Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ive got my chem 152 final tonight

it's a state exam which includes 151 as well

im sitting at a 92 in the class right now so uh that A in chemistry probably isn't going to happen

why am i even studying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I dropped chemistry 101 because gently caress everything to do with that bullshit.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If I could get my hands on the mother fucker who said chemistry should be a part of a manufacturing engineering degree wallah I would rip out his eyes and piss on his brain

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wanted to be a chemist in high school. Then they introduced stoichiometry.

I never took a science class again

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want to introduce a mole of fists to that cocksucker teachers dweeb rear end face

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I took Chemistry for English majors in College

Our first lab was "Will this explode"

We just held balloons full of glass up to open flames and recorded if they exploded or not

SCIENCE!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I dropped chemistry 101 because gently caress everything to do with that bullshit.

Dropped one of the easiest courses of all time? Tell me more.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

For me to be able to apply for a couple of grad schools i want I have to be in organic chemistry

the only thing being offered is a june intensive, M-F, 8-12

loving kill me in the goddamn face

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
My stupid college made me take chemistry as a "core class" even though I was majoring in Computer Science.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That's a lot lower than what I would have expected. Is the hate crime data from charges or for convictions?

Offenses, not convictions. But the numbers obviously have some major flaws like how incredibly racist and bigoted the police are suppressing those numbers.

But the basic ranking for most to least hate crimed:

Black
(gigantic gulf, Black is close to the next three combined)
Jewish / Male Homosexual / White (lol, thanks the south)
(another 40% dropoff)
Hispanic
Other ethnicity or National Origin
Generic Homosexual hate crimes
(another huge dropoff)
Asian / Muslim
(dropoff to everyone else)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

For me to be able to apply for a couple of grad schools i want I have to be in organic chemistry

the only thing being offered is a june intensive, M-F, 8-12

loving kill me in the goddamn face

I'm sorry bro. That's rough, I did a couple of those for a summer once and it was easily the most annoying summer of my life.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

My stupid college made me take chemistry as a "core class" even though I was majoring in Computer Science.

Our higher education system is retarded

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Volkerball posted:

Our higher education system is retarded

Actually our college system mandating a wide berth of general knowledge as opposed to a focused or career oriented education is the reason Higher Education is considerably more successful than our Public System

motherfucker

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Actually our college system mandating a wide berth of general knowledge as opposed to a focused or career oriented education is the reason Higher Education is considerably more successful than our Public System

motherfucker

This is true. The number of CS students I've run into who couldn't write a document on is depressing.

Take a loving social science course and learn how to write a simple paper where you can communicate an idea, jesus christ.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Burn Penn State to the ground

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BrownThunder posted:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

motherfucker

The German model for engineering tech schools are (much) faster and better than American engineering programs and they don't mess around with goofy poo poo like we do. I think they have better lower education, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

BrownThunder posted:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BrownThunder posted:

It's been a long time coming, but is there something new ?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Jay Paterno got voted onto the board of trustees lol

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jay Paterno got voted onto the board of trustees lol

lmao

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Diqnol posted:

Dropped one of the easiest courses of all time? Tell me more.

I graduated the ranger indoctrination program, which is selection to get into the army rangers. I ate trash and got hypothermia and ended up graduating along with 60 dudes out of a class that started with nearly 200. Later in my military career, I took a general under honorable discharge rather than continue on with an entry level training course in the signal corps with well over a 90% graduation rate. If I buy into something, I'll bust my rear end for it. But if I think it's stupid, I'm not loving doing it. And molar mass and all that other dumb poo poo is about as stupid and useless as it gets, and no one has a leg to stand on when they argue otherwise. All they say to back themselves up is that it teaches you problem solving! :v: Get the gently caress out of here with that wax on wax off bullshit.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Kalli posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-after-hazing/

They Killed A Kid

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I used to wonder how people fell for cults

I went to Penn State

Now I know

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

motherfucker

Oh word, ask your barista how all that general knowledge is working out for them next time you swing by Starbucks.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is there a frat out there that isn't abject trash?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eli Wiggum posted:

Is there a frat out there that isn't abject trash?

I think it's just different levels of trash, every campus has the rape frat and also the bookish one where a dude does something inadvisable periodically and it gets covered up

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Oh word, ask your barista how all that general knowledge is working out for them next time you swing by Starbucks.

the great fallacy of a capitalist system is that education is only worth the economic value we produce.

We live in a democratic republic bro, mandating and preserving the widest possible range of knowledge to the widest possible range of people is necessary to preserve our way to life on every level.

There's a reason the GOP keeps attacking education

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the great fallacy of a capitalist system is that education is only worth the economic value we produce.

We live in a democratic republic bro, mandating and preserving the widest possible range of knowledge to the widest possible range of people is necessary to preserve our way to life on every level.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

We live in a democratic republic bro

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

heck, same

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*Mel, standing in front of a handful of Americans casually going through life without ever knowing what avogadros number is* YOU MANIACS. YOU BURNED IT ALL DOWN

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I take this picture to mean that my argument, much like Andy Dalton, is good

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
andey

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

andy dalton and your words are bad

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I take this picture to mean that my argument, much like Andy Dalton, is good

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

*Mel, standing in front of a handful of Americans casually going through life without ever knowing what avogadros number is* YOU MANIACS. YOU BURNED IT ALL DOWN

knowing things is better than not knowing things

know as much things as you can

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Andey would be a better high school guidance counselor than Mel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Andey would be a better high school guidance counselor than Mel

I am not sure "You would be a bad high school guidance counselor" is that much of a stinging insult

• Locked thread