Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Germansimp posted:

Kane vs Big Show from the May 8th, 2006 episode of Raw.

Is this the match where they trolled everyone by doing a long chain-wrestling sequence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Benne posted:

Is this the match where they trolled everyone by doing a long chain-wrestling sequence?

nobody actually likes that match right? just "lol big fuckers doing an awful imitation of chain wrestling" right?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Monkeycheese posted:

nobody actually likes that match right? just "lol big fuckers doing an awful imitation of chain wrestling" right?

They actually put in an honest effort and it's worth watching just for that. It's not like witnessing the dream Kurt Angle vs. Bret Hart match but it's certainly better than a plodding slapfest.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It had a massive gently caress finish due to Edge's interference, but Taker/Batista HIAC from Survivor Series '07 was good stuff.

Also any combination LU's had of Matanza, Mil Muertes, and Cage beating the crap out of each other.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Monkeycheese posted:

It was a relatively unique way to use the medium of a wrestling match to advance the story they were telling. Also, the fact that the match wasn't super stellar was actually kind of integral to what they were doing, and if you don't appreciate when someone is clever enough to use their talents within their medium to take something that's objectively bad and make it good by giving it meaning, you're a sourpuss :colbert:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big Show is usually very entertaining when he's having fun out there, and that match is no exception

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Sanguinia posted:

It was a relatively unique way to use the medium of a wrestling match to advance the story they were telling. Also, the fact that the match wasn't super stellar was actually kind of integral to what they were doing, and if you don't appreciate when someone is clever enough to use their talents within their medium to take something that's objectively bad and make it good by giving it meaning, you're a sourpuss :colbert:

This. The match did what it was trying to do extremely well.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Big Show is also a fantastic commentator and should get to do it all the time.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Big Show also gave us The Showster

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I remember when Big Show went on Austin's podcast, during the height of the "please retire" chants. Austin asked him about getting pushed too hard at his age, and Show said something like "getting pushed for what? I can't even remember the last time I won." That's when Big Show won me over forever.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

What's the canon reason for the Million Dollar Man being so rich?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Genericide posted:

He had exactly one million dollars.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Genericide posted:

He's called The Million Dollar Man

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Genericide posted:

He sold the cocaine to the locker room at the time.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Also he was best friends with the living incarnation of the IRS

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Genericide posted:

Well, you see, everybody's got a price, and his was very high.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Genericide posted:

Inheritance, I think.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Million Dollar man sold weapons to Iran and blamed it on Ronald Reagan. And that's why Hulkamania is gonna run wild on him, brother!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If he had exactly 1 million dollars then how did he pay for the million dollar belt

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Blasmeister posted:

If he had exactly 1 million dollars then how did he pay for the million dollar belt

He bought more money

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
He's the Million Dollar Man in the same way that "The Millennium Man" Sid Vicious is the Master of the Powerbomb. Sid existed both before and after the turn of the millennium, and has many powerbombs. Likewise the Million Dollar Man.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The Million Dollar Man doesn't just have 1 million dollars, he always has 1 million dollars. He just bought off a ref or an opponent? Still 1 million. Purchases the million dollar belt, valued at $1million? Still 1 million.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

dromal phrenia posted:

The Million Dollar Man doesn't just have 1 million dollars, he always has 1 million dollars. He just bought off a ref or an opponent? Still 1 million. Purchases the million dollar belt, valued at $1million? Still 1 million.

But then he couldn't buy anything that costs more than $1 million so he couldn't, say, buy the belt and also pay virgil until he got to a bank, right?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Thauros posted:

Ever take a look at the 1995 WON Awards?

One of these things is not like the others.

One of these things does not belong.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spuckuk posted:

yeah taue and kawada were a better tag team than misawa and kobashi

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ted DiBiase made a deal with the Undertaker for necropants.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Spuckuk posted:

**kicks booker t in the face**

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Platypus Farm posted:

But then he couldn't buy anything that costs more than $1 million so he couldn't, say, buy the belt and also pay virgil until he got to a bank, right?

He could buy the belt and give Virgil all of the $0 he was being paid, yes.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He could buy the belt and give Virgil all of the $0 he was being paid, yes.

They actually established he was giving Virgil money when Virgil turned on him, because Ted goes "Need I remind you about your ailing mother?", right before Virgil picks up the Million Dollar Belt and pops Ted with it, the implication being that Ted was bankrolling her care.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

A good friend

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jason Sextro posted:

Big Show also gave us The Showster

Oh yeah, I distinctly remember falling off the couch laughing for that. That show also had a Malenko/Scotty 2 Hotty match where Dean murdered him with a super brainbuster

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

wasn't that a top rope DDT?

legendary spot monkey Dean Malenko

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Basic Chunnel posted:

wasn't that a top rope DDT?

legendary spot monkey Dean Malenko

It was, you're right . It was brutal as hell

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So the house show coming to my area is advertising Nakamura/Owens, which could be loving sweet to see live, but I (literally) just heard that Nakamura works really light if its a house show. Is that true enough for me not to spend the money?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

ShootaBoy posted:

So the house show coming to my area is advertising Nakamura/Owens, which could be loving sweet to see live, but I (literally) just heard that Nakamura works really light if its a house show. Is that true enough for me not to spend the money?

If you're looking for workrate at a house show you're better off spending your cash elsewhere. That said, house shows are super fun, and Nakamura/Owens at 60% will probably be better than most guys at 100%.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Mob posted:

It was, you're right . It was brutal as hell

There's a Nitro match where he finishes Mysterio off with a top rope powerbomb that was just the coolest goddamn thing I ever saw at the time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Those two can work a crowd so well, you probably won't even remember the wrestling. That sounds like a lot of fun.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
there was a nakamura/steen match in ROH i remember watching online awhile back. it was pretty drat good. the wwe house show equivalent probably won't be to the same level, but hell i can't imagine it being truly bad in any way.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Perry Normal posted:

There's a Nitro match where he finishes Mysterio off with a top rope powerbomb that was just the coolest goddamn thing I ever saw at the time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/45e89r/dean_malenkos_avalanche_gutwrench_powerbomb/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Nakamura now puts in NJPW boonies house show 8 man tag levels of effort in NXT main events so I can only imagine how he is on a WWE house show, especially with the increased schedule.