Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Wheat Loaf posted:

Just finished season three. It was fine in the end. Not as good as season one or two but hardly bad telly.

Now all I need do is wait until summer for the season four DVD to come out.

If you live in a non American country, high chances Netflix is uploading new episodes weekly, so if you want to binge it will all be available after the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Octavia should kill Clarke in the finale.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Fighting Trousers posted:

I think it's of a piece with who Clarke's been all along. She's always been self-assured that she knows the best way forward, and that self-assurance has straddled the line between confidence and arrogance. Way back in the first season, she was a prissy killjoy - she wasn't wrong that the 100 needed to get their poo poo together, but she was still insufferable. Now she seems to be finally, truly succumbing to arrogance. And it looks like the show is setting her up for a fall, especially with all those call backs to Mt. Weather.

And putting her side by side with Jaha, who is totally on the high of "Finally, I'm in charge of an enclosed community again with certain death outside our airlocks!" :smug:

Both he and Clarke are going to get their comeuppance it would seem.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I just watched the last 2 episodes yesterday

I cant believe they pulled another "everyone is going to get along now, no more stupid wars!. oh no, one of the sides pulled a dumb outrageous treachery just in time to screw the new deal, everyone hates each other again! "

How many of that we had already?

edit: and please please, let Jasper die already. Dont save him, dont let him back out. We should make an online petition or something. Probably not even the writers cant stand his insufferable character anymore

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 8, 2017

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, and I believe Wells actually lasts the entire series in the books, rather than dying in episode three or so. I reckon there was more they could have done with Wells. I think there was a lot more they could have done with that villainous rival chancellor from season one as well; I was surprised at how abrupt that seemed and kept expecting her to show up (maybe on a life-glug or something) in season two.

They wanted her to come back for the Pike role but she wasn't available.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PriorMarcus posted:

They wanted her to come back for the Pike role but she wasn't available.

That would have been interesting. She probably would have made a better villain since the audience has already had more time with her.

Then again fiery rocket death was also funny and a good ending to her quick mutiny so I'm torn.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Whelp, looks like Jaha's second Chancellorship was short lived!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Octavia your plan is retarded. Good job kicking out ~300 people who know how to operate and repair the bunker so you can feel better about clan unity. Jaha did nothing wrong :colbert:

Thank god Jasper is dead. He actually did it. He JonesJaspertown'd everyone by spiking their flavor-aid.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

They should flash forward 5 years to the hosed up Bunker society where the Mad Max Grounder Clans have imported their culture into the Bunker, and the Ark people are basically their slaves operating the machines and growing their food while their overlords are constantly fighting.

Also I realized why they did it this way: Now there will once again be "The 100"--remaining Ark people alive next season.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm glad poor ol' Monty finally caught a bit of a break. :unsmith:

I actually laughed when Bellamy choked the daylights out of John and then clarified, "He'll be okay," like all people who go fully unconscious from being choked are. For a second, I was worried the writers had lost their minds and decided to off him. I did find it a little improbable that Bellamy would actually get all the way to Jaha's office without running into a single person. Jaha ain't a dummy, and he'd at least post guards until everyone on the surface is for sure dead.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

3 out of 4 people in Skycru are gonna wish they had been guarding Jaha's office or the entrance :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I got kind of irritated at Monty during that episode, but I'm glad Harper snapped out of it.

Also, Jaha is kind of dumb. Does he really think that ~400 Skycru can take out ~1100 people from the other tribes combined? Even with guns, I'd think they'd run out of ammo first.

And that's assuming that all the Skycru decide to fight

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love how proud a mum Indra is these days.
Jaha is a dead man walking at this point. His face said it all. "Ahh gently caress, a list..."

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Rocksicles posted:

I love how proud a mum Indra is these days.
Jaha is a dead man walking at this point. His face said it all. "Ahh gently caress, a list..."

I can't imagine there's very many people eager to get back on Mr. Jaha's Wild Ride at this point given his run on the station should still be in recent, fresh memory for them. Nevermind the bullshit with the City of Light.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I really feel bad for Jaha. Yeah he flops between Authoritarian and Moses "Sacrificing All to Save My People" modes, but if it was not for him and his monomaniac obsession (and access to antique Ark records of pre apoc Earth) nobody would have found the loving bunker! They'd all be done for.

And at first SkyCru was willing to share, at least with some. They would have taken some in from every clan. But it was the Grounders and their "honor" and war culture which demanded first a massive war, then a blood combat. And by the terms, the winner took all, so again Jaha was totally in the right to take the Bunker. Sure, they jumped the gun a bit, but in the end the results would have been the same as far as SkyCru getting total possession. But nope, Octavia suddenly gets to change the rules. Now 300 Arkers have to die who 5 minutes ago thought they were totes safe.

Basically everything Jaha has ever done has been to save the max amount of His People, and it tends to work (except that whole ALIE thing, that was a bit bad but he was under her influence shortly after finding her). Jaha pushed to send The 100 down to Earth to see if it was safe. Jaha approved the plan to leave for Earth and use the Ark itself as a lifeboat, and volunteered to stay behind and die. Jaha set out to look for the City of Light hoping some technologically advanced people would take in his people. Jaha, even though everyone hated him, spent weeks researching and looking for this bunker, and found it. Now for all that he'll probably be exiled outside to die.

I mock his authoritarianism at times, but to be fair to him, the culture of the Chancellorship, where that person has the power of life and death for the smallest offenses, ostensibly to save what they thought was left of the human race, was something he was raised in. He knew no different. Look at what a dick Kane was when he was on the Ark. And he has shown some growth, like when he allowed Jasper and the other burnouts to stay behind instead of forcibly evacuating them.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
They won't exile Jaha, they need engineers and he's already shown he has those skills. Loved seeing Sinclair again (even as a figment) he was awesome. I do kind of like how Clarke has burnt out from taking the lead and is not as sure and certain as in previous seasons, it gives her more dimensions and allows Jaha to take control​ in the guise of a mentor role.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
It seems crazy to me that anybody would follow Jaha at this point, given the ALIE thing. That was horrific, and he was giving ALIE ideas on how to better manipulate people. (Granted his followers don't know that, but we do, and what they DO know is bad enough.) It seemed that there were a few people that were quite dedicated to following Jaha in this past episode, so I am going to guess there will be a bit more conflict at that level over the last couple episodes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Uh, there's a significant casting spoiler floating around on the 'net, in case anyone wishes to avoid it. It's pretty major, and has been reported in several places, so anyone who might be worried about being spoiled should probably avoid any 100 themed message boards / threads / websites for a while.

For those wondering, Isiah Washington (Jaha) is leaving the cast. Not clear how or when, just that he won't be returning as a regular for Season 5, which on this show is usually a fate that comes with a toe tag. There's no real behind the scenes drama that's leaked over this, but I suspect that there could have been some, given how he reportedly went to talk to the network back in Season 3. Alternately, he could just be dead come season finale, as some are speculating.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat it, i rolled over that by accident and looked right at the thing i wasn't supposed to. FML

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I've finally gotten around to watching the most recent episode.

I think it's pretty clear that Raven was possessed, or at least heavily influenced, by ALIE -- and that Abby is too. ALIE's still living in Abby's brain and influencing her actions.

I mean, the Becca avatar started this episode talking about there'd be "no more pain, no more loss" if Raven followed her instructions. That's classic ALIE. The hallucinations are specifically a result of Raven's brain damage, and that's caused by the poor removal of the chip's neural network from her brain.

The only other person to have that done to them is Abby, something the show specifically establishes earlier this season. Abby has refused to have her brain scanned. Abby's late season actions have consistently put the flame and the nightblood programs in danger of destruction. In this episode, she deliberately opened the bunker to the outside world -- she claimed this was for Kane. But what if it was so that the bunker would be filled to max capacity, therefore allowing for the most humans to survive the purge? What if she's just continuing ALIE's program of survival?

Jaha's noticed her changed behaviour as well -- if she had to choose between Kane and Clarke, she'd choose Clarke every time. He says she's acting out of character, because she really, really is. It's only going to be so long before someone puts two and two together here.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 12, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jaha: The man who has done nothing wrong :colbert:

And I'm sure everyone would be up for ark life round 2 if the alternative is dying from horrible radiation poisoning.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

I think it's pretty clear that Raven was possessed, or at least heavily influenced, by ALIE -- and that Abby is too. ALIE's still living in Abby's brain and influencing her actions.

I mean, the Becca avatar started this episode talking about there'd be "no more pain, no more loss" if Raven followed her instructions. That's classic ALIE. The hallucinations are specifically a result of Raven's brain damage, and that's caused by the poor removal of the chip's neural network from her brain.

The only other person to have that done to them is Abby, something the show specifically establishes earlier this season. Abby has refused to have her brain scanned. Abby's late season actions have consistently put the flame and the nightblood programs in danger of destruction. In this episode, she deliberately opened the bunker to the outside world -- she claimed this was for Kane. But what if it was so that the bunker would be filled to max capacity, therefore allowing for the most humans to survive the purge? What if she's just continuing ALIE's program of survival?

Jaha's noticed her changed behaviour as well -- if she had to choose between Kane and Clarke, she'd choose Clarke every time. He says she's acting out of character, because she really, really is. It's only going to be so long before someone puts two and two together here.

Great catch. I'd been noticing that Abby seemed a little off, and was willing to chalk it up to sloppy writing, but the reveal that it really is ALIE loving around in Raven's (and, presumably, Abby's) head puts her actions into context.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Uh, there's a significant casting spoiler floating around on the 'net, in case anyone wishes to avoid it. It's pretty major, and has been reported in several places, so anyone who might be worried about being spoiled should probably avoid any 100 themed message boards / threads / websites for a while.

For those wondering, Isiah Washington (Jaha) is leaving the cast. Not clear how or when, just that he won't be returning as a regular for Season 5, which on this show is usually a fate that comes with a toe tag. There's no real behind the scenes drama that's leaked over this, but I suspect that there could have been some, given how he reportedly went to talk to the network back in Season 3. Alternately, he could just be dead come season finale, as some are speculating.

Lame. :(

Wow, never noticed that, but I think you're on to something! That would be a swerve, and this show loves doing that!

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Astroman posted:

His People, and it tends to work (except that whole ALIE thing, that was a bit bad but he was under her influence shortly after finding her)

that one guy posted:

It seems crazy to me that anybody would follow Jaha at this point, given the ALIE thing.

To be fair, if Jaha hadn't found ALIE and The City of Light, no one would have known about the impending radiation death wave in the first place. That isn't something ALIE caused, it was going to happen regardless of whether the whole City of Light disaster happened or not.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Acacia REI posted:

To be fair, if Jaha hadn't found ALIE and The City of Light, no one would have known about the impending radiation death wave in the first place. That isn't something ALIE caused, it was going to happen regardless of whether the whole City of Light disaster happened or not.

Goddamn, I didn't even think about that. Jaha really did save humanity! Literally everything he's done has been one step closer to saving the human race.

And now he's gonna die in ignomy. :(

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
I feel like there should be a disclaimer that this show drastically switches tone and becomes much less of a YA CW show shortly into the first season.

Also I really like the show but feel that it often doesn't "earn" character's choices or development or make it as believable as I'd like. Eg a lot of the random flip flopping Bellamy did. The "something happens which could be good but then - oh no - miscommunication leads to a bad thing!" formula also feels a bit repetitive but I guess it's also so general it describes how pretty much every plot works. Finally I wish the show would start using synonyms for "my people" instead of saying it over and over again.

These gripes aside this is also the only show I've followed for anywhere near this long and easily the one I'm most invested in, so I guess none of that matters too much.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I feel like the odd time a character choice or miscommunication doesn't feel quite earned, it's not such a big deal because this show chews through plot at a nice clip-- in a good way. It rarely wastes the viewer's time, and I appreciate that. Even the bs with Jasper this year built to a set of scenes that made it all worth it.

Speaking of which, I'm so happy the show didn't pussy out on the little suicide cult. That was some dark poo poo.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

esperterra posted:

Speaking of which, I'm so happy the show didn't pussy out on the little suicide cult. That was some dark poo poo.

That final scene between Jasper and Monty was just incredible. Tears all over. Then relief when Harper changed her mind.

When this show doesn't get bogged down in Grounder politics (excluding the Thunderdome from a few weeks ago, that was cool), it can really bring these great emotional moments.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope Octavia dies horribly. Also that everyone in the bunker dies because they didn't save any / enough people with the expertise to maintain the machines.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

So apparently now Octavia is the new Commander and is somehow going to be in charge of the Bunker?

Also lol that the core main survivors of the original 100 are going to be up in space on the Ark, calling down to a new 100 on Earth consisting of Jaha, Kane, Abby and the other adults who exiled them! :laugh:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Called it, Abby's definitely possessed. They're trying to fake us out with Abby's "I don't know what motivated me in the lab" conversation, but she's not talking about her regret for experimenting on humans, that's totally in character for her. She's always been a needs must type. She doesn't know why she destroyed the lab equipment.

(I mean, there aren't any definitive answers in this episode, but I think it's pretty clear now.)

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

FELD1 posted:

Then relief when Harper changed her mind.

I was going to lose my poo poo if Harper died. When she poo poo all over Monty about not being worth living for I was floored, that was hosed up. She also looks like she could beat the gently caress out of everyone on the show except maybe Roan.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How many grounders has Jaha eaten recently in preparation for the nuclear winter?

I bet someone knitted that jumper around him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Back to the Ark huh?

Isn't there a copy of ALIE up there?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She can be like Rimmer.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So the season finale is next week?

Anyway this last episode:

- I really like what they did with Octavia. I think she would have made a good leader or at least have a good shot at it because she seemed to understand that you need to make hard calls sometimes even if it means murdering "your" people. Was a nice touch to show her almost crying to herself on several occasions. Plus she absolutely made the call to do it without wavering back and forth like Clark or the rest of them would do. Jesus she was about to murder all 364 or whatever people in that room :stare:.

- I'm glad Jaha found his senses and realized he was being dumb, because he was being dumb.

- I'm really sick of the Emory story line. She's really boring and does she even have a story other than "mutant grounder, friend of John?"

But the whole plot about launching into space was really dumb. Actually it might be the most stupid thing that they've ever said or done on the show. How did they know the robot was operational? How did they know the Ark is still operational? There's not enough fuel in there right now but hey they've got five years to decide on a plan? This is dumb this was really dumb.

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

Boris Galerkin posted:

But the whole plot about launching into space was really dumb. Actually it might be the most stupid thing that they've ever said or done on the show. How did they know the robot was operational? How did they know the Ark is still operational? There's not enough fuel in there right now but hey they've got five years to decide on a plan? This is dumb this was really dumb.

Well, maybe there are more missiles than the one that Jaha used to get down.

But I agree that this is really dumb. If the Go-Sci ring had an algae farm on it the whole time, why did Jaha spend the first 2 episodes of Season 2 just sitting around and then rushing to ride a missile down to Earth instead of busting his rear end trying to get the farm running again so that he could get more breathing air? Even if Jaha hadn't felt like living at the time, why didn't Sinclair bring it up when he said that Jaha would only have enough air for a week? How is the Go-Sci ring going to get power to run the farms and such when it doesn't have any solar panels?

And since when can the rocket carry 8 people? Didn't Raven specifically say earlier that it only had 2 seats? "I drive, you cook?"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

What a big, dumb ride the writers are taking us on. I frankly would've been less jarred if Emori accidentally stepped on a panel and revealed a secret, fully stocked bunker underneath the lab.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Astroman posted:

Also lol that the core main survivors of the original 100 are going to be up in space on the Ark, calling down to a new 100 on Earth consisting of Jaha, Kane, Abby and the other adults who exiled them! :laugh:
Aww shee-it, I hadn't thought of it that way. That is great haha.

Astroman posted:

Goddamn, I didn't even think about that. Jaha really did save humanity! Literally everything he's done has been one step closer to saving the human race.

And now he's gonna die in ignomy. :(

TBH I've always thought he was an underrated character and receives a lot of unwarranted hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

- I'm glad Jaha found his senses and realized he was being dumb, because he was being dumb.

Jaha was right. gently caress the grounders and Octavia.

• Locked thread