Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

kikkelivelho posted:

Who gives a gently caress about the rust belt? The fact that politicians have to pander to these hicks is just more proof that the system is deeply flawed.

Dude, you just tipped your hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wasn't talking about you. also can you read. the top 200 cities (200 is spokane to give an idea of how small cities get at that point) would get you less than 1/5 the popular vote.

your land mass thing doesn't help your argument stop using it.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Dude, you just tipped your hand.

He's a really good troll and it's fun to watch him edge further and further outside the bounds of believability while still getting replies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you know when someone (rightly) says your argument is baseless you probably shouldn't double down on it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

Also there's some heavy conspiracy tier "The DNC controls the media" type bullshit ITT. I doubt you any of actually believe this.

Are you denying the democrats told certain news orgs what to put out? Do you also deny that they also gave hillary the debate questions? Do you think they intentionally mis-represented Sanders?

:allears:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Once the trump phenom got rolling the press couldn't stop it if they tried - which they did. They tried in press conferences, pathetically begging him to withdraw. They tried after the pussy tapes, there was that interview where a reporter tried to wring a critical remark out of an evangelical pro-Trump woman and she just refused to back down in front of millions of viewers and the reporter lost composure.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
you have yet to say anything beyond 'its bad you are wrong' so yeah im gonna double down and call you a retard

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

you know when someone (rightly) says your argument is baseless you probably shouldn't double down on it.

Trump won 100% of the corn and soybean vote.

The system is indeed bad but both sides knew the loving rules going into the game so I really don't care about hillarymen complaining about how the electoral college is racist or whatever the gently caress. Maybe she should have pretended to care at all about the people outside major cities since you do sadly have to try and appeal to them just a tiny bit in order to win.

edit; also remember her side bitching when Obama's folks knew the rules and used it to rack up delegates so they could "steal" the win from her. when you are inevitable then obviously you don't need to pay attention to how things actually work and what is required to win.

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 8, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nigga crab pollock posted:

you have yet to say anything beyond 'its bad you are wrong' so yeah im gonna double down and call you a retard

sorry i assumed you could read. land doesn't vote (lol at you calling me a retard lol).

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

nigga crab pollock posted:

i dunno have you read the emails wherein people at the dnc tell writers at the new york times and washington post to not run stories because they aren't positive enough about hillary or are you just assuming that type of collusion isn't happening because those publications say it isn't lmao

Don't forget that CNN leaked their debate questions to Hillary's people beforehand too.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
like what else did you expect, me to go hmm maybe im actually wrong without even providing any reasons for me to change my mind?

because most people are just going to (rightly) just call you a retard

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Groovelord Neato posted:

well hell based on that map and looking up the census data you're right

shame the suburbs of those cities voted red this time around and the only reason Hillary won the popular vote was because of NY and LA proper lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i already did. like i said i assumed you could read.

VikingSkull posted:

shame the suburbs of those cities voted red this time around and the only reason Hillary won the popular vote was because of NY and LA proper lmao

land don't vote.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The_Franz posted:

Don't forget that CNN leaked their debate questions to Hillary's people beforehand too.

actually this is fake news, i will have you know

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So what was everyone's favorite Hillary losing moment here on the forum? Mine was probably the dude who broke off completely with his family over them voting trump to be a good "ally" and was praised over it in negrotown.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So what was everyone's favorite Hillary losing moment here on the forum? Mine was probably the dude who broke off completely with his family over them voting trump to be a good "ally" and was praised over it in negrotown.

The stickied thread reminding everyone not to commit suicide.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
hillary clinton will continue to return until all of her horcrux are destroyed. obama and trump have destroyed two, but four remain. bill clinton is the final one

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Did anyone actually off themselves or was it just more lies from Hillary supporters

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

btw earlier someone here said I was a slav and I just wanted to say that is not true.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I'm not a loving slav.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Even your username is slavic

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Blue Train posted:

Did anyone actually off themselves or was it just more lies from Hillary supporters

Like Hillary actually trying to win a election they couldn't go through with it.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 8, 2017

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Blue Train posted:

I remember crying a bit.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

In one of the election night threads once Trumps momentum was clear and not subsiding some poster whose name I can't remember posted "this is what you get for dicking over Bernie"

There's plenty of joy to be found in liberal tears but this, this is the crucial takeaway.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kikkelivelho posted:

I'm not a loving slav.

I can smell your filthy Mongol blood from here, America, a country in which you do not reside.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I've said it before but the biggest shock I've ever received from Something Awful was the realization that more posters supported Hillary than Bernie.

That moment was when I realized America is hosed for the long haul.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Nuclearmonkee posted:

He's a really good troll and it's fun to watch him edge further and further outside the bounds of believability while still getting replies.

Agreed

Though this particular instance isn't a great showcase for his skill considering that in D&D people have unironically said every silly thing he's said

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

It forcing a schism between Lowtax and his mods and admins

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

land don't vote.

:wrong:

like no wonder the left was so stunned by all this considering they apparently have no idea how US elections work.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Never forget that Trump won while spending 1/4 of the money that Hillary spent.

He didnt have to buy many ads because the media breathlessly ran to report anything he said or tweeted. Free pub is best pub.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I've said it before but the biggest shock I've ever received from Something Awful was the realization that more posters supported Hillary than Bernie.

There was a fascinating element to this where D&D bought wholeheartedly into the Buzzfeed golden age of "social justice" clickbait, roughly 2013-2015. And when they emerged on the other end, there was a sincere antipathy to "Bernie Bros" - my favorite post was when a guy quite sincerely claimed Bernie was losing the African-American vote because of obnoxious Redditors - and a sudden interest in assuring that the neoliberals took their rightful place in the party. Against Bernie Sanders' presumably reactionary movement for single-payer health care and labor policy.

Funny how that works out.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The electiral college is a good idea implemented badly. States should be able to leverage their population and cultural identity as a state rather than allowing for a pure popular vote where it has no impact on the putcome of an election., a purely popular presidential vote is a really god drat loving stupid terrible loving idea and you haven't thought about it very hard or your anus is still sore from the reaming it got in November but make no mistake the major changes needed to the electoral college is not its mere abolishment. It should stick around in nodified form, where the concept of electors becomes abstracted to a number of votes set by census population data, which is then assigned to districts like representatives are, and the votes automatically go to the winner of the district. In effect you still need 270 to win but it's no longer a winner take all system with no more unelected assholes having the duty of actually choosing pur president.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I don't think this was true outside of the worst parts of D&D though? There were a few very loud obnoxious posters who would mysteriously appear in any thread to shitpost about their abuela

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Presidency should be determined by a fight to the death between the two candidates

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Blue Train posted:

Presidency should be determined by a fight to the death between the two candidates

It wasn't for the presidency but Hamilton and Burr had the right idea, really

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don't know how I feel about the Electoral College, but instant runoff voting would sure be swell.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

President Camacho was a good president.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Randarkman posted:

President Camacho was a good president.

Unironically true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I don't think this was true outside of the worst parts of D&D though? There were a few very loud obnoxious posters who would mysteriously appear in any thread to shitpost about their abuela

the problem was only really noticeable because the small minority of Hillary supporters included people who could probate and ban those who didn't like Hillary

• Locked thread