Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"One of these days, Greedo, I'm gonna shoot you, and I'm not going to wait for you to shoot at me first."

SA forums remind me of this post once the film comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
His real name is Hank Solomon. During space Vietnam war his space dog tag saved him from a space bullet. The hole it's left in the tag made it read Han Solo. This name will always remind him of cheap space prostitutes and space civilians burning in space napalm. It's very tragic. Han is a complex character, you see.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

I can see how there could easily be a good Han Solo movie. If it's about how he got his name, and made by the people involved in making all the previous Star Wars movies I have no hope though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I defend eps 1-3 and I especially wouldn't want to see a standalone Had Solo origin movie. People defend 1-3 hate these Disney movies most of all.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SlipkPIe posted:

Eh, there were plenty of draws to go see Rogue One when it came out. I wanted to see it, before I knew the movie was a chopped-up mess.

But who could possibly ever want to see a Han Solo prequel? The folks who still defend Eps 1-3? There can't be that many

the ones that also think the force awakens is a good movie

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

the ones that also think the force awakens is a good movie

you seem to have the groups backwards for some reason. the prequel types love rogue one and hate force awakens. the type who'll just consume any media as long as it's in the same "universe".

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 8, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Groovelord Neato posted:

you seem to have the groups backwards for some reason. the prequel types love rogue one and hate force awakens. the type who'll just consume any media as long as it's in the same "universe".

There are no prequel types, and no one likes Force Awakens. Most people are iffy on Rogue One too.

Plus, who really needs to watch the original trilogy after all these years.

Basically, just go away Star Wars.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"One of these days, Greedo, I'm gonna shoot you, and I'm not going to wait for you to shoot at me first."

You're not thinking basic enough

there's going to be a moment where han shoots someone first, and looks directly at the camera, and says something like "i ALWAYS shoot first" and all the grognards in the audience will clap and cheer and give a standing ovation, and then i will ritually disembowel myself with a Coke(tm)-brand Lightsaber(tm) in the popcorn and candy wrapper strewn aisle of the cinema

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

there's going to be a moment where han shoots someone first, and looks directly at the camera, and says something like "i ALWAYS shoot first" and all the grognards in the audience will clap and cheer and give a standing ovation, and then i will ritually disembowel myself with a Coke(tm)-brand Lightsaber(tm) in the popcorn and candy wrapper strewn aisle of the cinema

Do me first though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There are no prequel types, and no one likes Force Awakens. Most people are iffy on Rogue One too.

force awakens was good and rogue one wasn't. i only know one person in my personal life who's a star wars fan that disliked rogue one and his reasons were the same was rlm (mine as well).

and yeah there definitely are prequel types. we got a subforum full of them. or young people that grew up with them or like i said people that like the dressing of the setting and don't understand the original movies are classics due to the characters and poo poo.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Do me first though.

but why would i deny you the pleasure of all the nerdcrew-esque podcasts screaming "Han shot first! VERY COOL!"

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Plus, who really needs to watch the original trilogy after all these years.

Basically, just go away Star Wars.

its painfully obvious you do not interact with people outside of the internet.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

in fact, i will :toxx: for there being some sort of han shot/han is shooting first reference in the movie

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

but why would i deny you the pleasure of all the nerdcrew-esque podcasts screaming "Han shot first! VERY COOL!"

Fine. You open your guts, and I'll make a small shrine to you that I watch Nerd Crew videos with.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

Oh god you're right

starkebn
May 18, 2004

SlipkPIe posted:

Oh god you're right

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clawtopsy posted:

in fact, i will :toxx: for there being some sort of han shot/han is shooting first reference in the movie

Whoa we got a real badass here.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

*two months before release, some late night talk show*

mr. talk show host: well, mr young han solo actor man, that was a great interview but the question on everyones mind is...

*murmurs of excitement from the audience. is he actually going to ask it???*

mr. talk show host: ...will han...

*the murmurs grow louder, into excited gibbering. faint utterings of 'chewbacca', 'lightsabers' and 'darth vaderrrrrrr' can be heard echoing about the studio*

mr. talk show host: ...shoot...

*the murmuring has become a chant reaching crescendo. MILLENNIUM FALCON MILLENNIUM FALCON MILLENNIUM FALCON*

mr. talk show host: .... FIRST???????

*the audience all erupt into gales of applause and laughter, several straight up dying from nostalgia-induced aneurysms*

mr. han solo actor man: *winks knowingly at the camera* haha good question, i can't say for now, just that you should DEFINATELY be there on premier day to find out!!!!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Whoa we got a real badass here.

im not a gambling man, i only make v v safe bets

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gently caress movies.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jonas Albrecht posted:

gently caress movies.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

SlipkPIe posted:

Oh god you're right

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
John Crichton has aged poorly

the gold make up couldn't save him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

gently caress movies.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randarkman posted:

No Han Solo punching a giant weasel in this one

But this was the best thing ever!

The prequels are crimes against cinema and nothing is going to change that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oohhboy posted:

The prequels are crimes against cinema and nothing is going to change that.

Hang on, I have a stupidshit analysis of the Star War films that says the prequels are good because rings. I'll also be papering over the numerous instances where my theory doesn't hold up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jedi Returns, the third film in the Star Wars franchise, was released in 1983. Twist and turns of its adventurous plot, mythological and fairytale motifs, along with its melodramatic romance intrigue masterfully obscured ominous anti-Communist plans of space militarisation (photo: actors Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Jedi Returns, the third film in the Star Wars franchise, was released in 1983. Twist and turns of its adventurous plot, mythological and fairytale motifs, along with its melodramatic romance intrigue masterfully obscured ominous anti-Communist plans of space militarisation (photo: actors Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher)

pure strain "Western media is seditious" propaganda, like a fine wine

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I hope they kill Captain America as a metaphor for the failure of American democracy

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

FuturePastNow posted:

I hope they kill Captain America as a metaphor for the failure of American democracy

I can do you one better. Turn him into a nazi.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's hilarious how pissed off idiot nerds are about that. Holy poo poo an alternate reality/brainwashing story? This has never happened before and is extremely problematic.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

I hope next Captain America is a redpilled female Trump supporter AND is not a nazi.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

parallelodad posted:

It's hilarious how pissed off idiot nerds are about that. Holy poo poo an alternate reality/brainwashing story? This has never happened before and is extremely problematic.

There's a goon I followed on Twitter that I had to drop because he would not shut up about it.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
God, could you imagine caring enough about any of this poo poo to have Serious Opinions about it?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The best thing to come from Avengers 2 was RLM's Ultron California imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf-_230SjbM

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

avengers 2 was real bad but wasn't the crew pretty kind to it?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Snatch Duster posted:

John Crichton has aged poorly

the gold make up couldn't save him

His Scorpius voice is still up to par.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Arcsquad12 posted:

His Scorpius voice is still up to par.

MAN I love Farscape way the hell more than Star Wars

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

KakerMix posted:

MAN I love Farscape way the hell more than Star Wars

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

powerful sex moves posted:

God, could you imagine caring enough about any of this poo poo to have Serious Opinions about it?

The only thing I have serious opinions on is that Cinema Discusso is the worst corner of the internet and as such I will go as far as rising through the Chinese military to become a submarine captain and going AWOL to nuke Australia just to kill Michael Bay to spite them.

Otherwise, star wars gay, so what?

• Locked thread