Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's her return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't think she should run for president again, but I also don't think she should disappear into a black hole like some people here feel. She's an experienced, competent politician, and the democrats need those now more than ever. I constantly have to remind people that Hillary did actually win the popular vote. People did like her, even if some sections of the left are now trying to portray her as a catastrophically bad candidate.

Ya know, the popular vote thing is funny, since that's not how Presidents are elected.

But since you go around reminding people of nonsense, check this out!

If California sank into the sea, Trump would have won the popular vote too, and polling indicates that if they held the election now, Trump would still win!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Have the fools learned nothing? They are just gonna let the public see her and hear her speak??

lol

Blue Train posted:

It's her return

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Train posted:

It's her return

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
The only time you should be bringing up the popular vote is if you're trying to explain what a disappointment Hillary is, like "Hillary campaigned for the popular vote and, in so doing, doomed the country to being ruled by a retard piss baby"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
lol hillary clinton had more than twice as many faithless electors than donald trump

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nah the electoral college has always been loving retarded and was put in place so the slavers would have disproportionate political power.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Regardless of your opinion on the electoral college it was the system she was running under, and she probably should've tried not to lose so many electoral votes while running up the score in New York and California

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rutibex posted:

Hillary Clinton should fall on her sword. if a roman politician had hosed up this badly he would not be able to live with the shame

Also modern Japan and Korea. Which I respect

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah the electoral college has always been loving retarded and was put in place so the slavers would have disproportionate political power.

it's weird that all those Democrats who won under that system never changed it to a popular vote

only the losers cry about it afterwards

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

it's weird that all those Democrats who won under that system never changed it to a popular vote

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

I remember all the pre-election talk about the inherent advantage democrats had (~the blue wall~) on the electoral map

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hahaha this is loving iberals.jpg right here. Post that in D&D uspol and i bet nobody would see the problem

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

basic hitler posted:

Hahaha this is loving iberals.jpg right here. Post that in D&D uspol and i bet nobody would see the problem

We had a thread making fun of stuff like this in c-spam, but even they were too liberal to allow an actual thread about making fun of liberals.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

basic hitler posted:

poor hillary, oppressed by the media

A number of news networks definitely tried to make the race look as close a possible despite Hillary's constant lead. The media also spent a ton of time entertaining and normalizing Trump's retarded bullshit antics. I don't agree with her being "oppressed" by the media but none of the major networks we're ever truly on her side, which makes their post election tears even more pathetic. You have no right to cry about Trump being the wrong choice when you've enabled him fomr the loving start.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

how did you make this post without realizing how dumb it is. how many times have the dems won the electoral vote and not the popular.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

A number of news networks definitely tried to make the race look as close a possible despite Hillary's constant lead. The media also spent a ton of time entertaining and normalizing Trump's retarded bullshit antics. I don't agree with her being "oppressed" by the media but none of the major networks we're ever truly on her side, which makes their post election tears even more pathetic. You have no right to cry about Trump being the wrong choice when you've enabled him fomr the loving start.

Looooooooool

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

kikkelivelho posted:

Trump was the only potential candidate Hillary stood a chance against, that's why she instructed her media connections to elevate him early on.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Assuming you aren't trolling

According to an email from Marissa Astor, Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook’s assistant, to Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, the campaign knew Trump was going to run, and pushed his legitimacy as a candidate. WikiLeaks’ release shows that it was seen as in Clinton’s best interest to run against Trump in the general election. The memo, sent to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) also reveals the DNC and Clinton campaign were strategizing on behalf of their candidate at the very beginning of the primaries. “We think our goals mirror those of the DNC,” stated the memo, attached to the email under the title “muddying the waters.”

The memo named Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz, and Ben Carson as wanted candidates. “We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to them seriously,” the memo noted

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

how did you make this post without realizing how dumb it is. how many times have the dems won the electoral vote and not the popular.

What's this have to do with anything? All the more reason for them to have used that victory to do away with it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

kikkelivelho posted:

On a scale of one to ten, how bad did you want to kill yourself as election night drew to a close?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

What's this have to do with anything? All the more reason for them to have used that victory to do away with it.

you would need a constitutional amendment to abolish the electoral college, and lol at that ever happening

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

According to an email from Marissa Astor, Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook’s assistant, to Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, the campaign knew Trump was going to run, and pushed his legitimacy as a candidate. WikiLeaks’ release shows that it was seen as in Clinton’s best interest to run against Trump in the general election. The memo, sent to the Democratic National Committee (DNC) also reveals the DNC and Clinton campaign were strategizing on behalf of their candidate at the very beginning of the primaries. “We think our goals mirror those of the DNC,” stated the memo, attached to the email under the title “muddying the waters.”

The memo named Trump, Sen. Ted Cruz, and Ben Carson as wanted candidates. “We need to be elevating the Pied Piper candidates so that they are leaders of the pack and tell the press to them seriously,” the memo noted

Ha and yet when I first said this they howled and called me a conspiracy theorist and handed out probs to anyone who agreed

Thanks wikileaks

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

mannerup posted:

you would need a constitutional amendment to abolish the electoral college, and lol at that ever happening

This is what happens when you retreat to urban areas as a party and completely poo poo on rural areas. Perhaps if they gave a poo poo about the rural areas, Republicans wouldn't have had the power to gerrymander those areas in their favor.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

before 2000 the electoral college had only hosed up once. now the republicans have only won the popular vote once since 1988 but got three terms out of it. and even in 2000 the electoral college didn't really gently caress up it was stolen.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

before 2000 the electoral college had only hosed up once. now the republicans have only won the popular vote once since 1988 but got three terms out of it. and even in 2000 the electoral college didn't really gently caress up it was stolen.

so before 2000, way back when pro-slavery candidates won, that wasn't a gently caress up? it was created to allow such a terrible outcome, was it not?

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
"Electoral college BAD, super delegates GOOD."
If the electoral college was a major issue loving Obama had 8 loving years to get rid of it. It's almost as if the democrats didn't care about it till they lost.

Dean of Swing fucked around with this message at 15:33 on May 8, 2017

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Dammit double post

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Hillary lost to Donald Trump. Donald Trump. That guy. She also may have killed the entire Democratic party.

In ancient Rome and medieval Japan, if you hosed that bad, you'd typically go for an honorable suicide over living in disgrace.

However, she is a dishonorable p'takh not worthy to enter into sto'vo'kor

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
she is WITHOUT HONOR

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
IF YOU WERE ANY OTHER MAN I WOULD KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND!!

*stabs bat'leh into table*

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
*is extremely nice to Clinton supporters, implying they're soft*

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Blue Train posted:

It seemed like an excellent plan at the time. Trump was a racist, sexist moron who had no actual policies. In most elections he wouldn't have had a chance. I'd argue the plan would have worked perfectly in most other western countries (see what happened with Makron and Le Pen in France). In retrospect it's easy to say that supporting Trump in the primaries was a flawed plan, but at the time there was no way to tell just how much support and attention Trump would get from voters and the media.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

rezatahs posted:

she is WITHOUT HONOR

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Blue Train posted:

Can't stop feeling sorry for Jeb! :(

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I'd rather hit that than HRC any day of the week.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

there was no way to tell just how much support and attention Trump would get from voters and the media.

the dnc colluded with the media to cover him hth

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Hillary takes full responsibility for her loss
Hillary blames Comey and Wikileaks for her loss
"Yes, this person is leadership material"

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Bernie would've won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

kikkelivelho posted:

It seemed like an excellent plan at the time. Trump was a racist, sexist moron who had no actual policies. In most elections he wouldn't have had a chance. I'd argue the plan would have worked perfectly in most other western countries (see what happened with Makron and Le Pen in France). In retrospect it's easy to say that supporting Trump in the primaries was a flawed plan, but at the time there was no way to tell just how much support and attention Trump would get from voters and the media.

You know, it's not a good idea to interfere in the democratic process in the attempt to elevate a candidate favorable to your goals. People get really mad when you do!

• Locked thread