a carton. I preferred the latter, nothing like trying to pick shell out of those round bins.

I do remember being asked to make sure the eggs were always cooked, which seemed dumb to teenage Cowslips, as everything was on a timer and I never saw anything runny. But salmonella scares happen all the time (or people think they have it). I've been around reptiles my entire life so chances are I've had it by now. Would be funny if I got it from undercooked chicken after 30 years of handing turtles and snakes.

Marketing WTF: laser hair removal, okay, I get it, it runs on almost every radio station here so they must do great business. But there's a pregnant dj who was hired to run commercials, so what does the ad focus on? How hard it is for her, in her third trimester, to shave her legs. Because she is worried about what the doctors will think when she goes in to have her baby! I can't imagine the focus group for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Honey, you are going to poo poo yourself in front of that doctor. Your legs are fine, they are not going to judge.