Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Or a song that's for some mystery reason split into two songs so when you hear it on radio or in a playlist you only get half the song. I'm thinking Tool's Parabol/Parabola but I know Pink Floyd has a bunch of these like Empty Spaces/Young Lust. I'm also irritated that "what shall we do now" isn't on the actual album and I had to rip it off the DVD. That's like my favorite song on there.

Kind of a side note but the ad before the video for what shall we do now just now was for some game for babies. That is just like... not appropriate :psyduck:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 20:42 on May 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
I'm waiting on an important package. On Wednesday I got home to find an "attempted delivery" note on the door, but Thursday and Friday someone was home all day, nobody knocked, called or left a slip on the door, and both days I got emails late at night saying "delivery was attempted, sorry we missed you!"

What the gently caress kind of bullshit is this, Fedex?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Nettles Coterie posted:

I'm waiting on an important package. On Wednesday I got home to find an "attempted delivery" note on the door, but Thursday and Friday someone was home all day, nobody knocked, called or left a slip on the door, and both days I got emails late at night saying "delivery was attempted, sorry we missed you!"

What the gently caress kind of bullshit is this, Fedex?

They did that poo poo to me last week. My student sent me a bottle of nice whiskey because he got into grad school at Stanford, and FedEx "tried" to deliver it in Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, at the same time each day. I was absolutely home, but rather than knock or anything, they just left the stupid loving slip on the door.

Then I tried to hold it for pickup at the FedEx branch closest to me, and they sent it from that branch to another one. Nice job guys.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

AS someone who works at FedEx, never send anything FedEx

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

FedEx guys are experts at running up and down stairs. They can ring your doorbell, place the "sorry we missed ya!" sign on the door and be speeding away in the car in under 10 seconds. I've waited right in the livingroom like 9 feet away from the door waiting for deliveries before and missed them after they rang my door.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mu Zeta posted:

FedEx guys are experts at running up and down stairs. They can ring your doorbell, place the "sorry we missed ya!" sign on the door and be speeding away in the car in under 10 seconds. I've waited right in the livingroom like 9 feet away from the door waiting for deliveries before and missed them after they rang my door.

Still one of the best videos they've done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

There's a reason I get most everything shipped to me at work.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Glazier posted:

Still one of the best videos they've done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTlLOF2moxY

Now that I think about it, it was definitely UPS and not FedEx.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

docbeard posted:

There's a reason I get most everything shipped to me at work.

This.

I tell people to do this poo poo all the time but they never do.

I'm a courier and it is irritating as balls when all my deliveries are set 9-5 because most people are at work! I do tend to wait around if I have time (at least a minute, but if I'm dropping off medical supplies like wheelchairs, use a brain, wait for the person to hobble to the loving door, other couriers!) because it's more of a pain in the rear end not to deliver it. I don't keep door slips on me for that reason (I did get a writeup about that once.) too. But I don't deliver overnight or ground, only same-day stuff, 2 hour, 4 hour, etc.

Obviously if the person refuses it, one thing. But there's paperwork to fill out if I attempt a delivery and need a signature and no one is home. I'd rather wait a few minutes so I don't have to haul the poo poo back to my van.

Peeve: COD deliveries. I can't take cash either, only checks. Who the gently caress has a checkbook anymore? Lots of people. And none of them know where it is. And all of the people who order their poo poo COD know it's COD, and KNOW it's check only, and always give me crap about not taking money they unfold from their sweaty bra. If I refuse enough, they will eventually call the sender and give a credit card number. I had a guy threaten me because I didn't have the square and he didn't want to give me back the box but also refused to pay me any other way.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

Or a song that's for some mystery reason split into two songs so when you hear it on radio or in a playlist you only get half the song. I'm thinking Tool's Parabol/Parabola but I know Pink Floyd has a bunch of these like Empty Spaces/Young Lust. I'm also irritated that "what shall we do now" isn't on the actual album and I had to rip it off the DVD. That's like my favorite song on there.

Kind of a side note but the ad before the video for what shall we do now just now was for some game for babies. That is just like... not appropriate :psyduck:

That's because those bands want you to listen to the full album and think picking out individual songs will take away from the experience.

And also Tool being Tool.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

According to a friend that used to work for UPS, the drivers are put on timetables that are flat out impossible to make if they try to deliver all of the packages. They fill out the "we missed you" forms as they are driving so they can just stick them up and keep moving.

The UPS guy I have now just chucks my poo poo onto the lawn without even knocking, which is a TON more convenient.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The last time I got a UPS delivery they stuck it into the big bushy tree by my front door and it was marked as having been "handed to a resident". I didn't even find it for like a week, by which time I'd gotten a free replacement. Now I have four camera batteries and a tree for a roommate.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Company-wide birthday/anniversary emails and the people who reply-all to them.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Company-wide birthday/anniversary emails and the people who reply-all to them.

Yes. Company wide anything emails, really.

Last week someone went out a message saying that they're organising a new company logo shirt, and to let them know what size we want. For the next half hour our inboxes were full of reply-all 'L', 'S', 'XXL', etc. emails. :downs:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Email recipients who have automatic replies on all the time.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Hey guys! How do you feel about cubicle mates who narrate everything they are doing to themselves at a whisper, juuuust loud enough to hear??

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
When I worked retail I was the guy who did that. Talking to myself allowed me to keep track of what needed doing - I got very snippy when people assumed I was talking to them. :shobon:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I hate when shirts run slightly too big or slightly too small. Every shirt I own is Large because 90% of them fit me well. The other 10% feels uncomfortable to wear one day, fine the other, and holy-poo poo-I-am-swimming-in-this a week from now.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

genetic_knockout posted:

Hey guys! How do you feel about cubicle mates who narrate everything they are doing to themselves at a whisper, juuuust loud enough to hear??

Start narrating what they're doing like it's a film noir.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Broken formula in Sheet 1 this morning, circular reference in cell. This office is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

When all the bakery buns are gone at the grocery store! WHY?!? Now I have to get six lovely buns in a plastic bag instead of two nice buns in compost-friendly paper. And now I'm going to gorge myself on garlic bread to use up the last of it, so

Uh

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I worked at a kitchen for the longest time (and had a ton of micromanaging bosses who hammered it into me) that causes me to have a pet peeve about poorly plated food. Even as something as little as a burger paddy not aligned with the bun is enough for me to judge the poo poo out of whoever made it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

MisterBibs posted:

I worked at a kitchen for the longest time (and had a ton of micromanaging bosses who hammered it into me) that causes me to have a pet peeve about poorly plated food. Even as something as little as a burger paddy not aligned with the bun is enough for me to judge the poo poo out of whoever made it.

As long as you're talking about just making things neat and not just thrown on the plate on top of each other, I agree, but I hate the obnoxious try-hard fine dining plating of your hungry man dinner or whatever. If you're doing that stupid smearing sauce with the bottom of a spoon thing that is so pervasive in modern fine dining, just stop (unless you actually work at a restaurant serving that style of food).

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

As long as you're talking about just making things neat and not just thrown on the plate on top of each other, I agree, but I hate the obnoxious try-hard fine dining plating of your hungry man dinner or whatever. If you're doing that stupid smearing sauce with the bottom of a spoon thing that is so pervasive in modern fine dining, just stop (unless you actually work at a restaurant serving that style of food).

Oh, I completely agree about the try-hard kind of stuff. I get annoyed by that nonsense, but it might be because I worked with / dated someone who did that poo poo at a level-10 level when we did not have the time for anything above a level-5 and would not stop and aaaagh now I'm having Kitchen Flashbacks thank you very much.

The "thrown on the plate on top of everything" thing just annoys the poo poo out of me. Like I said, I'm 50% envy that my bosses can (and did) bitch me out for being lazy about plating.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:35 on May 9, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Plating.

Food's food, just dump it on a plate. Making weird towers and stacks or whatever is just annoying. And don't even think about serving it on a wooden board or in a basket or something else stupid. An ordinary plate or bowl is absolutely fine. In fact, better than fine, it's ideal.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
People who let their dogs bark nonstop, it should be punishable by time in the stocks. Slowly but surely more and more dogs have been moved in near me, just taking a walk to the shop (and i took the path onto the main road away from the houses) and I set off 7 dogs before I got away from the houses. How do these people live with themselves? Can they just not hear it? gently caress it drives me to the point of a big loving wobbly.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Owning a dog inside city limits should require an exam, licensing, and regular inspections to make sure you aren't a dipshit dog owner. Ideally, the licensing fee would be per dog to discourage people from having like 14 loving dogs.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

our new apartment looks really nice and is in a great location for walking everywhere! we're on the top floor and only have one neighbor to deal with. but of course, they have a child that runs around (which shakes our floor! I was doing the dishes and the floor was thumping under my feet) and screams a lot. and they seem to take a bath at 8am every morning, and the plumbing is so loud in this place that it wakes us up.

OTHER THAN THAT, EVERYTHING IS COOL :)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

That must be a pretty massive child if they can shake your floor from the floor below you.

8 am also isn't really an unreasonable time to be up and about making noise so it sounds pretty good overall compared to before.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I meant that they're our neighbors next to us, and the stomping transfers through the joists or whatever so it shakes the kitchen and probably my aquarium as well

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Got it, sorry I must have misread.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

nah I said 'only one neighbor' which makes it seem like 'just below', oops. I haven't heard much noise from anywhere else except, of course, the blasty car music people

I don't think 8am is unreasonably early, I just wish the plumbing wasn't so loud. I could hear the neighbor's bath in our old place but it wasn't loud enough to drown out voices like it does here.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Owning a dog inside city limits should require an exam, licensing, and regular inspections to make sure you aren't a dipshit dog owner. Ideally, the licensing fee would be per dog to discourage people from having like 14 loving dogs.

I am so sick of people taking their dogs out without leashes around here. Inevitably the dogs take off and charge down other people or dogs and you have to smile and pretend to like the owner's lovely drool monster while they speedwalk after it yelling apologies. "Aw he's normally so good!" How about use a loving leash?

It's not only lovely for your neighbors, it's dangerous for the dog.

Also people around here like to keep their dogs in the back yard all day so it can bark at anything and everything that moves. There are houses I've learned to avoid because you will ALWAYS set off mad barking if you stroll by. At that point why own a dog? I can't keep a dog so I keep a snake that sleeps all the time and gives 0 shits as long as it gets rats and proper humidity. Doggies are social, they don't want to hang out in your 20x20 wood-fenced back yard and stare at nothing all day. That poo poo is criminally abusive.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:01 on May 9, 2017

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Every time one of my coworkers says "hal-uh-peeno," I die a little inside.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

they've turned the bath on and off every 3 seconds for the past 2 minutes and they've run at least 4 baths today, what the gently caress?

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

The Snoo posted:

they've turned the bath on and off every 3 seconds for the past 2 minutes and they've run at least 4 baths today, what the gently caress?

Maybe its the sink/toilet instead?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
People in this town drive too slow. I'm not asking people to go 40 or 45 over 35, necessarily, but it would be nice to be able to go above 25 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. It's not unusual to go as slow as 15 in a 35 and there's no way to pass. And no, I'm not tailgating either.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I am so sick of people taking their dogs out without leashes around here. Inevitably the dogs take off and charge down other people or dogs and you have to smile and pretend to like the lovely owner's drool monster while they speedwalk after it yelling apologies. "Aw he's normally so good!" How about use a loving leash?

FTFY

And also, gently caress that. I don't even pretend to like them or their dogs. Was out walking our dog the other evening and these two dipshit white kids were loving break dancing (this is in the suburbs of Portland, so you know 100% that they are complete loving idiots) in their garage while their puppy pitbull charged out and attacked our dane. I don't feel a tiny bit guilty for kicking that dog out from under ours and yelling at the two morons for keep their piece of poo poo on a leash if they can't train it properly.

I have nothing against pit bulls or really any other breed, but I swear pits are the breed most likely to be owned by an irresponsible douche bag.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Inspector 34 posted:

FTFY

And also, gently caress that. I don't even pretend to like them or their dogs. Was out walking our dog the other evening and these two dipshit white kids were loving break dancing (this is in the suburbs of Portland, so you know 100% that they are complete loving idiots) in their garage while their puppy pitbull charged out and attacked our dane. I don't feel a tiny bit guilty for kicking that dog out from under ours and yelling at the two morons for keep their piece of poo poo on a leash if they can't train it properly.

I have nothing against pit bulls or really any other breed, but I swear pits are the breed most likely to be owned by an irresponsible douche bag.

Just quoting to say you're right, bad dog behaviour is on the owner, not the dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I do tend to wait around if I have time (at least a minute, but if I'm dropping off medical supplies like wheelchairs, use a brain, wait for the person to hobble to the loving door, other couriers!) because it's more of a pain in the rear end not to deliver it.
Semi-related, I had a severe back injury last year that kept me from doing anything more athletic than dragging my crippled lower half around on a walker, so I ordered groceries for delivery rather than dealing with shopping. That was its own pet peeve, but the delivery guys were a bit impatient. For grocery deliveries, they can't just leave it on the stoop or take off with it like FedEx does, so they have to keep banging on the door and doorbell until you answer. For obvious reasons, I was moving pretty slow, and despite yelling "I'M COMING, HANG ON" multiple times as I dragged myself the ten feet to the door, they still kept hammering. I was being as loud as I could, and was literally ten feet away with just one door between us, but the hammering didn't stop until I managed to get the door open, then got the embarrassed "oh, uh...sorry" when the guy realized that I wasn't just figuratively dragging my feet. No matter how explicitly I wrote "disabled recipient; please be patient" in the special instructions, it was always the same.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Every time one of my coworkers says "hal-uh-peeno," I die a little inside.

See also "habanyero." THERE'S NO TILDA! *cue some goon well-actuallying me* Also, "cinco de drinko." If you're going to appropriate Mexican culture without any understanding of what it means, at least have the decency to call it Drinko de Mayo.

#noregerts