Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hunt11 posted:

Debilitate is a really useful skill, but if you get it then you don't need it as you will be extremely over-leveled for almost everything else in the game. Other then that Goro adds some utility for normal enemies with his instant kill attacks but that is about it.

You can get it at level 65, which I wouldn't say is overleveled at all. Hell, you could get it as early as 51 if you finish the Strength link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Motherfucker learns Debilitate if you level him up enough. (Which is actually a pretty solid argument for bringing him to fight Caroline and Justine, now that I think about it, if you do some Reaper leveling with him.)

If you want any hint of challenge of even annoyance to be gone from the game then go for it, but it is just too high level to achieve for the limited time slot that you have him.

ChaosArgate posted:

You can get it at level 65, which I wouldn't say is overleveled at all. Hell, you could get it as early as 51 if you finish the Strength link.

I was talking about Goro.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I have Trumpeter for that.

Sure, but why not save Joker the turns?

Hunt11 posted:

If you want any hint of challenge of even annoyance to be gone from the game then go for it, but it is just too high level to achieve for the limited time slot that you have him.

I'm talking specifically about NG+ here, though, and specifically for fighting Caroline and Justine, and I would be surprised if level 70 was comically overleveled for the bonus boss. There are a couple of flu season days with Akechi in the party so it wouldn't be hard to get him to level 70 if you wanted to.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I'm talking specifically about NG+ here, though, and specifically for fighting Caroline and Justine, and I would be surprised if level 70 was comically overleveled for the bonus boss. There are a couple of flu season days with Akechi in the party so it wouldn't be hard to get him to level 70 if you wanted to.

You will at most get one turn out of said debuff before they undo it, and do to the gimmick of the boss you need to make sure that the hp of the twins remains about equal.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Joker Debilitate
Goro Deblitate
Ryuji Charge Agnestra

Problem solved!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Harlock posted:

Joker Debilitate
Goro Dead
Ryuji Charge Agnestra

Problem solved!

fixed

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Harrow posted:

Because Goro was already out of the party and dead by this point. And I haven't gone past 4/18 in my NG+ yet, but even when I do, I'm not going to bother leveling up Goro for the bonus boss fight because I don't see the point in investing in him that heavily when he's not going to be around for the end game, and I can get just as good results, if not better, by fusing up an uber-Yoshitsune or something to deal with the twins.

He joins you for one dungeon, maybe some Mementos runs if you bother to do any with him around (and never participates in any of the rest stop conversations, which is another bit of foreshadowing that he's not a permanent addition to the team), and then he's gone.

And for the record, as much as I dunk on him in this thread, I was actually genuinely nice to him in the game. Never tried to throw him out of Leblanc, was always polite to him if we ran into each other at the train station in the morning, and treated him with kindness and consideration for his feelings when public opinion turned against him.

And the sketchy little motherfucker still tried to put a bullet through my skull.

gently caress Akechi. He's not a real member of the Phantom Thieves, and he never will be. :colbert:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Because Goro was already out of the party and dead by this point.

I mean, in NG, yeah, Akechi didn't even get past the early 50s for me so his ability to learn Debilitate doesn't matter at all. I'm just spitballin' here

Harlock posted:

Joker Debilitate
Goro Deblitate
Ryuji Charge Agnestra

Problem solved!

Agneyastra's probably a bad choice if you want both of them dead at the same time, because hit hits a random number of times and it could be different on each.

So just have it be Ann using Concentrate + Blazing Hell instead :black101:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Hunt11 posted:

You will at most get one turn out of said debuff before they undo it, and do to the gimmick of the boss you need to make sure that the hp of the twins remains about equal.

They only Dekunda and Dekaja when they manage to get off a 1 More. So just don't come in with any weaknesses.

Harrow posted:

I would be surprised if level 70 was comically overleveled for the bonus boss.

I pretty much solo'd it at level 35, thanks to Immunity Yoshitsune. I had teammates on to help me through the first phase, when they're only throwing out Phys and Gun, but once they moved on to magic, I just left them KO'd and got Caro and Justine to heal me.

Each of them has one of the "50% of current HP" spells (1 light, 1 dark), and if you repel both elements, that helps a lot towards keeping their HP roughly equal.

Unrelated: Fanmade AOA splash for Futaba, since Atlus are Game Criminals and didn't put one in for when you win a fight after a Position Hack

[x]

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

W.T. Fits posted:

Goro's not a real party member. :v:
he's on the box and the title screen and he's in my heart.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Tae also sells the reflect damage items, removing another niche that Haru has. Hers affect the whole party at once too!

Good thing Haru is still great for clearing trash or she would end up like Yusuke.

Um, no, they are single target. Source: I abused these heavily in my Merciless run.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, you're thinking of Takemi's Dekaja/Dekunda items that are multi-target.

But there's no reason to have characters or Personas with any Recarm spell, Tetra/Makarakarn, or Dekaja/Dekunda, because you can buy really affordable items to do all of those things. They're just not worth the skill slots.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Moltrey posted:

he's on the box and the title screen and he's in my heart.

But not in your party. :smug:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Its really weird those aren't thieves tools tbh. Like being able to buy lovely attack items takes a ton of resources and effort but these ridiculously powerful buff/debuff items are a dime a dozen.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Instant Grat posted:

Unrelated: Fanmade AOA splash for Futaba, since Atlus are Game Criminals and didn't put one in for when you win a fight after a Position Hack

[x]

:vince:

Why is this not in the game

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

[x]

Out of all the things mentioned in the thread so far, this is priority numero uno for inclusion in P5 rerelease. After the Rise stuff added to golden they have no excuse.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hunt11 posted:

Heat riser alone makes her a great addition for boss fights and she still does a lot of damage when you stack up her gun skills.

Heat Riser is overhyped. I'd rather have Ryuji and Makoto buff the whole party.

derra posted:

Um, no, they are single target. Source: I abused these heavily in my Merciless run.

I have been tricked :negative: Still, they remove one of Haru's niches.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Heat Riser is useful if there's one person who really needs to be buffed fully immediately, but it's not nearly as amazing as its counterpart Debilitate. Still, I'd rather have it around than not.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Single target buffs are just so useless.

Waste of a skill slot imo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

W.T. Fits posted:

But not in your party. :smug:
Don't worry I can fix that

my new game+ run will end right right before we steal Sae's heart and all my friends will be stuck in time forever

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
So do you always fall for guys who shoot you or

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Well it's never really been much of a deterrent, no

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Well I finally got around to beating the twins and with that I have the Plat.

Wasn't too hard because I went to the gym a shitload and well...

(Keep in mind Morgana has +70 SP due to Claiomh Solais and Frost Hood)

Believe it or not the only party member I used was Yusuke of all people, simply because Hassou Tobi's accuracy can get really shaky, which is obviously not good for this fight.

I also made my last dumb fusion:

Just for the ultimate no fucks given persona.

Anyway I guess I'll finish up this playthrough and I'll be done with Persona 5 for a while. Maybe I'll try making an ultimate gun Satanael build, but that's assuming I don't get totally burned out.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Maybe I'll try making an ultimate gun Satanael build, but that's assuming I don't get totally burned out.

I thought high-starting-level personas were bad for min-maxing because they have so many wasted attribute points in strength or magic?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

Just for the ultimate no fucks given persona.

No Null Bless to stop you from getting deleted by Hamaon?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mzbundifund posted:

I thought high-starting-level personas were bad for min-maxing because they have so many wasted attribute points in strength or magic?

I'm not min-maxing, that's super unnecessary.

W.T. Fits posted:

No Null Bless to stop you from getting deleted by Hamaon?

That's not even a concern because this just deletes everything, no questions asked.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Do you really need both Black Viper and Morning Star though?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ChaosArgate posted:

Do you really need both Black Viper and Morning Star though?

Definitely not, I just put in on for variety. :shobon:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

http://noirorion.tumblr.com/post/160448312580

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Game was super good, although I thought charisma-wise Shido was really lame. He was just some bald rear end in a top hat who showed up to go "I'M EVIL" into the camera a lot and malevolently chuckle from time to time. The Igor twist made up for it for me, though, and Big Four Armed God Monster Thing was a really rad final boss.

I was secretly hoping playable Sojiro would replace Akechi but the game can't be perfect.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I miss the old "Not A Demon" Lucifer.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Count Bleck posted:

I miss the old "Not A Demon" Lucifer.

:same:

Helel is my favorite demon.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
He's supposed to be the most beautiful right? But all the other angels are loving freaks made of wheels and eyes and leftover parts so really the bar to get over is quite low.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
*Has 1 head and not like 0 or 3* THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OF ANGELS

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

I have Trumpeter for that.

doot

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Or you know, have purple or green skin.

Lookin' at you, Gabriel.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

He's supposed to be the most beautiful right? But all the other angels are loving freaks made of wheels and eyes and leftover parts so really the bar to get over is quite low.

To be fair even if the other Angels weren't all bizarre freaks, Helel would win hands down. Heck, maybe even Lucifer too ...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Instant Grat posted:

They only Dekunda and Dekaja when they manage to get off a 1 More. So just don't come in with any weaknesses.

I pretty much solo'd it at level 35, thanks to Immunity Yoshitsune. I had teammates on to help me through the first phase, when they're only throwing out Phys and Gun, but once they moved on to magic, I just left them KO'd and got Caro and Justine to heal me.

Each of them has one of the "50% of current HP" spells (1 light, 1 dark), and if you repel both elements, that helps a lot towards keeping their HP roughly equal.

[x]

Should played if you got a position hack and won the all out attack from it instead of showing Joker's splash.

Also ugh, is there a faster way to make money in the final section of the game? I still need to make the last three mult-persona on the list, but I am out of money at this point. And since I hit level 88, all the enemies in the last level die instantly if I attack them from behind, so it annoying just starting a fight now. Wish Ryujin's ability wasn't 100% on lower level enemies.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Even if they didn't put in a Futaba splash (they should), it should at least cycle through the four active members splash screens for a position hack win.

Farming the last area that enemies spawn in for Yen isn't super super super awful but it's not especially good either.

If you get Abaddon in the fight with the Kalis, knock them all down, extort them for money and hope he gets mad instead of running away and then use physical attacks to heal the Abaddon back up to full health (you can finish the Kali off if you like). Abaddon takes huge damage from magic but if you full heal him back up, he shouldn't die so you can extort some more money until he runs off.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Agreed that a Position Hack all-out attack should get a Futaba splash screen

• Locked thread