Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was extra skeeved out by Roshi's behavior this time. It wasn't a shock or a surprise, just downright gross and offensive and painful to watch, as that joke always has been, but it was much more prolonged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Squallege posted:

Cell's artificial so he probably doesn't even have a soul

Cell's in Hell baby.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The best thing about this will be when Goku tries to bribe Freeza with 10mil Zeni

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I told you Buu had blown his wad in the exhibition.

This is still really dumb, though. Super is on a poor run recently.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

I told you Buu had blown his wad in the exhibition.

This is still really dumb, though. Super is on a poor run recently.

Remember, you said you'd drop the show if Buu got fat again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mordaedil posted:

Remember, you said you'd drop the show if Buu got fat again.

Two months in bed will do that to a person/goo monster.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Buu is suffering from overtraining, which is a legitimate thing for those of us without access to senzu bean technology (or tren).

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I knew that was all we were going to get of Fit Buu. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wow, they're actually doing it - or at least making it a plot point. I'm kinda expecting it to be a bait-and...not-switch, I suppose? Maybe they shove Buu inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for a bit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Real surprised that they haven't been selling this hard and actually kept it secret.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Man he's only back for 24 hours like Goku and Vegeta. Well it's still interesting.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

considering ss3 drained a bunch of goku's time, frieza might power up and then immediately go back to the afterlife

the fights suppose to only be like 45 minutes. he should be fine

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

and potara fusion was supposed to last forever, then an hour, then whoops we ran out of time lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Continuity matters in Dragonball for exactly long enough to set up the next cool fight scene.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it matters in this instance in that frieza poofing out of existence mid fight is absolutely a joke dragon ball would pull

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
If I cared about spoilers, I'd be really miffed about the lack of tags this page.

Echoing the sentiment that Tien and Roshi blow and I'd rather keep Buu.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I want to see Freeza's reaction to being told he can't murder anyone. That's gonna be fun.

Raxivace posted:

I don't really get these people surprised by Roshi being a pervert. Like the character's very first appearance ever has him trading a Dragon Ball to Bulma in exchange for her flashing her panties at him.

Yeah, exactly, he traded a Dragonball for a panty flash, he didn't carry off Bulma to a room and tried to grope her. He's always been a pervy old man but in the latest episode he was much worse than he'd been before.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kild posted:

the fights suppose to only be like 45 minutes. he should be fine

And we all know what Freeza can do in five.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Veotax posted:

And we all know what Freeza can do in five.

It was always going to be an unreasonably long 45 minutes, now we're going to be watching the tournament of power well into next year.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Given that we saw none of Tien's useful moves in this last (bad) episode, I predict he will do great things in the tournament itself.

Another Gohan episode means he's going to last 2 or 3 seconds.

Vegeta & secret entrant no. 1 will go all the way (in every sense).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

YF-23 posted:

Yeah, exactly, he traded a Dragonball for a panty flash, he didn't carry off Bulma to a room and tried to grope her. He's always been a pervy old man but in the latest episode he was much worse than he'd been before.

The (Toei filler) episode where he was infected with an Evil pathogen was so good because it stripped away all the "innocent" pretense of the pervy old man archetype, and made him outright rapey towards (best girl) Marron, and similarly exposed Chi Chi as legitimately abusive towards Gohan, rather than just "strict" in the Japanese housewife sense.

This episode lacked any of that perspective. He's just a monster and Tien and Goku enable that behaviour out of misplaced deference to an elder.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I am hype for Freeza
Really looking forward to how that will play out.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
poo poo, now I really want to see interaction between him and the Pride Troopers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

Man he's only back for 24 hours like Goku and Vegeta. Well it's still interesting.

They are going to have to offer Frieza something better than a 24 hour reprieve from hell. If he has to go back to his punishment right after the tournament he would have every reason to throw the match and make sure Universe 7 is erased.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tien's going to kill himself training his Kikoho up and will need to be replaced with King Piccolo.

Pureauthor posted:

poo poo, now I really want to see interaction between him and the Pride Troopers.

"It sure is Zarbon in here."

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I forgot, and love, the way the Pride Troopers are basically just a good guy version of the Ginyu force.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Wait why don't we get Purified Dabura

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Archenteron posted:

Wait why don't we get Purified Dabura

He is a pacifist and would never harm another sentient being.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think this a fake out or something Freeza is all about killing people so having him in a tournament where that's against the rules seems like a no go.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rutibex posted:

They are going to have to offer Frieza something better than a 24 hour reprieve from hell. If he has to go back to his punishment right after the tournament he would have every reason to throw the match and make sure Universe 7 is erased.

They could always lie to him like how Goku is lying to everyone by promising them a bunch of money despite the only possible way he could get that money to give them would be to wish for it, but he's already promised 17 the ability to wish for a boat.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kanos posted:

They could always lie to him like how Goku is lying to everyone by promising them a bunch of money despite the only possible way he could get that money to give them would be to wish for it, but he's already promised 17 the ability to wish for a boat.

I can't wait for them to all be in Whis's cube together when the actual reason for the tournament lets slip.

Candidates:
Android 18 bullies it out of 17
Beerus tells everybody and gives them the world's shittiest coach speech about how failure isn't an option
Goku casually tells everybody like it ain't a thing. You got pranked, yall!
Piccolo tells everybody because it's important, dammit.
Roshi already knew, his sister told him like during the exhibition match.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think this a fake out or something Freeza is all about killing people so having him in a tournament where that's against the rules seems like a no go.

Normally I'd agree but Frieza seemed pretty deferential to Beerus before so I expect he has some understanding of the Celestial Bureaucracy and the power they wield. He might play ball if Beerus tells him to.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

YF-23 posted:

I'm almost certain they've done the exact same kind of "jokes" with Roshi before but fair enough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Freeza not being able to kill people would be hilarious because dude has no loving idea how to do that.

Although if he can do that move he did to kill Krillin without the explosion at the end it'd be helluva OP in a world you can't fly in,

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Freeza not being able to kill people would be hilarious because dude has no loving idea how to do that.

Although if he can do that move he did to kill Krillin without the explosion at the end it'd be helluva OP in a world you can't fly in,

Eh he is actually pretty good at killing when he wants to be.

Like Death Beams are pretty efficient as far as techniques go.

E: I misread that yeah he is hosed

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 8, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Freeza was doing pretty good and torturing Vegeta and Goku without killing them back when he had a comfortable advantage over them.

Against equals? Eh.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm really not looking forward to the inevitable Roshi/Female Brolly interaction.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
What are you all talking about, by winning, he gets to kill whole galaxiesuniverses.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 8, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God why would you ever go to Freeza over Goten or Trunks

Yes, Freeza is way more powerful, but Christ at least you can expect Goten and Trunks NOT to try and sabotage everything and also if he gets the wish they're ALL hosed

I think it says everything about Universe 7 that not only did Beerus support and promote Freeza, he also PLANNED FOR HIM TO BE THE NEXT GOD OF DESTRUCTION

That's just some next level Bad At Your Job ing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goten and trunks wouldn't try to sabotage things but they would do it anyway like they did with buu

• Locked thread