Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Jenkem Delivery posted:

APW had an awesome Four Corners match tonight, Brian Cage vs. Jeff Cobb vs. Johnny Mundo vs. Luster the Legend. Luster didn't do much holy poo poo Cage Cobb and Mundo put on a sick match

I just got back from that show and that match owned holy poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

please see your way to the MOTY thread, deathlove-come-lately

You have my supports.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Fucka Jack Swagger

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
A feud five years in the making since Jack Swagger started using Buckle Bombs and Elgin got really salty about it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I can see Swagger vs Elgin being pretty drat good actually.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I can see Swagger vs Elgin being pretty drat good actually.

elgin is the king of the 10 minute new guy showcase and seems to actively seek out those matchups

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
jack swagger poster has the look of a small child at a wedding trying not to make eye contact with anyone but also not look at the floor

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MotU posted:

jack swagger poster has the look of a small child at a wedding trying not to make eye contact with anyone but also not look at the floor

That was all of WWE's style for photos for awhile on their website

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Colby Corino got arrested again

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Muddy Burphy posted:

Colby Corino got arrested again

Source?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

My local newspaper's website.

http://right2know.timesfreepress.com/mugsDetail.aspx?id=120273

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Colby :smith:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

So, this is what, the third time he got arrested within half a year? He needs some serious help, and fast.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So loving proud of all the UK (and honourary brit) wrasslers getting tryouts today, wrestling is great :unsmith:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Skarsnik posted:

So loving proud of all the UK (and honourary brit) wrasslers getting tryouts today, wrestling is great :unsmith:

And it's really nice seeing folks that aren't huge names in there. BT Gunn and Stevie Boy have both been highlights of any ICW show I've seen and Marius Al-Ani really impressed me at wXw's 16 Carat Gold this year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All I ask is that whoever gets signed, ends up leaving with gently caress you amounts of money. I want more goofy rich idiots like CM Punk running around the world

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Lumbermouth posted:

And it's really nice seeing folks that aren't huge names in there. BT Gunn and Stevie Boy have both been highlights of any ICW show I've seen and Marius Al-Ani really impressed me at wXw's 16 Carat Gold this year.

Yeah Im so glad it's not just the progress crew, there's guys there from dragon pro in Newport, which no one ever has heard of and lots of attack pro and fcp in there

The attack pro guys (mark/pete/tyler) have clearly been putting a good word in

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah i hope they strip the whole island bare

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Over here we like seeing our mates achieve their dreams even if it does mean we'll get to see em less :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

I'm in two minds about Travis Banks. If he gets signed now I think he'll fade into obscurity. But if he sticks to the indies for at least a year I think he'll be a huuge deal.
He has really benefited from the hole the original WWEUK guys left in the indie scene.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Did Joey Janella book this? This is inspired.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Kaveman posted:

I'm in two minds about Travis Banks. If he gets signed now I think he'll fade into obscurity. But if he sticks to the indies for at least a year I think he'll be a huuge deal.
He has really benefited from the hole the original WWEUK guys left in the indie scene.

He's in the same boat as TK and Dahlia, his UK visa runs out soon so he absolutely needs to get poo poo done now

It's a loooong way to travel from NZ if you're an indie wrestler and the scene over there isn't great

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Now THIS is my (local) poo poo
https://twitter.com/VAWrestling/status/861672209324142592
The Sandwich Squad is two guys that are gigantic and someone always gives them a big sandwich after their matches (though that started after they would originally get meatball sandwiches from the concession stand)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Any possibility of Jimmy Havoc getting signed by the WWE?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TV Zombie posted:

As good for him that it would be. I could not picture a pg wwe Jimmy Havoc.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

He worked WM Axxess this year. I wouldn't be surprised

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

As I understand it he was recently making jokes about being stunned that he passed their physical, so I dunno...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's a better leader for sanity than eric young

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Skarsnik posted:

He's in the same boat as TK and Dahlia, his UK visa runs out soon so he absolutely needs to get poo poo done now

It's a loooong way to travel from NZ if you're an indie wrestler and the scene over there isn't great

drat didn't know this. I wish him the best then he's got talent for days he'd thrive in NXT if given the chance. Got his character and ring work down. He's in a similar boat to Pete Dunne imo.
Gonna need to get a shirt and a pic with him before he goes.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

as a performer travis banks reminds me very specifically of daniel bryan in 2012

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Blitzkrieg_Pro/status/861725055411245057

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Wrestling card in a deli you say

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Deathlove posted:

Wrestling card in a deli you say
The deli is at street level. The show is in the second floor hall.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Kaveman posted:

drat didn't know this. I wish him the best then he's got talent for days he'd thrive in NXT if given the chance. Got his character and ring work down. He's in a similar boat to Pete Dunne imo.
Gonna need to get a shirt and a pic with him before he goes.

He came over a few months after they did so he's not disappearing next week or anything, but yes you really should

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The deli is at street level. The show is in the second floor hall.

is it a good deli

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

is it a good deli
They make good pirogi.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

Also, he's Nixon Newell's boyfriend and she starting in NXT in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

Of the ones I've seen mentioned I'd put Travis Banks above the rest. He's the finished article. Top prospects I'd say Marius Al-Ani and TK Cooper.

I just can't see Brookes and Webster getting signed. They're both good wrestlers, and very smart and inventive about the business, but they really have genetics against them. Brookes is like 6' 4, but he's rail thin. Webster is announced at 160 lbs, and that's with not being in great shape...

Jurn Simmons is an interesting case. He's a giant in indie terms, but wouldn't stand out at all in WWE. He doesn't have a great body and his wrestling is fairly average. Of the WXW lads I'd certainly pick Marius over him.