Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

quote:

Emojis
In-game chat messages are now limited to 10 Emojis per message.

Disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah, upon further review, it is going to be hard to pick a build for Tyrande. AA and heal spam? Sniper of death? Endless free long range stuns?

Probably on a game-by-game basis, pick what best fits the current circumstances. I think focusing on basic attacks will be the way to go and Shadowstalk will probably be the go-to ultimate because it protects Tyrande, gives her mobility, and fuels her healing. Lunar Blaze & Shooting Star seems funny!

I wonder if Huntress's Fury will apply attack effects or just do splash damage. Probably the latter, but if not, then Huntress's Fury + Shadowstalk + Mark of Mending + Iceblade Arrows seems like it'd be very very funny.

In particular Mark of Mending + Tychus/Tracer makes them near-invincible.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Tyrande changes look sick

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PTR means the new patch is probably going in on the 23rd, correct?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
D.Va lacks hard CC but shouldn't her ability to literally bump people back if they're in pursuit of a teammate help her peel?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The Dehaka changes seem weird to me. Particularly the removal of Primal Aggression. I was fond of that talent on creep kill centric maps like Infernal Shrines but oh well I guess.

The new Primal Rage talent is interesting. Don't know if it's good enough to outweigh Primal Swarm at that tier, but it certainly seems like using Adaptation to forestall the need to eat your Essence stack could result in doing good damage via Primal Rage.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Semper Fudge posted:

D.Va's Goliath skin is literally perfect

Edit:

I hope every time you use Call Mech it says "GOLIATH ONLINE" and then just stumbles around for a bit.

signalnoise posted:

Her Evangelion skin is the best though

Good weeb confirmation in Blizz

All these EVA-01 skins but not a single Mazinger Z or Getter Robo or VOTOMS skin, smh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Kai Tave posted:

D.Va lacks hard CC but shouldn't her ability to literally bump people back if they're in pursuit of a teammate help her peel?

D.Va's not going to be peeling allies so much as disrupting the enemy deathball and getting teams out of position.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

D.Va doesn't have two health bars.

She has three. If you lose mech, save the "call mech" for the next objective. Roll up as pilot, soak some damage and do some decent single-target damage, call mech, soak even more damage until time to self-destruct, oh look another health bar.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

BrianBoitano posted:

D.Va doesn't have two health bars.

She has three. If you lose mech, save the "call mech" for the next objective. Roll up as pilot, soak some damage and do some decent single-target damage, call mech, soak even more damage until time to self-destruct, oh look another health bar.

Can you still kill pilot D.Va before the call mech animation is complete similar to Overwatch?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Kai Tave posted:

Can you still kill pilot D.Va before the call mech animation is complete similar to Overwatch?
If the hero isn't really overpowered or like some kind of turbo murky, yeah.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yes you can. It's a short channel and she is not unstoppable. Similarly, when she hops out / gets kicked out of mech, you can easily aim a root or stun where she will be.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Dehaka changes seem weird to me. Particularly the removal of Primal Aggression. I was fond of that talent on creep kill centric maps like Infernal Shrines but oh well I guess.

The new Primal Rage talent is interesting. Don't know if it's good enough to outweigh Primal Swarm at that tier, but it certainly seems like using Adaptation to forestall the need to eat your Essence stack could result in doing good damage via Primal Rage.

I think Dehaka had waveclear that was way too strong for a tank, especially one with a global. Making the ability baseline but weaker is probably the right call since that was the only talent people took anyways.

For the Lucio nerf, what % of is healing comes from non amped aura? Is a 33% reduction in that healing as bad as it sounds? Or is it more like a small nerf because most of his healing comes from Amp it Up and Sound Barrier?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

What about when your mech is destroyed, does D.Va still have a second to hit self-destruct like she does in Overwatch?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Good patch except for the Li Li changes. Not a fan of savaging the hero that much when there are so many other problems with the hero. Lucio changes are a pretty big nerf but I think he's still got so much utility that he'll still be OK

Surprised they came up with two new heroics for Dva, figured it would just be destruct as the heroic. The shot seems really good but I hope Bunny Hop is viable so its seen in pro games :3

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Man stealth is so unfun to play against.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

PTR means the new patch is probably going in on the 23rd, correct?

I'd be surprised if it wasn't next Tuesday the 16th.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Khorne
May 1, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

What about when your mech is destroyed, does D.Va still have a second to hit self-destruct like she does in Overwatch?
Why not just press it right before the mech dies?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

jesus christ

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Khorne posted:

Why not just press it right before the mech dies?

Well in Overwatch it's so that you can keep D.Va fighting on the point until the very last second, just wanted to see if the functionality was the same in HotS.

Yes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

D.Va looks cool and it would be cool if they ported at least big shot to Overwatch. That being said, on paper big shot looks like the weaker of the two since it seems like you'd spend more time in the mech, but maybe it'll have high damage, who knows.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
D.Va's taunt in Pilot Mode is asking if you're in Bronze League which is pretty fukken savage for people actually in Bronze League.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
It's worth noting that D.VA's mech gives half XP if killed. Can't wait for pubbie DVA players to not realize this and feed relentlessly thinking it gives no XP :v:

Also Illidan got a slight buff. Makes me pleased :toot:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

D.Va looks cool and it would be cool if they ported at least big shot to Overwatch.

That would be really nice, agreed.

quote:

That being said, on paper big shot looks like the weaker of the two since it seems like you'd spend more time in the mech, but maybe it'll have high damage, who knows.

I'm imagining something like rolling a self-destruct into the middle of a deathball, finishing off stragglers with Big Shot, then jumping right back in.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Ok watching Alarak streams and this is completely insane now. I hope they don't nerf him too much because I like the idea of a hyper carry damage in the game

Edit: Mewnfarez is in a game where he is auto attacking for 500 and his Q hits for like 1300 with 156% Sadism

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

Ok watching Alarak streams and this is completely insane now. I hope they don't nerf him too much because I like the idea of a hyper carry damage in the game

Edit: Mewnfarez is in a game where he is auto attacking for 500 and his Q hits for like 1300 with 156% Sadism

They're going to tone that damage way down, he was already good and they're massively buffing him. Patch should be fun. Can't wait to see the real bad Alaraks who can't aim W.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Poultron posted:

If you play with the D.va announcer you have some of the worst taste known to man, hope this helps.

you didnt change your dbm announcer on wow to korean d.va so she could whisper sweet korean numbers into your earholes??

New Tyrande looks amazing and D.Va looks really fun.

e: I hope this new iteration of Tyrande stays as is because she sounds really god drat fun and flexible.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 8, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

exquisite tea posted:

Just tried it twice, and you can't do this.

Wish there was a "fully charge your E" button like there is a "complete quests" button.

e:

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Short Cooldowns mode charges it
Thanks!

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 8, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Hi it's me the Snipe Master Nova who uses her stacks to clear PVE targets now

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Just tried it twice, and you can't do this.

Wish there was a "fully charge your E" button like there is a "complete quests" button.

Short Cooldowns mode charges it

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
One of D. Va's poke lines asks if HotS is like "Fighters of the Storm 2," because she used to main Garrosh in that. Another one rips on Sylva... Sylvia? Eh, some old lady who said she "has no time for games." :allears:

Also, she got super excited to meet an actual character from Starcraft and asked to take a selfie together in one game where I was playing a Starcraft hero. :3:

Since it was Alarak, he naturally responded by scoffing and incredulously asking if she was actually serious. :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Nephzinho posted:

They're going to tone that damage way down, he was already good and they're massively buffing him. Patch should be fun. Can't wait to see the real bad Alaraks who can't aim W.

I mean, to be fair is that really all THAT different from an out of control meat quest completed Butcher? :shrug:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Agreed :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmAZjmf6ZaE

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

lol I was not expecting the cool tracer pic at 1:03

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

I mean, to be fair is that really all THAT different from an out of control meat quest completed Butcher? :shrug:

Yes, because those quests can reasonably be completed in the first team fight after they're started. Alaraks kit is also much better than Butcher.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Yeah they better nerf this or you can say hello to 60% winrate Alarak and the least fun games you've ever had

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Valeera: "Huh. Well, I suppose four out of five will have to do."

D.VA: "Oh great. Looks like we've got a carry."

haha I'm dying

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Alarak was good before this? Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Amazing.